A Squatter's Rites

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, more than anything else, this cycle helped me get over the stigma surrounding hormones.

I'm not about to guzzle cheque drops, or however you spell that, but I am certainly more open to using PHs/AAS to further my progress.
WTF is wrong with cheque drops?! :bigok:

...:p

I don't think I'll be cycling for a while. Things are going great as-is. Don't fix what ain't broken, eh? - ASGT, DAA, Orange Triad, SLIN, and an awesome diet have me in perfect condition!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WTF is wrong with cheque drops?! :bigok:

...:p

I don't think I'll be cycling for a while. Things are going great as-is. Don't fix what ain't broken, eh? - ASGT, DAA, Orange Triad, SLIN, and an awesome diet have me in perfect condition!
Orange Triad is one of those things I've considered trying several times, but I've always opted not to buy it because I prefer to take vitamins/minerals separately in doses I choose.

But ASGT/DAA/Slin should rock. I'm back on ASGT now that I'm in PCT (I missed it man) and I'll be starting up TCF-1 here soon too, so I'll be on two thirds of that stack.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well this is turning out to be a simultaneously difficult and awesome week.

It's deloading week, so things are a bit more laid back in the gym. This, however, has been made more of a challenge because I have the first ear infection I've had since I was about 7. Doing science when just freaking thinking hurts is a bit of an impediment.

Still, I had a simply fantastic meeting yesterday with my mentors and the head of the department. They really liked my data, and informed me that they had chosen a committee for me. This committee is the council that will decide when I'm worthy of becoming a doctor.

My committee will consist of: 2 Nobel Laureates, the Dean of the Medical School, the head of Pharmacology, and several HHMI investigators. :jaw:

The bar has been raised, gentlemen, to an unbelievably high level. This is both awesome and terrifying.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
GOOD LUCK BRO!!!!! I know you can do it! Kill it in the gym, kill it at school! When you're a doc I'm gonna come see you about getting some RXs lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this is turning out to be a simultaneously difficult and awesome week.

It's deloading week, so things are a bit more laid back in the gym. This, however, has been made more of a challenge because I have the first ear infection I've had since I was about 7. Doing science when just freaking thinking hurts is a bit of an impediment.

Still, I had a simply fantastic meeting yesterday with my mentors and the head of the department. They really liked my data, and informed me that they had chosen a committee for me. This committee is the council that will decide when I'm worthy of becoming a doctor.

My committee will consist of: 2 Nobel Laureates, the Dean of the Medical School, the head of Pharmacology, and several HHMI investigators. :jaw:

The bar has been raised, gentlemen, to an unbelievably high level. This is both awesome and terrifying.
Good luck! and a round of supps on Resolve once he's ordained doctor.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Good luck! and a round of supps on Resolve once he's ordained doctor.
Supps like Testosterone Enanthate prescribed... YEAH BUDDY! lol

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
man that is awesome news my friend!!! Knowing you that committee will either love you so much they will do all to assist, or you will have them in the gym doing DLs until they puke... either way you are golden!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, thanks guys.

I'm actually getting my doctorate in pharmacology and biochem. This means I design drugs, rather than prescribe them. But I do have access to just about any chemical compound anyone could ever want. :32:

Regarding the committee, these guys will evaluate me once every six months until they think I'm ready. I'm just beginning my second year now, so I have about another 2-3years to go before I'm done.

It's just that, normally, you don't have so many illustrious figures all on one committee. I'm going to be scrutinized regularly by every poster child the university has.

I like the idea getting them to DL; though how you convince a 75 year-old metabolomist to take up powerlifting is beyond me!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
haha I am sure if ANYBODY can find a way to get that old fart DLing, it is YOU!!! and TOTALLY not fair having an endless supply of raw ingredients.... have I ever told you I hate you!!! j/k ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha I am sure if ANYBODY can find a way to get that old fart DLing, it is YOU!!! and TOTALLY not fair having an endless supply of raw ingredients.... have I ever told you I hate you!!! j/k ;)
I think its time we start making code speak for Resolve. Could you please send me 5 vials of KFC, 2 grams of biscuits and a 12 weeks helping of coleslaw :ntome:

Some post chicken therapy would be an added bonus ;)

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
lol or try this
I will have 1 triple with cheese, some biggie fries, hold the salt - and a LARGE strawberry shake, extra "Straws" needed!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats Resolve. That is truly awesome. By the way thanks for popping in on that other forum. I ended up pulling off my LG hat for a minute to let him in on some reality. Of course I am sure it went on deaf ears. Well on a forum blind eyes might be more accurate???

