6'5 230, almost 18 looking to bulk

hawaiianhero

Awards
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I am looking for advice on trying to bulk up from 230 to 250 and maybe even 265 (I can support the weight, I am 6'5 and of big frame). I am currently 17 (1 month till I am 18) and have been talking Kre-alkalyn 1500 along with Jack8d for my pre-work out. 2 pills of the kre-alkalyn when I wake up and 2 more right before I go lift. Other than the Kre-alkalyn, I take a protein shake mixed with Glutamine afterward along with a 30g protein bar. My workout is everyday, 2 hours a day. I start each lift with 2 warm up sets then work into 4 or 5 heavy working sets. Focusing on a different muscle group each day.

Other than those basic things I have been trying to nail down a healthier diet. Only water other than my protein shake and occasional glass of OJ. I limit the carbs as much as possible and try to eat high protein such as eggs, chicken breast and other red meats.

If anyone could please help me with what I should be eating, what times are best to eat, supplements, ways to lift or anything it would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks for reading:)

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
First off, limiting your carbs is kinda good in a way but at the same time if you're bulking you need a good amount of carbs for plenty of reasons (just google carbs for bulking or something like that), just make sure your getting plenty of good carbs, protein and fats. And for the kre-alkalyn, i'd dump that, pick up some Controlled Lab's Green MAG, waaayy better creatine mono. That Jack3d is ok (never used it but just from reading peep's reviews on it and whatnot i guess its alright). Get something like Hemavol for your pre-workout supp instead, no stims and well, google it, the pumps it gives speaks for itself. Or you can just get something like C-BOL which is creatine nitrate, its creatine and it gives you a hell of a pump. Your decision.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok, if you are bulking, u need to eat carbs. and lots of them. oats, bagels, sweet potatoes...etc. your training is too long. 2 hours is too long. limit it and try to stay at 1 hour unless ur doing cardio for part of your workout or something like that. i dont know how long u have been training, but DC and 5x5 are great routines for mass and strength.

as far as supplements go, just stick to the staples. Creatine (can be Nitrate), BCAAs, Fish Oil, Multi Vitamin, Protein

Creatine - if you are responding well to yours, then stay on it. Or you can try NeoVar, Creapure, or Creatine Nitrate.
BCAAs - Many different brands. just look on nutra and they have plenty. get one with a high ratio
Fish Oil - Omega Essentials or just plain fish oil from your grocery store will work.
Protein - Whey protein is my choice (ON)

TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Oooooo baby i like it Raaaawwwwwww, yea baby i like it Raaaawwwwwww.

- Ole' Dirty Bastard

mdpwrlifter

Awards
ok, if you are bulking, u need to eat carbs. and lots of them. oats, bagels, sweet potatoes...etc. your training is too long. 2 hours is too long. limit it and try to stay at 1 hour unless ur doing cardio for part of your workout or something like that. i dont know how long u have been training, but DC and 5x5 are great routines for mass and strength.

as far as supplements go, just stick to the staples. Creatine (can be Nitrate), BCAAs, Fish Oil, Multi Vitamin, Protein

Creatine - if you are responding well to yours, then stay on it. Or you can try NeoVar, Creapure, or Creatine Nitrate.
BCAAs - Many different brands. just look on nutra and they have plenty. get one with a high ratio
Fish Oil - Omega Essentials or just plain fish oil from your grocery store will work.
Protein - Whey protein is my choice (ON)
Great post. Just lift heavy, train 4 or5 days per week and eat enough calories to be sure you are gaining weight.

TmRich0808

Awards
a 17 year old, 6'5" and 230 lbs? boy youre gonna be in the nfl one day.