A detailed Ostarine & Training log from someone with Crohn & IBS

jantios

jantios

Awards
Day 37 of Ostarine, 20 MG

Had a great Leg workout, ended up doing 5 sets of pullups, some rows and straight arm pulldowns afterwards!

Leg Press
440x8
485x8
507x8
550x8

Dumbell Lunges
35x20
35x20
40x20

Seated Leg Curl
143x10
165x10x2
80x25

Leg Extensions
145x10
156x10x2
80x15

Calf Press on Leg Press
350x15
400x15
400x15
330x15
260x15

Widest Grip Pull Up

Dumbell Row
48x8x3

Straight Arm Pulldown
33x10
44x10x2

jantios

jantios

Awards
Day 39 of Ostarine 20 mg

Barbell benched for the first time in yeaaaars yesterday, always did dumbell press because I injured my shoulder with barbell bench when I first started lifting. Shoulder felt good enough these past months to try it. Ended up with 225 for a single, with a lot of room for improvement. Will increase slowly to avoid shoulder problems again.

Only three days left! Still no sides so thats really good news. Will probably continue to log, because it's beneficial for me have a backlog to look at. Also, feel free to contact my if you got Crohn's, Colitis or some other form of IBS and have questions. I have a question for the moderators, do I need to start a new topic or can I continue here? I like to log my PCT too, and will be looking at some LGD for some much needed bulking :)

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Day 39 of Ostarine 20 mg

Barbell benched for the first time in yeaaaars yesterday, always did dumbell press because I injured my shoulder with barbell bench when I first started lifting. Shoulder felt good enough these past months to try it. Ended up with 225 for a single, with a lot of room for improvement. Will increase slowly to avoid shoulder problems again.

Only three days left! Still no sides so thats really good news. Will probably continue to log, because it's beneficial for me have a backlog to look at. Also, feel free to contact my if you got Crohn's, Colitis or some other form of IBS and have questions. I have a question for the moderators, do I need to start a new topic or can I continue here? I like to log my PCT too, and will be looking at some LGD for some much needed bulking :)
Awesome man! Don't let the fact that you feel well fool you, you are probably suppressed, just not feeling it. Osta is really nice. Looking to see final gains in three days!

jantios

jantios

Awards
Awesome man! Don't let the fact that you feel well fool you, you are probably suppressed, just not feeling it. Osta is really nice. Looking to see final gains in three days!
Yes I know, thats why I am going to take the nolvadex and DAA, just to be sure. Going to take a low dose though!

jantios

jantios

Awards
Day 3 of PCT

Nothing special to say really, feeling a bit awkward but thats probably because of the nolvadex. Had a leg workout yesterday, which was the same in term of strength as last week, so thats good. I'm upping my kcals abit, to 2900, because I want to go for a c******** the coming 2 months or so.

jantios

jantios

Awards
Day 6 of PCT, nolvadex + Daa

So far so good with the PCT! I focused a new goal today, I will be doing a c l e ann bulk at around +3200 kcal or so for the coming 2 months. It feels good to have a clear goal again, because I felt I was lacking size to do a deep cut. I actually decided to do a Smolov JR bench routine for the coming 4 weeks, as I feel my chest is still a bit weak compared to my back.

I did my first Smolov workout today, barbell benched 6x6 and did some moderate accesory-push work after that. Feel great actually, and I believe that this Smolov routine is going to treat me well and will help me reach that 260 bench in combination with a calorie surplus.

My abs last week Deltacode ; The picture isn't that good, I dropped+- 8 pounds compared to before I did Ostarine, but I did not continue my cut in my last +-2 weeks of Ostarine! So I practually only cutted for 4 weeks before I decided I was gonna slight bulk, I could be much leaner if I persisted with this cut. I still rate this product a 8 out of 10, because it showed a lot of promise for my next cut, when I will be having more mass!

View attachment 133427

Attachments

Last edited:
jantios

jantios

Awards
Day 7 of PCT, nolvadex and DAA,

Did back & biceps today, and I had lowered my volume a bit. Did 5 sets of Pull ups, 3 sets of seated rows, 4 sets of Dumbell Rows and some Facepulls and Shrugs. My strength was, say, down with just 1 rep per exercise. Not bad!

I am looking forward to tommorow's workout, which will be Smolov JR bench again and some accesory work! Have a feeling my upped kcal (3200+) is going to give me some good gains.

jantios

jantios

Awards
My PCT ended yesterday! Had to say it was a good experience. The only side effect I noticed was that I felt a bit awkward/down sometimes.
I aim at 3500kcal a day, and see from there at what speed I will gain weight. Im aiming at max 1 lbs every week or even two weeks to keep bodyfat at a low.
Strengthwise, it's hard for me to say if I lost strength, because I'm doing the Smolov JR bench routine which sucks a lot of energy out of me. However, my bench is going up crazy! I'm on schedule, and with this kcal surplus I will be benching 270 in no time.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you aren't losing strength I'd say you're good to go. Did you lose any weight in PCT?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
My PCT ended yesterday! Had to say it was a good experience. The only side effect I noticed was that I felt a bit awkward/down sometimes.
I aim at 3500kcal a day, and see from there at what speed I will gain weight. Im aiming at max 1 lbs every week or even two weeks to keep bodyfat at a low.
Strengthwise, it's hard for me to say if I lost strength, because I'm doing the Smolov JR bench routine which sucks a lot of energy out of me. However, my bench is going up crazy! I'm on schedule, and with this kcal surplus I will be benching 270 in no time.
Well done. What were the final gains?
Looking forward to your PCT.

jantios

jantios

Awards
I grabbed the measuring tape the day I took my last capsules of ostarine. My Arms were first, and I did not gain size on them. After that my legs, I gained very little, to nothing on the legs and calfs. So that was a bit depressief at that moment. I lost like 1-2 lbs of weight during my pct.

