Elderberry to boost Immune System

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going through my 3rd flu in 6months and now I am thinking about taking some supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone hear use Elderberry and did it help you? Is there anything else I need to look at?

Please suggest. Juar hate falling sick and out of gym.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Going through my 3rd flu in 6months and now I am thinking about taking some supplement to boost my immune system. Anyone hear use Elderberry and did it help you? Is there anything else I need to look at?

I had it 2-3 last year, before that not for years.

Normally I take C, Zinc and Probotics daily and its enough.

Garlic/Ginger is great too.

These are cheap, and can be used daily.

I'm afraid if you're already sick, nothing seems to help much.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had it 2-3 last year, before that not for years.

Normally I take C, Zinc and Probotics daily and its enough.

Garlic/Ginger is great too.

These are cheap, and can be used daily.

I'm afraid if you're already sick, nothing seems to help much.
I know.. but I read it is a very effective staple to boost your immune system. A 30day supply is about $20 for me here.

What’s your dosage on things mentioned above?

Ase_james

Awards

Its a great anti viral, which is a big help since damn near everything is viral including the flu.
Not something i take for long periods of time though.

That with zinc, vit c at different times and probiotics will make a difference

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its a great anti viral, which is a big help since damn near everything is viral including the flu.
Not something i take for long periods of time though.

That with zinc, vit c at different times and probiotics will make a difference
Why can it not be a staple? And which is more effective; Elderberry or VIT C, Zinc and Probiotics?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Elderberry is a staple in our house during school season.. None of us hardly ever get sick. It's full of vitamin c also. It also tastes great!

Ase_james

Awards
Why can it not be a staple? And which is more effective; Elderberry or VIT C, Zinc and Probiotics?
Elderberry is best against viral infection, vit c, zinc and probiotics are immune system builders.
From what i understand, using a small amount of elderberry throughout the flew season is good and bump it up when you feel it coming on. But if you use it year round, like anything, your body will adapt.

Islander73

Awards
Mushrooms- button, shiitake etc. Eat at least 100g. Per day. Zinc helps alot as well.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just used elderberry (liquid natures way sambucus) and it helped me get over a terrible flu incredibly quick. Highly recommend. I use gut health (probiotic) and zinc regularly which helps keep your immune system strong but I feel Elderberry is good when you’re already sick and want to fight it quickly. I take it before bed and sweat like a mad man while sleeping. It sux but it knocks it out quick

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to take ester C daily to help boost immunity. Now I just take Orange Triad which has a pretty good line up in terms of immunity support.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use to take ester C daily to help boost immunity. Now I just take Orange Triad which has a pretty good line up in terms of immunity support.
I have been on OT before and now on Anavite. But didn’t notice any immunity boost.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Elderberry should be ok to boost immune system
Lysine works well
Also berberine should have some positive effects in addition to being GDA

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 Trademarks with clinical studies:
EpiCor
AHCC
Wellmune

Vitamin D, Probiotics, Vitamin C, Zinc

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
OREGANO OIL!!!! Look it up...the sh-it is awesome.