ATW - Let's talk to the Owner - He is listening

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guys -

I keep telling the owner what great thoughts you all have. Bulk ordering is all because of you and the new flavors that will be ready soon (T-BONE gets sample one of PB, closely followed by the pain in the ass, SJA).

Anyway -

He had some questions and wanted experts to answer and I suggested that he ask you guys and I can print out the threads for him. I would truly appreciate any feedback. No smart remarks, though, he is a terrific guy, but a 'tad serious. You know what I'm saying.

He was very impressed with the thoughts I shared with him about your feelings about SuperMass and what you guys wanted in a Weight Gainer. So, I have a question below and all responses will be read by the owner for evaluating new product ideas.

Thanks, guys.

What are you looking for in a Energy Product or Weight Gainer?

What would you like to see in a Anabolic Milk Product?

Oh, and the first 20 orders placed through ME this weekend will get our new shirts that just arrived and are being used in Florence, Italy this weekend for a body building event.

I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS....even some of you that are really out to get me!!!!!!:poke:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys -

I keep telling the owner what great thoughts you all have. Bulk ordering is all because of you and the new flavors that will be ready soon (T-BONE gets sample one of PB, closely followed by the pain in the ass, SJA).

Anyway -

He had some questions and wanted experts to answer and I suggested that he ask you guys and I can print out the threads for him. I would truly appreciate any feedback. No smart remarks, though, he is a terrific guy, but a 'tad serious. You know what I'm saying.

He was very impressed with the thoughts I shared with him about your feelings about SuperMass and what you guys wanted in a Weight Gainer. So, I have a question below and all responses will be read by the owner for evaluating new product ideas.

Thanks, guys.

What are you looking for in a Energy Product or Weight Gainer?

What would you like to see in a Anabolic Milk Product?

Oh, and the first 20 orders placed through ME this weekend will get our new shirts that just arrived and are being used in Florence, Italy this weekend for a body building event.

Those are gonna be some nasty smelling shirts?

I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS....even some of you that are really out to get me!!!!!!:poke:

For the Anabolic Milk product, I would like to see Chocolate Flavor Milk Protein Isolate. I myself, and I am sure almost everyone elese here would purchase it!. The plain MPI just tastes bad.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
SJA told me that the peanut butter sample is greatly appreciated......my dear. :cheers:

I would think that calcium caseinate with MPI would be a good blend. I mean, you could throw in some hydrolyzed casein but that **** tastes bitter. Micellar casein would also be awesome, but I don't know if you could make any money on it as it's rather expensive.

The idea here is to get slower absorption and still have a great taste. Those of us who react to the lactose won't be purchasing these products anyway, but for those that can handle it, I would think that you would want a slow digesting protein (at 75% loading) and a quicker absorbing one (25%) as a blend (maybe the hydro casein here). I'm sure opinions will vary though. Most may just want the slow absorption and have the option to add some whey for fast absorption......we'll see what everyone has to say.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SJA told me that the peanut butter sample is greatly appreciated......my dear. :cheers:

I would think that calcium caseinate with MPI would be a good blend. I mean, you could throw in some hydrolyzed casein but that **** tastes bitter. Micellar casein would also be awesome, but I don't know if you could make any money on it as it's rather expensive.

The idea here is to get slower absorption and still have a great taste. Those of us who react to the lactose won't be purchasing these products anyway, but for those that can handle it, I would think that you would want a slow digesting protein (at 75% loading) and a quicker absorbing one (25%) as a blend (maybe the hydro casein here). I'm sure opinions will vary though. Most may just want the slow absorption and have the option to add some whey for fast absorption......we'll see what everyone has to say.
I just want the MPI with some kind of flavoring with it. Milk protien Isolate and Micellar casein are the exact same thing. I like the price of MPI as it is so keep the price the same and just add some flavoring. I did finally figure out a way to make it taste tollerable though it was expensive. I mixed it with some water, some chocolate carb countdown milk, a little cream and some olive oil. Its extremely expensive that way though, because the extras I add are so expensive. I'm sure if I can figure out a way to make it taste good, the "Mad Scientists" over at All The Whey can too. You just need a strong chocolate flavor with some splenda to make it sweeter. Maybe add some kind of fat source, that would also cover up the taste of the casien somewhat. All I can say is its the perfect price, it just needs a little flavoring. It doesn't have to be perfect either, just tolerable.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Okay - 90 people read this thread (me makes 91) - What am I not asking? I have to face this muscle man on Monday!!!!! He wants to produce products that have what YOU NEED........ So, someone tell me what are you looking for in an 'ENERGY PRODUCT'? What would be the most important components of it - I have gotten some great information regarding the Weight Gainer and I really appreciate that....but aside from PEANUT BUTTER, what are you looking for that is not presently available or up to your standards and needs.

