muscle tech is fucked up with unlabled phs in a lawsuit

Machina

Awards
thank **g never tried this thing before , it is all just ****!! LOL

check out this link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?threadid=176372

Why the hell do fucking morons do that?

Posting a link to ANOTHER thread, on a totally different SITE, instead of just fucking linking the article directly?

Are you too stupid to do anything more than copy your address bar? Is outlining http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6678859 and posting THAT so hard?

God I love morons like this, they link a story on 10 different boards all pointing to one site... that points to the actual information.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Calm down bro. If you see a problem with this, then fine, but it can be said in a nicer way.

Thanks

BMZ

Awards
as much as I don't like MuscleTech.......
I don't buy it........
I think he's trying to blame his AS use on MuscleTech so he can save his own ass.........

but why would a supplement company list nandrolone as an ingredient in their protein powder......? Nandrolone is illegal......even if it was in there they wouldn't include it on the label.......this is all BS, he's blaming somebody else for his testing positive for gear.

elijah_123

Awards
BMZ he is saying they DIDN'T list ph's that metabolise into nandrolone, and lab tests have confirmed it.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they put it in there on purpose... they probably use the same vats to mix everything, and if the cleaning job isn't 100% there can be residuals of whatever was made (prohormones in this case) in the vat when they make up the protien powder.

ManBeast

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
Blaze, I think you put this in the right light, but I think another point should be added.

Maybe sicosico, just wanted us to read the thread and comments that have already been made on it before we give our own input on the subject. Consideration of such a concept would be apprciated if not required before going on an imature rant.

On another, more related note, I've always considered MuscleTech a company that is more concerned with advertising than quality product. This is basically confirmed in their inability to at the least properly clean their vats, and at the worst add Ph's to their mixes to influence results. Such ignorance/deception should not be tolerated in an industry and business that affects people legitimatly concerned with their diet and physical well being.

cm5

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
I agree with BMZ.

Cloud is trying to pull a rabbit out of his hat, but it seems more like it's coming out of his ass.

He got caught using steroids and now he's found the perfect scapegoat.

It all seriousness, the extremely minor amounts of Nor-dione that were mixed in with the protein powder probably wouldn't result in a negative steroid test.

I bet for every 30g of protein theres like 0.25mg of nor-dione

destro19

destro19

Awards
I agree with BMZ.

Cloud is trying to pull a rabbit out of his hat, but it seems more like it's coming out of his ass.

It all seriousness, the extremely minor amounts of Nor-dione that were mixed in with the protein powder probably wouldn't result in a negative steroid test.

True
was it said that they tested HIS nitrotrash or was it a fresh one bought from a store. Once the seal is broken YOU can add whatever you want to the mix. If they tested his then there gonna have a hell of a time finding another bucket with it in it. I was talking to a guy who plays football at my school and he said he was nervous when he got tested, because he was taking Nitrotrash, and he tested just fine. Cloud needs to man up. He would get more respect if he just said "I did it, and I'm sorry."

Machina

Awards
Well before I'll jump to conclusions about the validity of Cloud's theory, I'm going to wait and see Muscle-Tech's response to the allegations. At this point I'd probably give MT the benefit of the doubt if they call "bullshit".

But then again.... they wouldn't be the first supplement company to take advantage of the voluntary nature of supplement ingredient disclosure.

Nitro-tech is SOOOO over advertised, and knowing that those ads pull in 1000's of random customers, I can't believe this is the only incident if this is true.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
maybe their claims of being 2100% better than regular protein are actually vaid :D :D :D

elijah_123

Awards

True
was it said that they tested HIS nitrotrash or was it a fresh one bought from a store. Once the seal is broken YOU can add whatever you want to the mix. If they tested his then there gonna have a hell of a time finding another bucket with it in it. I was talking to a guy who plays football at my school and he said he was nervous when he got tested, because he was taking Nitrotrash, and he tested just fine. Cloud needs to man up. He would get more respect if he just said "I did it, and I'm sorry."
Did you read the article? Apperantly they have proof that other bottles had the same problem.

According to Cloud's suit, this is not the first time Nitro-Tech has caused a professional athlete to test positive for anabolic steroids. The suit says independent laboratory tests of multiple bottles also revealed the presence of the two steroid precursors.

And it never says they tested His protein just that they tested some nitrotech.

Here is the whole article
Patriots running back Mike Cloud has found little solace since being suspended by the NFL for testing positive under the league's policy on anabolic steroids. Heading into free agency, he found himself with minimal suitors, considering a potential buyer was forced to beware of his four-game ban.

But now, Cloud finally has a vehicle to fight back in order to salvage a piece of his reputation and some of the money he was forced to surrender.

Mike Cloud used a chocolate protein powder that had an illegal steroid, which wasn't on the label.(Getty Images)
Cloud's agent Jon Feinsod told SportsLine.com that his client this week filed a lawsuit against MuscleTech, the supplement company that produced the product that caused his positive test.

