Anyone got a good workout routine for the road?

snrub

Awards
Ill be in a hotel 4 days a week and the fifth day I'll be driving home. I have TRX bands and a pull up bar. Sometimes the hotels have gyms which is nice. I do have jym stoppanis work outbands. But bah I don't really like using them. I've been doing the 4 day power muscle burn split and am loving it. But that's going to stop.

If anyone could link or do a write up of a program that mimics the 4 day power muscle burn split with the use of a pull up bar Trx bands, jym bands, and body weight exercises that would be awesome.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
why not just find a local gym? I travel for a living and never have any issue (and i spend the majority of my time in very small/rural towns...)

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was just in Orlando for 4 days and had no problem finding local gyms all over the place. Just use google and google maps

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Or just enjoy yourself for 4 days. The gyms not going anywhere and muscle don't disappear over night

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If that's every week then get a membership at planet fitness because they're in every town across the US, it's a compromise vs metroflex or similar for sure, but they're the most common.

Being a touring musician, or a trucker, or salesman... planet fitness is going to be indispensable unless you're 300lbs and massively strong. Even then it's got enough accessory lifts you can try to load up on so when you get back to your good gym you can push harder on the big three lifts etc.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If that's every week then get a membership at planet fitness because they're in every town across the US, it's a compromise vs metroflex or similar for sure, but they're the most common.

Being a touring musician, or a trucker, or salesman... planet fitness is going to be indispensable unless you're 300lbs and massively strong. Even then it's got enough accessory lifts you can try to load up on so when you get back to your good gym you can push harder on the big three lifts etc.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I travel overseas one week per month. Hotel gyms usually have no more than 45-50lb dumbbells. and that 4 station cable setup-bench, pull downs, rows, flys.

I do 100rep front squats with the heaviest dumbbells. It is intense if done non-stop. Then the usual routines which wear one out the most. Standing overhead press to exhaustion with DBs. same with flys, curls, forward raises, lateral raises, rear deltoids/pull overs/gator rows, bent over tricep extension, all the usual isolation stuff etc. On the 4station I do all to exhaustion at the heaviest weight except I avoid the pec deck/fly machine. Not worth the stress on the shoulders as they tend to have limited adjust-ability. If dumbbells are light then there is the burpee+push up+ right/left jamb combo to exhaustion. Everyplace has cardio equipment.

If there is a DB rack select the heaviest pair and do front squats to failure. No rest. that will do it.

If there is no gym. Then burpees and I see you have a pull up rack. That is one of the best exercises.

I was in one place with no gym. Thought about doing pushups and burpees in the room. Then decided to F-that. Went out to enjoy the nightlife. Sometimes just ok to have a good time and not worry about it.

Well in short. I get a workout in. It is not like going full bore in the gym. Helps keep the body accustomed to some tension.