Did I mention that I am crazy for this board?>???? Believe me, I have a few others that really don't care for me much.....

Laura

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
For the milk product if it's going to have MCT's in it like muscle milk or any type of fat for that matter than eliminate any type of sugar including maltodextrin. Any of the above listed proteins are good options.

For the weight gainer i don't think to many guys around here are really interested in that. But a meal replacement with low gi carbs (no this dosn't mean maltodextrin) would be good. Maybe something w/a 1:1 ratio of carbs to protein with 4 or more grams of fiber. The addition of fats here really isn't necessary as we can always add a scoop of peanut butter if necessary.

Energy supplement. 200 mg caffeine, 1 gram alcar, 500 mg green tea, 5mg yohimbine, and tyrosine.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For the milk product if it's going to have MCT's in it like muscle milk or any type of fat for that matter than eliminate any type of sugar including maltodextrin. Any of the above listed proteins are good options.

But a meal replacement with low gi carbs (no this dosn't mean maltodextrin) would be good. Maybe something w/a 1:1 ratio of carbs to protein with 4 or more grams of fiber. The addition of fats here really isn't necessary as we can always add a scoop of peanut butter if necessary.
What he said

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
def no malodextrin, I find it funny when companies use this as their complex carb source. way too high of Glycemic index for my liking

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I just want the MPI with some kind of flavoring with it. Milk protien Isolate and Micellar casein are the exact same thing.
I don't think this is true......Micellar Casein is derived from MPI. MPI is derived from both casein and skim milk :wave: MC is much more expensive to process but gives a more pure form which gives it a slower absorption. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, but that is what I think to be true.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NO MCT's in the MPI!!. Please!, If you add them I won't buy it damn it!. Add some other kind of fat or no fat at all, just no MCTs. Its just something I don't use on my type of diet, its counter-productive. Thats all I'll say because I don't want to start an aruement or have someone ask, "Why". And they go into a rant about MCTS. Just don't add them or I won't purchase it!. For an energy supplement, I would like to something with 5-dexe-triamine. I've never tried it yet, so thats the only real reason behind that. Other than that with an energy supplement I just want something that will boost my energy smoothly. No jitters, racing heartbeat, nothing like that. It must have the capability to increase my concentration by leaps and bounds. I should be able to say read the bible for 4 straight hours without looking up from the pages and understanding every bit of it. Or I should be able to read a book on Planning & Zoning all the way through with no effort to keep concentrate. All that with a boost of energy that makes me feel like someone just stuck a firecracker up my ass!.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think this is true......Micellar Casein is derived from MPI. MPI is derived from both casein and skim milk :wave: MC is much more expensive to process but gives a more pure form which gives it a slower absorption. Maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, but that is what I think to be true.
From David Tolsens Article on Casein,

Casein is usually found in three forms, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, and milk protein isolate. Calcium caseinate is considered to be lower quality, while micellar casein and the casein in milk protein isolate are identical. This makes milk protein isolate more economical given a choice between the two.

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?ingredients_id=18

djs2000

Awards
Pina Coloda(sp?) would be an interesting flavor

As far as the energy drinks....

If you could do something similar to GO!/Nuerostim, that tasted good and was priced well, I would be interested. Maybe even add a better form of choline, sulbutiamine, and/ or tyramine. However, good luck getting that to taste good. :lol:

P.S. I am thinking about something that starts w/ Peanut and ends w/ Butter. j/k.
;)

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
def no malodextrin, I find it funny when companies use this as their complex carb source. way too high of Glycemic index for my liking
It really pisses me off. The reason they do it though is b/c most people have no idea what maltodextrin is, and don't realize it's just like a sugar. Just another scam supp companies like to pull over on the average guy.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
ok so I think they are saying no MCT but how about some MSG :)

Sixpack

Awards
cookies and cream and graham cracker would be 2 good flavors, and yes whatever u make no malto or MCT's,

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I'll try to help you out Laura, just thinking out loud here...

