Clumpy pre-workout powder?

SD1959

Awards
Just received 2 jugs of soon, but not yet expired product (name and supplier withheld for the time being). I have used this one before. The one I opened is so full of clumps it looks like Mars dirt. Used once and didn't sit that great in my gut. The other when shaken sounds like it's the same. I'm guessing this may be indicative of moisture? If so can it cause bacteria growth? Please give me your insights. The return policy is shaky but I paid by cc. Sent an e-mail late Thus night with no response yet.
Thanks in advance,
Sd

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it break down when you shake it?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't use it.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ohhh pre workout I read it wrong as protein. Should be good to go.

Charm

Awards
I wouldn't use it. Try to call the company and perhaps they can help you out.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's normal, all pres do this over time. If it was sitting on your shelf, Id say use it.. but if u got it like that, you deserve the product the way it should be imo.

Mike

SD1959

Awards
It's normal, all pres do this over time. If it was sitting on your shelf, Id say use it.. but if u got it like that, you deserve the product the way it should be imo.

Mike
Never received a pre product anything close to this. Still no response from seller. If nothing tomorrow, I'll contact my cc provider.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never received a pre product anything close to this. Still no response from seller. If nothing tomorrow, I'll contact my cc provider.
I don't think I've ever received a new product like that, but tons of times after i open supplements and they sit on my shelf for a few months, that happens.

Mike

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did a log for Betancourt a while back and their powder was like that. Try and break the clumps up and stir the pre with a knife instead of shaking it. That's what I do with all my prework out concoctions.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pump-Bol used to do this really bad. A lot of raw ingredients do as well. Since you had it I would try it after breaking it up; you will know if it is not right since you know the taste/experience.

rreppert1

Awards
  • Established
I received flashover that was clumpy and wouldn't break apart, contacted them they sent me 2 tubs that were gtg

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
use a fork to break up everything in container, that's what i always did.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
I received flashover that was clumpy and wouldn't break apart, contacted them they sent me 2 tubs that were gtg
dammit i shoulda said something!

i just took 10 minutes with a fork, broke up every clump, then dropped in some of those moisture bags that are inside of hemavol, and never had a problem with the tub.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
I'd blend it with a blender a little bit at a time till it is all powder again then I'd store it in the fridge.