5/3/1 Experience

Ant.

Cutting Sucks!
Awards
I usually will do it once per cycle. Usually on the 5/3/1 day on the last set. It really depends on how I feel. I don't feel the need to go for a rep max on the last set of each workout. I will usually leave a rep or two in the tank. I haven't done a true 1RM in a while. I'm training for a PL comp right now so that will happen soon. I also will give myself an extra day to recover sometime. I space out my heavy squats and deads pretty far apart. My hamstrings tend to stay sore from squatting so I will postpone my deads sometimes. If the deads are getting your low back, don't be afraid to back off on the percentages a little.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Im not pulling as much as you but I dont go all out on deadlifts either, prolly could do 1-2more. My form gets worse and worse the more fatigue I experience, regardless of the exercise. I dont wanna pull or hurt myself for an extra rep :(

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
I pulled a rep max every week and hit PR's for 3+ months straight on my deadlift doing 5/3/1. Went from 430x6 to 490x6. I also ran an oral cycle but I hit pr's before the cycle and 3 weeks straight after the cycle.

Squats improved a lot as well. Bench, not so much. MP got weaker...