shoulder & db press

Exercise123

Awards
My left shoulder keeps popping out when I lower the dumbbells to my chest or even lower (while doing dumbbell chest press). Well, I think that’s what the sound and feeling is. I'm using light weights as I'm re-entering the lifting scene and even with light weights I feel my shoulder popping out. I never had this problem before during the year that I consistently trained. Should I be stopping before I feel this in my shoulder? Work through it? Anyone else experience similar?

iron fists

Awards
try arnold presses..they may be easier..or maybe try not to break 90 degrees with your elbows on the decline.

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
try arnold presses..they may be easier..or maybe try not to break 90 degrees with your elbows on the decline.
Not sure about the arnold presses being better, but your upper arms should be parallel with the floor at the bottom of your rep. Passing that point normally does cause popping & discomfort for me.

Gavin9

Awards
might want to consult with a doctor just to be safe especially if it hurts or is discoverable.

sociable1231

Awards
I think you should definitely consult your doc first. There's no point being able to do the light weights and then have your shoulders crumble when you lift heavier. You spend more time out and your efforts will have gone to waste.