It sounds like the cycle was a failure, but the fact is that Im hell of a lot stronger at the moment than last january. I did 5 sets of 9-10 pull ups with a 15lbs added yesterday, and currently in the Smolov routine I benched 190-200lbs For 8 sets of 4-6 with still left in the tank, while I barely benched 225 For a Rep two weeks ago. My leg press and lunges are also still 10-20% up from january. I also weighed in at just 84.9 kg, which is the lowest ive been in 8 months. Seems like this bulk is treating me well!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
I grabbed the measuring tape the day I took my last capsules of ostarine. My Arms were first, and I did not gain size on them. After that my legs, I gained very little, to nothing on the legs and calfs. So that was a bit depressief at that moment. I lost like 1-2 lbs of weight during my pct.

It sounds like the cycle was a failure, but the fact is that Im hell of a lot stronger at the moment than last january. I did 5 sets of 9-10 pull ups with a 15lbs added yesterday, and currently in the Smolov routine I benched 190-200lbs For 8 sets of 4-6 with still left in the tank, while I barely benched 225 For a Rep two weeks ago. My leg press and lunges are also still 10-20% up from january. I also weighed in at just 84.9 kg, which is the lowest ive been in 8 months. Seems like this bulk is treating me well!
When you started out with "I grabbed the measuring tape" I immediately asked myself if this was a post I really wanted to read. Then I got immediately curious as to whether I missed out on some different kind of gains.

jantios

jantios

Awards
When you started out with "I grabbed the measuring tape" I immediately asked myself if this was a post I really wanted to read. Then I got immediately curious as to whether I missed out on some different kind of gains.
Haha, will keep that information for myself! I had the best bench session ever yesterday, it was my 4th bench day in the week, and my 2nd consecutive benchday. I was sceptical about benching two consecutive days in this program, but it really surprised me. I did 10 sets of 3 reps, and hit PR's on almost every set, ha! On my 10th set, I benched 225 for 3 reps, which makes me believe my 1RM is already up huge in two weeks if I start with testing 1RM out fresh!

jantios

jantios

Awards
Today I did Chest & Shoulders & Triceps. I'm in the 3rd week of the Smolov JR bench routine and am really liking the strength gains so far.
However, I do feel that it's taking a toll on my body, especially tendons and joints. Only 5 bench sessions left!

Barbell Bench Press
135x7
176x5
188x5x6

Dumbell Shoulder Press
44x10
54x10x2

Standing side lateral raises with 1 arm
18x10x3
10x10

Triceps Cable Pushdown
88x10
98x10
110x10
130x10

Overhead Rope extension
66x10x3

Dumbell Skullcrushers
22x10
44x10x4

Been eating around 3500-3600 kcal, and I am still hungry as a mother****er. Probably also because of the Mirtazapine, which is known for increasing appetite. I had some 4000+ days last week, and have to force myself not to eat more. But at this rate it's all going good, am up 1lbs since 10 days ago, which is the rate I am aiming for! No fat gains! :D

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Today I did Chest & Shoulders & Triceps. I'm in the 3rd week of the Smolov JR bench routine and am really liking the strength gains so far.
However, I do feel that it's taking a toll on my body, especially tendons and joints. Only 5 bench sessions left!

Barbell Bench Press
135x7
176x5
188x5x6

Dumbell Shoulder Press
44x10
54x10x2

Standing side lateral raises with 1 arm
18x10x3
10x10

Triceps Cable Pushdown
88x10
98x10
110x10
130x10

Overhead Rope extension
66x10x3

Dumbell Skullcrushers
22x10
44x10x4

Been eating around 3500-3600 kcal, and I am still hungry as a mother****er. Probably also because of the Mirtazapine, which is known for increasing appetite. I had some 4000+ days last week, and have to force myself not to eat more. But at this rate it's all going good, am up 1lbs since 10 days ago, which is the rate I am aiming for! No fat gains! :D
Looks awesome that you're still making gains! That's 1lb of muscle ... lazy muscle! :lmao:

jantios

jantios

Awards
Had a very good Leg workout today. At the end of my workout I tried to do stuff legged deadlifts with a few light dumbells. Because I have lower back issues, for which I visited the hospital and the physicist, I can't make a flat back when I do exercises like this. It also hurts if I even deadlift just 1 lbs.

The physicist told me that its probably not a good idea if I did heavy exercises like squats and deadlifts because it could make it worse. I however can't resist the urge, I want to do it! Is there anyone reading this that has some tips or tricks for this?

jantios

jantios

Awards
Who's interested in another log, 2 years later? Funny to read my old log, and to see I progressed a lot on some exercises, and nothing at all on some others!

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Who's interested in another log, 2 years later? Funny to read my old log, and to see I progressed a lot on some exercises, and nothing at all on some others!
Yeah, I want to hear more about your experience. I’m facing some of the same challenges as you - I was recently diagnosed with IBS, and I already have scoliosis.