Lean/ Cutting

Aging Warrior

Aging Warrior

Awards
Looking for opinions on good supplements /stacks to lean out & get good muscle definition

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No supplement does that unless your diet is in check
What does your diet look like?
how much of a caloric deficit are you in?
How much cardio are you doing?
How long have you been dieting?

You can stack X Y and Z but that does not mean you will lean out.
Muscle Definition comes from making sure you have enough muscle mass before dieting down. Many people who diet down that dont have muscle mass get a skinny fat look due to this.

So before you go buying a lot of money in supplement. How good is your diet? How long have you been dieting, and what is your caloric deficit?

If Cutting Read the following:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-1.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-2.html/

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weight-fat-loss-part-1.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-fundamentals-of-fat-loss-diets-part-2.html/

Then from there you can go and customize a stack.

Some great options
Forskolin 95 (50-100mg a day)
.02mg/kg Yohimbine HCL (Upon waking) to help with stubborn Fat

Those are 2 get bulk options you can look into.
Then you could look into a stimmed fat burner. I personally really like Olympus Labs Ignit3 which gives incredible energy and has a good fatloss formula

Many others like a non-stim Shift + Norco Option(Stimmed)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This^

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The solution hit it spot on. If you can't lean out right now, supplements won't do it for you. You need to make sure you have your diet and training in check. Diet is very key. 90% of people (or more) claim to know this but never utilize that knowledge. I will suggest some supplements to you, but I do also want to see your diet and training routine and make sure that's set for your goals that you want to accomplish. That being said...

Forskolin 95 (as solution mentioned) aids in fat loss while maintaining muscle mass. You can purchase this in bulk or find a fat burner or muscle building supplement that has it in the formula already. Here are two examples...

Fat burner - OxyMax XT - 2 of my favorite ingredients in here forskolin (already talked about it above) and Amentoflavone which causes vasodilation and can increase fat loss.

Anabeta Elite - great muscle builder that contains forskolin as well. Anabeta Elite is used for many goals because it is very versatile. Can be used for cutting or bulking.

AlphaMax XT - one of the most common test boosters on the market. It will keep estrogen at bay (but not kill it) which is important for a few reasons. 1) you don't want to kill estrogen. Many people thing the less estrogen the better but that's 100% false. And remember, this is only one reason for not completely shutting down estrogen It plays a role in libido. I'm not sure if you have ever used a product that reduces estrogen, but sometimes it can work "too good" and your libido will suffer. AlphaMax XT does not do this. Yes it does help control estrogen, but not the point where it should hurt your libido. Everybody reacts different to products so this isn't 100%, but the majority of people see a libido increase. The other benefit of not having high estrogen is body composition. AlphaMax XT also contains forskolin. Anabeta Elite + AlphaMax XT is becoming a very popular stack. If you have not used one before, I do not suggest taking both. See how you like one or the other first before stacking them.

These are just a few products. I can go on and on with what I've used and how I like it. If you have any questions on specific products you are looking to try, feel free to PM me (or any of us for that matter) or simply post on here.

I look forward to seeing your diet and training so we can critique it and get you going on the right path :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While I wait for your response, I suggest looking up HIIT for cardio. Let me know what you think.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The solution has you covered. Check out his links and read up and you should be good to go.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
No supplement does that unless your diet is in check
What does your diet look like?
how much of a caloric deficit are you in?
How much cardio are you doing?
How long have you been dieting?

You can stack X Y and Z but that does not mean you will lean out.
Muscle Definition comes from making sure you have enough muscle mass before dieting down. Many people who diet down that dont have muscle mass get a skinny fat look due to this.

So before you go buying a lot of money in supplement. How good is your diet? How long have you been dieting, and what is your caloric deficit?

If Cutting Read the following:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-1.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weightfat-loss-part-2.html/

I highly suggest you read here regarding your diet:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/exercise-and-weight-fat-loss-part-1.html/
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-fundamentals-of-fat-loss-diets-part-2.html/

Then from there you can go and customize a stack.

Some great options
Forskolin 95 (50-100mg a day)
.02mg/kg Yohimbine HCL (Upon waking) to help with stubborn Fat

Those are 2 get bulk options you can look into.
Then you could look into a stimmed fat burner. I personally really like Olympus Labs Ignit3 which gives incredible energy and has a good fatloss formula

Many others like a non-stim Shift + Norco Option(Stimmed)
Great!!!

My favorite stack this summer:
ignit3 + follidrone2

next time I will do;
ignit3+ follidrone2 + shift + test1fy cps

Aging Warrior

Aging Warrior

Awards
Thanks, I'm currently getting over a knee strain, elbow issue.
In about 2 weeks I ease back into excersice.
My maintenance is around 2200 Cal. I work construction, but since I'm a supervisor some days I do a lot of paperwork or checking on crew. I typically adjust slightly for how strenuous my work load is.
I can get pretty fit, decent definition but never quite to what I want. But I sure appreciate all advice & will make any /all adjustments necessary. Regardless of how small

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, I'm currently getting over a knee strain, elbow issue.
In about 2 weeks I ease back into excersice.
My maintenance is around 2200 Cal. I work construction, but since I'm a supervisor some days I do a lot of paperwork or checking on crew. I typically adjust slightly for how strenuous my work load is.
I can get pretty fit, decent definition but never quite to what I want. But I sure appreciate all advice & will make any /all adjustments necessary. Regardless of how small
If 2200 calories isn't doing it for you, I like to drop it by 100-200 calories and go from there and see how I feel and what I see. What is your training routine like?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If 2200 calories isn't doing it for you, I like to drop it by 100-200 calories and go from there and see how I feel and what I see. What is your training routine like?
That is his maintaince.
He said he works construction so his expenditure is much higher. Meaning he probably intakes a bit more due to the amount of NEAT he has (non exercise physical activity)
He never gave us what he intakes,
what his macros are (P/C/F).
How much cardio he is doing

Without knowing all the factors its almost impossible to point him in the right direction, how much he is losing ATM and the kcals he is on.
Is he refeeding or taking cheat meals weekly...

etc.

