Str3ngth (Laxogen) causing high blood pressure and other problems?

AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
Ive been using olympus labs str3nth for about 6 weeks now and plan on finishing my 2nd bottle. First id like to say the product absolutely works and im thoroughly impressed with str3ngth. My strength in the gym has went through the roof, but there are some issues for me personally with this product. I went to the doctor yesterday to get a standard check up and my doctor was startled with my bp reading. It was 150/80 which is alarming considering my bp is always good. Along with that my chest has been extremely tight at times and ive experienced some mild chest pains. Along with this I feel a little off. I dont really know how to describe it but I just do not feel like myself. Also I dont know if im just being lazy or not but I feel very lethargic lately and my libido is completely shot. Im dosing this product at 5 caps per day which comes out to 125mg. Keep in mind im 6'2 215 lbs. Anyways I want some opinions on this. Have others experienced these issues? I love the strength gains but if this product is harming my health then im going to stop taking it.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been using olympus labs str3nth for about 6 weeks now and plan on finishing my 2nd bottle. First id like to say the product absolutely works and im thoroughly impressed with str3ngth. My strength in the gym has went through the roof, but there are some issues for me personally with this product. I went to the doctor yesterday to get a standard check up and my doctor was startled with my bp reading. It was 150/80 which is alarming considering my bp is always good. Along with that my chest has been extremely tight at times and ive experienced some mild chest pains. Along with this I feel a little off. I dont really know how to describe it but I just do not feel like myself. Also I dont know if im just being lazy or not but I feel very lethargic lately and my libido is completely shot. Im dosing this product at 5 caps per day which comes out to 125mg. Keep in mind im 6'2 215 lbs. Anyways I want some opinions on this. Have others experienced these issues? I love the strength gains but if this product is harming my health then im going to stop taking it.
I can tell you one thing for sure.
Laxogenin or any brassinosteroid analogues, ecdysteroids and any planthormone will NOT lead to libido-loss or lethargy ! Is Str3ngth the only supplement you are using?

Increased BP, lethargy and loss of libido is not good and like I said, laxogenin will not lead to those sides ! Even with higher doses

AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
Complete supplement stack
Pro-Complex
MP Creatine
Vitamin d3 5000iu
Purple Wraath
Nordic Natural Fish oil
MP CLA core
Acetyl-carnitine 3g daily
APS mesomorph
Vitamin b5 2500mg daily

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DMAA from Mesomorph could cause high BP, couldn't it?

Last edited:
AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
DMAA from Mesomorph could cause high BP, couldn't it?
I dont know, but mesomorph kicks my ass. When I take a full scoop it stimulates me so much i have trouble getting out of bed the next day.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I dont know, but mesomorph kicks my ass. When I take a full scoop it stimulates me so much i have trouble getting out of bed the next day.
I LOVE Meso and LOVE DMAA, but it will increase blood pressure. Even Moreso when combined with caffeine.

Additionally, dmaa's half-life is exceedingly long.

I'll pull the studies on BP and DMAA for you.

And as the bossman Danes said, Laxo will not cause BP spikes etc as a side.

Keep us posted man. Hoping things go back to normal for you ASAP!

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would have to agree that the culprit is more than likely the "Mesomorph". Also are you taking any ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) it works synergistically with ALCAR (Acetyl l-carnitine) unfortunately do to my lack of posts I can not provide links to the studies, but I wish you well on your journey all the same. Cheers.

onder18

onder18

Awards
I actually have heard of this from another user on a log on Supplementreviews.com. The product was BPS laxacrine I believe. Don't have enough posts yet to post the site but if you look up Supplementreviews.com and user Bosox516 he should have a log for it.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thats wild man but Ive ran through it twice and it hasnt caused me such sides honestly. Try dropping the PWO for the time being and lets see hoe things go.

AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
Thanks for all the support and reply's everybody. Im gonna cut mesomorph for the time being and continue my laxogen. Ill keep you guys posted.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good. I'd agree on the mesomorph as well. Just cut it out for a few and see how your BP goes.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yea anything with 1,3 dimeth will **** your blood pressure up. Oxyelite pro had my blood pressure spiking at times. Never used Meso though

AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
Yea anything with 1,3 dimeth will **** your blood pressure up. Oxyelite pro had my blood pressure spiking at times. Never used Meso though
Maybe meso is causing my bp issues maybe its not. Im going to cut it and see, but can anyone explain the issues with my sex drive and the strange feeling im getting. Maybe its not the laxo. But something is up with me. Maybe im just going thru something or having a bad week for wahtever reason but my sex drive is shot and I dont feel normal. Anyways Ill get this issue cleared up eventually.