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think its time we start making code speak for Resolve. Could you please send me 5 vials of KFC, 2 grams of biscuits and a 12 weeks helping of coleslaw :ntome:

Some post chicken therapy would be an added bonus ;)
Post Chicken therapy should be real - you need it after eating KFC!

lol or try this
I will have 1 triple with cheese, some biggie fries, hold the salt - and a LARGE strawberry shake, extra "Straws" needed!!
We have lots and lots and lots of straws :bigok:

22 gauge.... STRAW
:stooges:

Congrats Resolve. That is truly awesome. By the way thanks for popping in on that other forum. I ended up pulling off my LG hat for a minute to let him in on some reality. Of course I am sure it went on deaf ears. Well on a forum blind eyes might be more accurate???
Happy to help. I'm am LG fan, don't care who knows it, and it pisses me off to see general abuse laid out for no good reason.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, has it really been almost a month since my last update? Geez... I'm lazy...

Anyway, I completed PCT a while ago and am transitioning into a cut now.

When all was said and done, I weighed in at 164lb. I consider that my starting weight for this cut - it's the most I've ever weighed, and while I did pick up some chub, I'm also the strongest and most muscular I've ever been.

Even after PCT I seem to have retained most of my strength - I squatted 435 yesterday perfectly, and that is the most weight I ever used for that movement.

In chins, I'm finally hitting 135x3 with satisfactory power and ROM, and I'm still benching ~400. Not sure where deads sit currently, though I did pull 500x3 last week.

I've gotta nice stack lined up for this cut, making use of some old faves and new goodies:

Old Faves -
2 Bottles Alpha-T2: 3/day to start
2 Bottles Lipoburn: Lots of pumps all over
X-Force: 2 Caps Pre-workout
BC+EAA: 10 scoops intra

New Hotness -
Tropical Mango MAP: 1 scoop Pre, 1 scoop Post
Vita Berry: 2scoops intra
Toco-8: 1 scoop with my breakfast shake

This list doesn't include my staples: protein, fish oil, vitD, mag, zinc, etc.

NattyD also sent me a bottle of Erase because he's awesome, so I may toss that in here somewhere too.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, has it really been almost a month since my last update? Geez... I'm lazy...

Anyway, I completed PCT a while ago and am transitioning into a cut now.

When all was said and done, I weighed in at 164lb. I consider that my starting weight for this cut - it's the most I've ever weighed, and while I did pick up some chub, I'm also the strongest and most muscular I've ever been.

Even after PCT I seem to have retained most of my strength - I squatted 435 yesterday perfectly, and that is the most weight I ever used for that movement.

In chins, I'm finally hitting 135x3 with satisfactory power and ROM, and I'm still benching ~400. Not sure where deads sit currently, though I did pull 500x3 last week.

I've gotta nice stack lined up for this cut, making use of some old faves and new goodies:

Old Faves -
2 Bottles Alpha-T2: 3/day to start
2 Bottles Lipoburn: Lots of pumps all over
X-Force: 2 Caps Pre-workout
BC+EAA: 10 scoops intra

New Hotness -
Tropical Mango MAP: 1 scoop Pre, 1 scoop Post
Vita Berry: 2scoops intra
Toco-8: 1 scoop with my breakfast shake

This list doesn't include my staples: protein, fish oil, vitD, mag, zinc, etc.

NattyD also sent me a bottle of Erase because he's awesome, so I may toss that in here somewhere too.
You do mean 264, don't you?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decent. Gyno seems to be in remission. It's not gone, but it's not bothering me 24/7 like it used to. Considering that was the whole point of the cycle, I'd say it was pretty successful.
Good deal, man. I'd like to run something but I doubt I will. Why fix what ain't broken?

I was going to run 200/400 of Test/Deca, probably with an oral in the beginning, but have yet to decide. Everything is going great while natural, so I kind of don't see the point.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good deal, man. I'd like to run something but I doubt I will. Why fix what ain't broken?

I was going to run 200/400 of Test/Deca, probably with an oral in the beginning, but have yet to decide. Everything is going great while natural, so I kind of don't see the point.
If you're making progress without the AAS, yeah, wait and use 'em when you'd benefit the most.

I've been contemplating a simple Androhard cycle in January, but I may not get to do that now that it's being discontinued.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're making progress without the AAS, yeah, wait and use 'em when you'd benefit the most.

I've been contemplating a simple Androhard cycle in January, but I may not get to do that now that it's being discontinued.
Can't you get it now and use it later?

I've got some other stuff in my cabinet that I may be able to use to help me out without worrying about shut-down. I'm thinking about blasting MMv2 Xplo-caps on 3 training days per week. I have a couple bottles left. - I also have some Liquid Masterdrol, but that stuff has so much Yohimbine in it I can't handle it. MMv2 is difficult enough for me.