Aging Warrior

Aging Warrior

Awards
I'm was lifting heavy, 3-5 rep range. Mostly the basic compound lifts. Always in the morning

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm was lifting heavy, 3-5 rep range. Mostly the basic compound lifts. Always in the morning
No cardio? Like solution said, what are your macros?

I suggest reading the links solution posted to get you started. And get a food scale.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I suggest reading the links solution posted to get you started. And get a food scale.
This. Check out those links, and start working in cardio after you lift. HIIT can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Without knowing your macros and specific training regimen, I would state generally...

1. Make sure you're tracking cals/macros so you know what adjustments to make. There are all sorts of free phone apps to make this easy and convenient.
2. Add cardio, preferably HIIT. I can burn ~200+ calories in 20 minutes of HIIT and it makes me feel amazing for the rest of my morning, even better than lifting alone.
3. Add an intelligently designed fat-burner with Yohimbine prior to your workout. When taken fasted and followed with exercise, a product like Olympus Labs Ignit3, or if you prefer a powdered/flavored fat burner, BloodShr3d Raw, will help to target and liberate stubborn fat stores. To reiterate what others have said, however, don't bother with supplements until you have your diet and training really dialed in.

Aging Warrior

Aging Warrior

Awards
This. Check out those links, and start working in cardio after you lift. HIIT can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. Without knowing your macros and specific training regimen, I would state generally...

1. Make sure you're tracking cals/macros so you know what adjustments to make. There are all sorts of free phone apps to make this easy and convenient.
2. Add cardio, preferably HIIT. I can burn ~200+ calories in 20 minutes of HIIT and it makes me feel amazing for the rest of my morning, even better than lifting alone.
3. Add an intelligently designed fat-burner with Yohimbine prior to your workout. When taken fasted and followed with exercise, a product like Olympus Labs Ignit3, or if you prefer a powdered/flavored fat burner, BloodShr3d, will help to target and liberate stubborn fat stores. To reiterate what others have said, however, don't bother with supplements until you have your diet and training really dialed in.
Thanks, I do use 'my fitness pal' to Track.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That is his maintaince.
He said he works construction so his expenditure is much higher. Meaning he probably intakes a bit more due to the amount of NEAT he has (non exercise physical activity)
He never gave us what he intakes,
what his macros are (P/C/F).
How much cardio he is doing

Without knowing all the factors its almost impossible to point him in the right direction, how much he is losing ATM and the kcals he is on.
Is he refeeding or taking cheat meals weekly...

etc.

Still waiting the most important factors.
Without them this thread is useless.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Macros What are they on workout days, non workout days, and are you refeeding or taking cheat meals?
Cardio How much HIIT or LISS?
How much are you losing?
how long have you been dieting?
How many times have you stalled?

All of these are important.

Drobboz

Awards
Take fat burners before you train, this tricks your body into burning fat straight away instead of burning your carbs 1st for 30 min, this is the only short cut

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Take fat burners before you train, this tricks your body into burning fat straight away instead of burning your carbs 1st for 30 min, this is the only short cut
Strong 1st post. Welcome to the forum!

While taking certain fat-burning ingredients before you train can be a great idea, simply taking any fat burner before you train will not always "trick" your body into utilizing fat as an energy source.

One of the best ways to make sure you achieve this is as follows:
1. You need to be in a fasted state.
2. The fat-burner needs to contain an effective dose of an alpha-2 adrenergic receptor antagonist such as Rauwolscine.

If you ingest an efficacious dose of, say, Rauwolscine, in a completely fasted state and then train, then you will increase lipolysis and lipid oxidation, thus "burning" fat for energy. If the fat burner is simply some CLA/green-tea/caffeine product...you won't achieve the aforementioned benefits in any significant fashion.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Ign1te/bloodshr3d + forslean= ripped. Add in Sup3r shred and get Sup3r shr3dded.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ign1te/bloodshr3d + forslean= ripped. Add in Sup3r shred and get Sup3r shr3dded.
Agreed! Well said. Cutting season is approaching. Between Ignit3, BloodShr3d, Sup3r-Shred, Sup3r-7, and Assass1nate, there will be no excuses for not being ripp3d and shr3dded for beach season!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If the fat burner is simply some .../green-tea/caffeine product...you won't achieve the aforementioned benefits in any significant fashion.
Actually, Caffeine and EGCG are a lot more proven (EGCG for overweight people - not 'leanish' - just published research) than Rauwolscine (IIRC there is zero Rauwolscine research in people for fat loss - just some supposition drawn from Yohimbine). AAMF, if you look up all Yohimbine related research re: "fat loss", there are more that say it doesn't work, than the one (iirc) that says it does (soccer players).

Dukethumper

Awards
  • Established
Agreed! Well said. Cutting season is approaching. Between Ignit3, BloodShr3d, Sup3r-Shred, Sup3r-7, and Assass1nate, there will be no excuses for not being ripp3d and shr3dded for beach season!
How would you stack them?
I was thinking Assass1Bata plus Ign1te plus Follidrone 2? Should I use Sup3 Shr3d or Bloodshr3d? I'm using Transparent Labs Lean PWO, and either Vein Aorta or Endur3+ intra