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Original 1mr with dmaa killed my libido, could not get it up for anything.

AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
Original 1mr with dmaa killed my libido, could not get it up for anything.
Maybe im just too stimmed out. Its been a long time since I took time off from stims. Possible adrenal fatigue?

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you one thing for sure.
Laxogenin or any brassinosteroid analogues, ecdysteroids and any planthormone will NOT lead to libido-loss or lethargy ! Is Str3ngth the only supplement you are using?

Increased BP, lethargy and loss of libido is not good and like I said, laxogenin will not lead to those sides ! Even with higher doses
What's your opinion on oral laxogenin Danes? You feel it is bioavailabe/is an effective natty anabolic. Ive only tried it in combination with epicatien products.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the support and reply's everybody. Im gonna cut mesomorph for the time being and continue my laxogen. Ill keep you guys posted.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3698473/

Heart rate was unaffected by treatment, but blood pressure and RPP were higher with geranamine, generally in a dose-dependent manner. The peak percent change from pre-ingestion in SBP (~20%), DBP (~17%), and RPP (~9%) was noted with C + G 75 mg at 60 minutes post-ingestion.

DMAA blood pressure.png

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
What's your opinion on oral laxogenin Danes? You feel it is bioavailabe/is an effective natty anabolic. Ive only tried it in combination with epicatien products.
In for response Danes

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Complete supplement stack
Pro-Complex
MP Creatine
Vitamin d3 5000iu
Purple Wraath
Nordic Natural Fish oil
MP CLA core
Acetyl-carnitine 3g daily
APS mesomorph
Vitamin b5 2500mg daily
as other mentioned, APS mesomorph is causing Your problems. Fatigue/lethargy,libido issues and higher/high BP.
conclution: it is not laxogenin :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know one thing for sure, it is VERY difficult to get pure Laxogenin.(seen plenty of Wannabe HPLC tests where it shows no Laxogenin at all.) If I had supplement Company, I would definitely drop the Laxogenin and rather focus on Ecdysteroids/ecdysteroid analogues ++.
A good Adsorption/absorption/bioavailability enhancer would be helpfull but it cant be compared to lets say injected version

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
as other mentioned, APS mesomorph is causing Your problems. Fatigue/lethargy,libido issues and higher/high BP.
conclution: it is not laxogenin :)
Yep, AaronG44, DMAA is likely the culprit. The BP issues, lethargy likely coming from the post-crash many experience, and if you search, "stim dick" was one of the biggest side effects a lot of people had with DMAA products.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually have heard of this from another user on a log on Supplementreviews.com. The product was BPS laxacrine I believe. Don't have enough posts yet to post the site but if you look up Supplementreviews.com and user Bosox516 he should have a log for it.
It will not happen. Not from Laxogenin.
If an User experience BP issues while on laxogenin :
1. The user is not honest. He/she does use other supplements which can cause higher BP.
2. their Laxogenin product is not laxogenin

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im supprised no one has thought about the possibility of his product being tainted.. is it a trusted brand? do they 3rd party test their raw matls?
these side effects are quite common with steroids/phs/DSs and laxo is very hard to synthesize. just an easy thing for a company to get away with..

heck even 1 andro will produce all of these side effects.

AaronG44

AaronG44

Awards
im supprised no one has thought about the possibility of his product being tainted.. is it a trusted brand? do they 3rd party test their raw matls?
these side effects are quite common with steroids/phs/DSs and laxo is very hard to synthesize. just an easy thing for a company to get away with..

In my opinion Olympus Labs is a pretty reputable company. I believe you guys are right. DMAA seems to be the culprit. Its sucks because mesomorph is such a good pre workout. Im going to cut back on its usage and use up some of my other pre workouts.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can just use less. Try 1/2 a scoop. DMAA never seemed to bother me as far as sides. Yohimbine and any form of it always bothers me, spikes bp, makes me nervous and nauseous. DMAA has always been a smooth ride for me though. For a lot of people though DMAA does bother them and affect/effect? them negatively.

white_lie

Awards
  • Established

Can't believe you'd say something like that about OL. One of the most stand up supp companies I know of

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wasn't specifically saying it about OL.. how ever I have had issues with them in the past myself. didn't even know who made the product til you said this.