The former Boston College star's unfortunate situation began when he took a basic chocolate-flavored protein powder while with the Chiefs, then subsequently tested positive for metabolites of the steroid nandrolone. Nothing regarding nandrolone appeared on the label that would so much as hint at such an addition to the ingredients.

The league tested the product and found it to be the culprit and confirmed it appeared to be an innocent mistake. But the NFL has a zero-tolerance policy that has helped clean up the league from illegal steroids, and Cloud was nevertheless hit with a four-game suspension without pay.

Making matters worse, Cloud hit the open market with this stigma and was forced to inform any interested buyer of the ban before signing. Every team originally interested took their business elsewhere.

Instead of cashing in with a decent deal that could have been loaded with incentives, or a decent bonus, Cloud could only muster a league-minimum deal from the Patriots.

"The problem is that people will look at me and think I'm a cheater or say, 'There goes the steroid user,'" Cloud said at the time. "That's all they'll know about me when they hear my name, and it isn't true. That's going to be very difficult to change that image on my reputation."

At the time, several readers e-mailed SportsLine.com asking for the name of the product in order to prevent their kids or themselves from making a similar mistake. The name of the product was withheld in case Cloud decided to sue the company. But with the suit now filed, the name can be revealed.

The product is Nitro-Tech, a protein powder displayed prominently on several vitamin/supplement stores visited for this story.

According to the suit, laboratory analysis of the Nitro-Tech revealed it contained norandrostenedione and androstenediol, compounds that would produce a positive test for metabolites of nandrolone.

Cloud's lawsuit claims MuscleTech failed to disclose the addition of these substances on the product label.

According to the FDA'S official website, it is the sole responsibility of the supplement company to properly label its products. Cloud's story only helps solidify the argument the government needs to make it unlawful to mislabel products.

According to Cloud's suit, this is not the first time Nitro-Tech has caused a professional athlete to test positive for anabolic steroids. The suit says independent laboratory tests of multiple bottles also revealed the presence of the two steroid precursors.

Calls to two numbers for MuscleTech provided to SportsLine were not answered.

The NFL did not pre-warn Cloud and insists it cannot red flag products because of legal issues, especially if some products actually turn out not to be the culprits.

"I'm hoping that this lawsuit will accomplish several goals," Cloud said. "First, to vindicate my name and to hold MuscleTech responsible for its mistakes, and hopefully to prevent other athletes from having their reputations and careers harmed in this fashion."

The suit was filed in Cloud's home state of Rhode Island, the state where the product was purchased. Feinsod and Cloud's attorneys in this matter are expected to make a widespread announcement of the suit this week.

Cloud is eligible for reinstatement this week, but he will not play; he tore his calf in early training camp.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6678859

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
lets say there's 1000g of protein (1 kilo or 2.2 lbs) in a nitro-tech tub. For every 30g of protein there's like 0.25mg of nor-dione.

So there would be like 8.3g of nor-dione in a whole tub of nitro-tech. This spread over like a month... hehe.

All those idiots who are now saying "now I know why nitro-tech gave me acne." or "OMG now I know why I made such great gains off nitro-tech" on bb.com are just complete fucking morons.

I was doing a VERY ROUGH estimate with my math, but it's probably not too far off. Even if it was 50g spread over a month, you would not notice ANY positive or negative effects from it.

and I doubt it was contaminated with as much as 50g of nor-dione.

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
1. Why was a professional athelete (someone who's job it is to take care of and know about thier body) taking such a crappy overadvertised product as Nitro Crap? Honestly, with all the advisors and professional trainers these guys have they can't get any better advice than taking Nitro Crap? anyone who has been on these boards for more than a week knows better.

2. Oh darn, he had to make the league minimum. Last time I checked that was around a quater mill a year. Too bad, I really feel for him

:rolleyes:

I know that doesn't have much to do with questioning MuscleTech's reliability, but I threw that question out a long time ago.

cm5

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
A quarter mill a year is the league minimum?

I hate football players, lol.:saw:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
2. Oh darn, he had to make the league minimum. Last time I checked that was around a quater mill a year. Too bad, I really feel for him
cm5
That's just for rookies, veterans (minimum 4years) have about $400,000 minimum

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
I agree with BMZ.

Man , this isn't the first time it happened with muscle tech , check this out :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?threadid=15532&highlight=olympic+muscletech

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
This is the reason that PA and the rest of the USFA weren't trying to save NorDiol. It was because if companies that use the same facility as PH/PS's are manufactured, the trace amounts of the NorDiol would show up in the other products, and to enough extent that it would cause false positives during drug testing, in this case it was Nandrolone that was showing up. So yes, if he is arguing this, it could be very well true, and I feel for him. Muscletech needs to inform consumers by having that info printed on their bottle, it wasn't his fault.

And to thetom, again, yes that small amount will yield false-positives.