I also have HD-2 (NP's Halodrol-50 clone).

...those are the only milder ones I have. In addition, I've got 1-TT and Epi.

Oh, I benched 310 yesterday. Attempted 315 but dumped. I probably could have gotten it if I didn't go up so gradually. Too many heavy sets. That's a 15lb PR for me. Feels good man. :)

My goal is a 350 bench by years end. I Squatted 465 on Friday, hoping to hit 495 by end of the year.

Doing my pulls today.

/intrusive personal update

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff Resolve. What is going on with Androhard, I thought it was new. I was hearing a lot of good things bout it now it is probably going away?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoot man - 465 squat?! You put me to shame!

310 on bench is very respectable too, you're still weighing in around 170-180?
185ish. Ya. I haven't weighed myself in over a month, but I don't see any change. If anything, I went down in weight.

Good stuff Resolve. What is going on with Androhard, I thought it was new. I was hearing a lot of good things bout it now it is probably going away?
From what I understand, it was essentially a higher dose of the main active hormone in the old T-911. Excellent recomp and hardening. I really would have liked to try AndroHard! :(

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, Primordial is discontinuing all of our current PH products to raise funds for a new line. We're having a fantastic sale: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/160601-breaking-news-pp.html

185ish. Ya. I haven't weighed myself in over a month, but I don't see any change. If anything, I went down in weight.

From what I understand, it was essentially a higher dose of the main active hormone in the old T-911. Excellent recomp and hardening. I really would have liked to try AndroHard! :(
You're getting big man.

I think Androhard is an alpha enantiomer whereas T-911 was a beta, but I don't see that making a difference in effect. The old T-911 was the best thing ever, so I've been looking forward to AH tremendously.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I benched 405 on Tuesday. However, it was pretty "dirty", if you will - had to concentrate like hell on "pressing it to my feet." Form could definitely be more solid. I'll shoot for the same weight next month, and focus on improving my power between now and then.

Wednesday was an off day - just did 20min of skipping rope and jump jacks.

Right now I'm rocking to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" with an Americano and a Nature Paper. Life is good and I've got Deads this afternoon.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
man I wish I could half press 405!!!! You BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I benched 405 on Tuesday. However, it was pretty "dirty", if you will - had to concentrate like hell on "pressing it to my feet." Form could definitely be more solid. I'll shoot for the same weight next month, and focus on improving my power between now and then.
Are you driving your heels down; keeping legs and core tight?

I'm taking off of my normal OH Press day and doing some more bench work tonight. I'll be doing 1brd-3brd, some speed work, and some shoulder-accessory work. I need to get it UP!!!!

I'm pretty happy with my Squat and Pull, but I need to really get my bench up and increase my Total.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you driving your heels down; keeping legs and core tight?

I'm taking off of my normal OH Press day and doing some more bench work tonight. I'll be doing 1brd-3brd, some speed work, and some shoulder-accessory work. I need to get it UP!!!!

I'm pretty happy with my Squat and Pull, but I need to really get my bench up and increase my Total.
I was. It was merely the load involved that was causing the issues. That's why I'll be focusing on moving 405 with greater ease before I add any more weight.

Board presses huh? Never had a chance to use them. I've always done pin-press and floor press instead. Floor Presses have helped my bench a ton.

I picked up some Monster mini-bands yesterday - can't wait to give them a try.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was. It was merely the load involved that was causing the issues. That's why I'll be focusing on moving 405 with greater ease before I add any more weight.

Board presses huh? Never had a chance to use them. I've always done pin-press and floor press instead. Floor Presses have helped my bench a ton.

I picked up some Monster mini-bands yesterday - can't wait to give them a try.
Floor presses are great too.

Haven't done too much band work. I've used them a little, but never made it a thing. Reverse bands are nice for the psyche. :p

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
"I'm locking out 500 for multiple reps! I...AM...A GOD!!!"

Or better yet, reverse band rack-pulls: for the ultimate ego-lifter. ;)
impressive to say the least. fukkin beast bro.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
lol no problem. i was like damn 500?? lol... i check in to this log and tomahawks log and instantly my nuts shrink lol... i dont htink its the test quite yet haha

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol no problem. i was like damn 500?? lol... i check in to this log and tomahawks log and instantly my nuts shrink lol... i dont htink its the test quite yet haha
I hear ya, like a frightened turtle.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is for Resolve and his appreciation for old Nintendo.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome Sam - that game was too freaking hard when I was a kid.

Yesterday was Dead day.

