Deprenyl kills my sex drive...why is it ?

Chip Douglas

Awards
Hi all,

I know that some on here are very knowledgeable about various chemicals, interractions etc...

Here's my case history : 33 years old male (just turned 33), whose sex drive used to be through the roof, well that was 6 years ago already ! I've never used steroids, yet have a mild case of CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia), where my DHEA and total T are already above the normal range, as evaluated by an endocrinolist friend of mine (he lives in California, and I'm in Canada, but we've known each other for years, so he told me which test to run and i sent him the results through email). He told me that excess DHEA and/or androgens overstimulate the limbic system (thalamus, hypothalamus, amygdala), and that this is one potential cause for the lack of sex drive I'Ve experienced for years.

I decided that I'd try Deprenyl hydrochloride (Jumex) as many claim it to be quite a powerful sex drive boosters (in my case I'm not even talking of boosting it since it's already almost dead). So I've been on it for a week so far at 2.5/5 Mg /day, and so far not much, except perhaps for two times where I did feel something very pleasant in the sex drive department, but it only peaked for 10 minutes then it was gone.

I've noticed that B6 helps-could there be a link with excess prolactin ? I know that orgasm induce Prolactin release, and I've had like ALOT of oragasm over the course of many many years.....at times 8 times/day.

I'Ve given some deprenyl to my GF and she goes wild on it, but as far as im concerned when im on it my sex drive is really not much present and at times, it totally kills it , if not most of the time

I was under the impression that since deprenyl can increase dhea, perhaps this furthers aggravates my issue of excess DHEA.....too much is just not enough I guess. Or perhaps it could be too much adrenaline as it appear to increase pretty much all of the catecholamines (am I right here, as I say this from memory).

I'd greatly appreciate help as I really need it, I'm almost desperate, and this lack of sex drive sure is a killjoy.

Thanks
Marc

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't sound like deprenyl is killing your sex drive bro, sounds like it was dead to begin with. I'd talk to your endocrinologist friend about further options, there are a LOT of reasons your sex drive might be ****, and some of them are psychological rather than physiological. We're not really the place to turn to answer a question like this...

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with this matter Chip. Well stated Ex.

Chip Douglas

Awards
Doesn't sound like deprenyl is killing your sex drive bro, sounds like it was dead to begin with. I'd talk to your endocrinologist friend about further options, there are a LOT of reasons your sex drive might be ****, and some of them are psychological rather than physiological. We're not really the place to turn to answer a question like this...
Correct, it was already dead to begin with, but what little was left of it, Deprenyl made it worse. I've found out why it was low. I bought this book *the edge effect* by Dr. Eric Braverman, and there's in it what's called the *Braverman nature test*. It'd be quite a lenghty post to detail it all, yet what I know first hand is I was deficient in GABA. Brain GABA acts a a brake, and although inhibitory, it also acts towards regulating or balancing excitatory neurotransmitters (dopamine, acetycholine etc...). I'm DA dominant, and my most severe deficiency in brain chemicals is GABA. to make a long story short Deprenyl further worsened an already very low sex drive, by slowing the breakdodwn of DA, which I already produce in large amount.....GABA restores the sex drive. I have high DHEA, and Total testosterone (don't know about FT). It is known that too much androgens will kill one's sex drive, just as too little will do the same. Excess androgens overstimulate the limbic system, and too much activity in this last is known to be one of the many cause for depression. Well brain biochemistry as well as the neuroendocrine functions are both fascinating and highly complicated subjects. I'm a big fan of the following sentence : knowledge is power !

jamsrk

Awards
dhea and gaba

dhea blocks gaba activity and can become estrogen which also adversely sex drive