Protein Causing BO? Recommend a different protein

jrm

jrm

Awards
Hello folks! Was hoping I could get some input on some other proteins to test. I have been using ON's Procomplex and mixing it with ON's Casein since I can remember (was on ON 100% Whey before that). Over the past six or so months I've picked up a strange odor from my armpits. I've stopped all supps and started adding them back this Sunday with my protein and PAL Incarnate. I'm told it can't be Incarnate so I'm guessing it's my protein and want to try something else.

I was hoping I could get some recommendation for either a whey product and a casein product, or a blend of both. I really would appreciate some suggestions and not just an order to go search.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Cytosport's Complete Whey Protein. 10lbs for $46

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Isopure Whey, Im never too happy of cheap protien. I can't handle them. (acnemania) Isopure is the only protien that I love and im sensitive as hell from whey, muscle milk, and other things just dont cut it.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Isopure Whey, Im never too happy of cheap protien. I can't handle them. (acnemania) Isopure is the only protien that I love and im sensitive as hell from whey, muscle milk, and other things just dont cut it.
I had that 7 pounder of isopure vanilla, it was so freaking salty. Luckily I did not pay full price.

jrm

jrm

Awards
I'm not sure I can swing for Isopure's pricing, but have wanted to try it. Please keep them coming.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I had that 7 pounder of isopure vanilla, it was so freaking salty. Luckily I did not pay full price.
im talking about the fruit punch flavors that come in 3 pound sizes. Those make the PERFECT post workout shake. Add in 10 heaping teaspoons of dextrose and you got yourself a cheat protien PWO shake.:afro:

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure I can swing for Isopure's pricing, but have wanted to try it. Please keep them coming.
Ooh yeah, try True Protein, and create your own blend. There are plenty of discount codes that members have that can help you save 5-10% on your order, I can offer you my code if you plan to make a purchase.
I have tried Cytosport Complete Whey, its pretty good but when I use it with water only, it is somewhat bland. But a good value all around. The protein shake made by ABB is pretty good, chocolate malt mmmm.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
im talking about the fruit punch flavors that come in 3 pound sizes. Those make the PERFECT post workout shake. Add in 10 heaping teaspoons of dextrose and you got yourself a cheat protien PWO shake.:afro:
My mistake :D
But I will still stand by on how salty it is on the 7 pounder vanilla.

Ryan Leal

Ryan Leal

Awards
Your protein is causing BO! Im not trying to be a jerk but i seriously doubt its your protein...instead of switching your protein try switching your deordorant (i prefer AXE Dry)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Your protein is causing BO! Im not trying to be a jerk but i seriously doubt its your protein...instead of switching your protein try switching your deordorant (i prefer AXE Dry)
It could be. It depends on how youre eating and training too. Any chemicals will affect overall. I for some reason dont smell when i sweat but i sweat alot. I ask people all the time(friends) and they say i dont smell. I ask fmaily before too. I sweat like a MoFo....it doesnt discolor my tshirts either. Weird i guess... I use Muscle Milk. I want to try EAS casue its cheap, people get it at Sams Club.

I do notice a very slight increase in acne on MM too. As my friend used to use protein and he had increase in acne.

jrm

jrm

Awards
It's not deodorant related, but thank you.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Innovations protein or Oryx Goat Whey. I love goat whey because most of it is predigested and resembles human milk much more than whey from cows. Oryx vanilla and chocolate taste awesome. Nutraplanet started carrying them. Anabolic Innovations whey isolate tastes good and is very cost efficient and IMO the better or best (good as any other isolate) isolate available.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
trueprotein.com
Guarenteed to be B.O. Free or your money back

:thumbsup:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ditto. Stuff mixes and tastes awesome, not to mention the price.

I tried the Cocoa flavored one. Didn't mix well at all and tasted like crap!. I don't know where you guys are getting $10 for $46 though, thats a steal no mater how bad it mixes or tastes!. Cheapest I found was $59 for 10 pounds

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
I tried the Cocoa flavored one. Didn't mix well at all and tasted like crap!. I don't know where you guys are getting $10 for $46 though, thats a steal no mater how bad it mixes or tastes!. Cheapest I found was $59 for 10 pounds

it went up to 50 now

you have to buy 2 5lb containers for $25 a piece

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Open up the peanut butter protein by Anabolic Innovations and it makes you want to stick your hands in the bag and gobble it up!

jrm

jrm

Awards
I'm still experimenting but I think it might've been the casein causing the stench.

MESSPLAY

MESSPLAY

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know if any chocolatey variant of isopure is any good?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Why blow money on Isopure? Anabolic Innovations whey isolate is just as good as far as quality, the taste is so much better, and it's so much cheaper!

bman

Awards
Probably not your protein causing B.O.. It was your body reacting to another supplement. B.O. can also be caused by artificial sweeteners or medications. Toxic substances that build up will cause acne, constipation, yellow pee and b.O.. The skin is the biggest organ in your body. Once your body gets rid of it you will normalize.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The ingestion of different compounds over time produces interactions of these compounds in very subtle metabolic processes. These interactions can trigger subtle "side effects" with cumulative results. These can manifest themselves in the form of body odour. The outcomes are not the same for every individual, even if they had consumed the same agents for the same amount of time.
Sometimes, we fail to realize that body odour is an important indicator and mirror of the overall state and quality of our dietary habits and health. I read somewhere once, that some dogs are specially trained to smell cancer in our breath! The same dogs are even able to smell bladder cancer in urine!

Some experts suggest that we do a so-called 48-Hour Deodorant Abstinence Test. During this period, we should refrain from the use of any deodorants. If after this time peiod we are unable to bear our own body odour, then we have a clear indication that something is very wrong with our dietary habits and lifestyle.

If you are unhappy with your body odour and are tired of masking it with a deodorant, try changing your dietary habits. The best agents for reducing body odour, by the way, include chlorella, parsley, and the spice cilantro. For cleaning the blood of toxins, chlorophyll is hard to beat. Chlorophyll is, as you know, one of the best compounds for arresting bad breath.