I met my pr of 555, but failed on 565 with two attempts. My legs just didn't have it in them. If I had jumped from ~515 to 565 I think I could have made it. That's ok, I've been focusing more on bringing up my squat anyway.

Today is OH Press and upper body accessory day.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome Sam - that game was too freaking hard when I was a kid.

Yesterday was Dead day.

I met my pr of 555, but failed on 565 with two attempts. My legs just didn't have it in them. If I had jumped from ~515 to 565 I think I could have made it. That's ok, I've been focusing more on bringing up my squat anyway.

Today is OH Press and upper body accessory day.
Nice work! I made the same mistake with my bench this past week. My gradual increase in weight kept me from getting 315. I should have just went from 300 to 315 instead of 300 -> 310 -> 315.

I had my OH Press and accessory day yesterday. It was a great workout. Pressed 225 which is a personal best for me.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work! I made the same mistake with my bench this past week. My gradual increase in weight kept me from getting 315. I should have just went from 300 to 315 instead of 300 -> 310 -> 315.

I had my OH Press and accessory day yesterday. It was a great workout. Pressed 225 which is a personal best for me.
Exactly - it's a trade off between self-assurance and glory. I like to work up to a max gradually because it builds confidence as the weight increases, but it leaves the tank a bit emptier when it comes time to actually test your limits.

225 OH is great man. I went with Push Press today, from a clean wrack on the delts.

6 sets, 3 warm-ups, 3 work sets. Worked up to a single with 275, which, like you, is a PR.

Supersetted that with some band lateral raises and face pulls.

Then I did some Banded JM Press. HOLY COW this is the best Triceps movement I have ever done PERIOD. I made it to 145 for 8reps with a Monster Mini-Band, which added about 100lb resistance at the top. Absolutely devastating to the back of the arms.

Supersetted with DB Upright Rows, working up to 95s for 6reps.

Finished off with some curls, a rope extension drop-set, and some machine flies.

Left feeling pumped and worked.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man you are beastin Resolve. Keep killing it.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
275 is beastly bro... beast mode up in here

oh btw i added some low dose dbol to the mix.. all about it in my log ;)

keep at it bro you're freakishly strong lol

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm trying. As calories drop and cardio increases, we'll see if I can keep my strength. I'm eating 150g Carbs most days, and carb cycling, as this really seems to help my recovery and power.

275 was freaking scary to lift overhead. :eek:
I just ate about 150g in 15mins. 3 home-made burritos :D

275 is beastly bro... beast mode up in here

oh btw i added some low dose dbol to the mix.. all about it in my log ;)

keep at it bro you're freakishly strong lol
Be sure to detail us on the Dbol. What is your history with other orals? Is it listed in your log? Link me up!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just ate about 150g in 15mins. 3 home-made burritos :D

Be sure to detail us on the Dbol. What is your history with other orals? Is it listed in your log? Link me up!
That was me a couple of weeks ago. I'd get home from the gym and have a mango, two cups of cooked brown rice and salsa/guac over the top. MMMMmmm...

I also developed an unhealthy love for beef back ribs. A rack a night makes the PRs come!

Southern's log is good stuff - I'm constantly learning new stuff on AAS over there. Even if his dosages are absolute madness. :D

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some active recovery/dynamic effort work today:

Light Front Squats: 3 warm-up sets, 8 doubles w/275
supersetted with seated calf raises

Pendlay rows: 5 sets of 8-10

Mule Kicks, Leg Exts, Leg Curls and Donkey calves.

Finished with 10min cycling.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deloading week:

Yesterday I did some back squats with 225. Just did sets of 5 until I felt good and "activated". Followed these with some bb hacks, leg exts and donkey calves.

Had a guy tell me the bb hacks were bad for my back. I asked him why he thought that - his answer: "because you bend your knees too much." W. T. F. ?!
I replied that that made no sense and that I wanted a large ROM to hit the vastus medialis in my quads. He asked what "those" were. "Those?", I replied. "Quadriceps, what are they?" O_0 I slapped my thigh saying "these are your quads. and if you don't know that, you shouldn't be telling anybody what's good or bad for them in the gym."
He didn't seem happy with that. :rolleyes:

Today I did bench, sets of 5 with 225, supersetted with bodyweight chins. Followed this with Dips, db curls, incline banded flies and reverse curls.

Feeling tired, didn't get enough sleep last night, but I've dumped a ton of water weight.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice looking session. I need to get in there today or tomorrow. I just developed a sinus infection just I'm just taking it a little easy right now. It's deload week for me too.

Resolve, have you gotten to try the Slingshot yet? My training coach has been using one and he's doing really well with it. Pretty cool looking product for improving bench form. He just put a video up doing 315x21 using it.