Meal Replacement Shake: I think the guys above outlined the basics. We want somewhere around a 1:1 ratio of low GI carbs and slow absorbing protein. Something called Rice Oligodextrin and some form of casein (MPI) would be ideal. Sorry to link to one of your competitors, but here is the rice product that has a lot of potential, IMO:

http://proteinfactory.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=377

Another cheap carb source might even be simple ground oats. You could even take it a step further and add a little bit of fiber powder to the mix to create a killer, nutritious MRP. No fats please, I prefer to seperate them from my carbs and it is easy enough to add a spoonful of peanut butter to a shake, as noted above.

Pre/Post Workout Shake: Here's another idea I think has a lot of potential. Every day, I drink grape juice, whey, and add various supplements to the grape juice both pre and post workout. You could make a whey/malto or dextrose mix, again in 1:1 ratio (or make the carbs a bit higher) to be used as a workout shake. Pretty much the opposite of the MRP idea. Fast absorbing carbs for an insulin spike and fast absorbing protein to take advantage of it. Isolate would be another option here for the protein. You could also take it as far as you want and add CEE, taurine, or other common pre and post supplements to the mix. I just wouldn't add anything too expensive- great prices are what made ATW what they are today.

Energy product: They've been done, I don't know how much potential this idea has... you could offer it as an option pre mixed into the pre/post shake formula, that would be kick ass.

Which sparks another idea: Would it be possible to allow the customer to customize their own mixes? This would require some software development and a person to mix each order for you, but you could add a fee to the custom mixed products so our basic whey, etc would remain cheap. With this layout, a person could choose between whey or isolate in their pre/post formula, and micellar casein and MPI in their MRP formula, and alter the ratios and types of carbs to protein in either. Not to mention the ability to add supplements, like CEE, amino acids, or a proprietary energy formula. One could eliminate the need to tediously custom mix powders and tablets every day.

Looks like this turned into a rather long post :b

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I think sticks' idea of a MRP with a slow carb:protein blend of 1:1 and 4+ grams of soluble fiber is a very good one. I would also like to see a whey pre/post workout formulation with at least 5g of supplemental leucine (whey has plenty of the other AAs imo), 3g creatine, and a moderate amount of medium gi carbs.

Edit: The pre/post workout formulation could probably also use some additional bcaas besides leucine (though a lot of leucine is key) and a small amount of dextrose (say 5 grams per serving) in addition to 10-15gs of a slow carb would make it a killer "workout energy drink" which would kick the crap out of gatorade.

For example, 1 serving could have:

33-35g pro (whey, 6-8g leucine, 2g of isoleucine and 2g of valine)
5g dextrose
15-20g of something like that rice oligodextrin
3-5g creatine.

Edit: While I *might* buy that MRP (I like the whole food a lot :) ) I would buy that workout drink for SURE.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU......I have copied all the responses and taken them to the owner. I truly appreciate this help and will keep you posted on what the outcome is.

Did I say Thank You?

Laura

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
late to the party again, as usual....

just to dance around the other comments:
- being lactose-intolerant (even WITH supplemental enzymes), I`stay away from products that have more than 3g of carbs per scoop;
- I like a blend of WPI/WPC/HydroWhey/Casein (most recent was 30/20/20/30);
- I don't like peanut butter, or MCTs;
- I only buy vanilla & chocolate: vanilla, 'cause it mixes well with sugar-free jello (or juice)...and chocolate, 'cause it doesn't.

Back in '98-'99, I was talking to a researcher who was working on *corn* protein isolate; for a variety of reasons (including not going into the supplemental protein business) I never followed up on it, but I'd be very curious to see a profile - and even a product using it.

wheystation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
late to the party again, as usual....

just to dance around the other comments:
- being lactose-intolerant (even WITH supplemental enzymes), I stay away from products that have more than 3g of carbs per scoop;
- I like a blend of WPI/WPC/HydroWhey/Casein (most recent was 30/20/20/30);
- I don't like peanut butter, or MCTs;
- I only buy vanilla & chocolate: vanilla, 'cause it mixes well with sugar-free jello (or juice)...and chocolate, 'cause it doesn't.

Back in '98-'99, I was talking to a researcher who was working on *corn* protein isolate; for a variety of reasons (including not going into the supplemental protein business) I never followed up on it, but I'd be very curious to see a profile - and even a product using it.
Late - but I got it in to the Owner - thanks so much for taking the time. Laura