TriMax while on birth control?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My gf would like to try a TriMax (don't know yet what dosage) + ECA (ephedrine HCL 25mg, caffeine 200mg, ASA 81mg 3xday) combo but she is currently on birth control and we are both unsure if there would be any interference. Mostly we're concerned with any lessening of the effectiveness of the birth control. But we are also concerned with safety as well. The birth control she is using is:

Brand Name: Yasmin
Compound name: Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol

Since the contraindications specifically mention yellowing of the eyes and skin (jaundice), I'm wondering also if this pill might be methylated. It is afterall a synthetic hormone delivered orally.

Anyway, if anyone has a girlfriend who has used TriMax while on "the pill" please post.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
my GF did (and just started another cycle currently) and we've had no problems, but I cannot say that there is no reaction. The best thing to look for I suppose would be possible interactions between cytomel and birth control, which I may have to do some digging for myself now that you mention it. :)

As for the liver problems: not sure, would have to have blood test done.

As for the hormonal response: I'm not aware of any reactions between thyroid affecting compounds and female birth control, but I will look also.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From the looks of it, there is no reduction in efficacy of the birth control pills. However that second link does mention that an increased thyroid dosage may be required if on birth control. Due to safety, I think we'll play it on the low side to start.

We'll probably go for a short 2 week cycle of it starting off at 1 a day and upping to 2, then back down to 1. That seems to have produced results from the looks of it on the TriMax thread. Maybe 11112222221111. The ECA she'll do for a longer period of time. Of course, before she starts, we'll have to come up with a proper supplimentation plan for post TriMax so her thyroid recovers properly.

Thanks a million, man. I only discovered this board recently but I have to say it is fantastic. A lot of the folks here are extremely knowledgable and very helpful. I'll share this info with my girlfriend. She'll be happy to hear it. She's been very self concious lately about her weight; she used to be a true ectomorph all throughout highschool but in the last couple of years her metabolism slowed down significantly. She didn't notice until she had gained more than 20 pounds. On a 5'2" frame, an extra 20 pounds is very noticeable. I personally love her the way she is, but I know how she feels about herself is very important. I just don't want her to hurt herself in the process of losing weight.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
From the looks of it, there is no reduction in efficacy of the birth control pills. However that second link does mention that an increased thyroid dosage may be required if on birth control. Due to safety, I think we'll play it on the low side to start.

We'll probably go for a short 2 week cycle of it starting off at 1 a day and upping to 2, then back down to 1. That seems to have produced results from the looks of it on the TriMax thread. Maybe 11112222221111. The ECA she'll do for a longer period of time. Of course, before she starts, we'll have to come up with a proper supplimentation plan for post TriMax so her thyroid recovers properly.

Thanks a million, man. I only discovered this board recently but I have to say it is fantastic. A lot of the folks here are extremely knowledgable and very helpful. I'll share this info with my girlfriend. She'll be happy to hear it. She's been very self concious lately about her weight; she used to be a true ectomorph all throughout highschool but in the last couple of years her metabolism slowed down significantly. She didn't notice until she had gained more than 20 pounds. On a 5'2" frame, an extra 20 pounds is very noticeable. I personally love her the way she is, but I know how she feels about herself is very important. I just don't want her to hurt herself in the process of losing weight.
Good luck with the cycle! ECA (or ECY especially) in combination with this should work well for her. I respect the fact that you're exercising caution and should definitely look into her diet and training also to make the synergy happen, as they are really the base for weight loss anyway. :)

clynnc33

Awards
Hi,

I am on Yasmin and just started a Trimax cycle (I am planning on 3 weeks) yesterday. I wasn't planning to take more than one cap/day, but maybe up to 2 caps/day for a few days in the middle of the cycle, we'll see.
I guess there aren't too many (if any) females on this forum? It doesn't seem like it but I'm new.
Anyway of course I'm interested in female Trimax results.
Jweave--how long was your girlfriend's cycle and what were her results? bf%? what were her training/eating habits during and after? did she maintain her loss?
any info is great!
also--do you guys take trimax with food, morning, evening, empty stomach, or does it matter?
about alcohol, i know drinking it is bad while on anything but will a couple glasses of wine kill me while taking trimax?

thanks so much,
I'm really impressed w/this forum already too.
I'll let you all know what I think of the product.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
She's not a very active person at heart, but I'm a bit of a fitness nut personally so I've been easing her into a steady routine.

I started her out with a very simple lifting routine as well as some walking. I'm in the process of buying an exercise bike (I don't want to spend much, but I wnat something that won't fall apart) so she can do some exercise that raises her heartrate more. Currently one day she does 3 sets of squats on a squat station (powetec squat/hacksquat, plateloaded). Another day during the week she does 3 sets of flat bench on the smith machine, in addition to 3 sets of lat pulldowns.

In addition, I'll soon also start her on a set of bodyweight plyometric exercises to be done as a circuit to get her heart really pumping. The effect will be similar to sprint intervals; increase heartrate to around 80-85% for short period, then rest for double the time to get it back down, rinse repeat. I find that kind of cardio is much more interesting to do than simple running or cycling. For beginners, especially those not enthusiastic about fitness, finding an interesting exercise routine is extremely important. Once I get an exercise bike, she'll most likely do a mixture of longer steady-paced cardio with interval training either on the bike or with plyometric circuits.

Because she's a beginner and she's never been very into exercise in the past, she is still afraid of the weights still and she's not very enthusiastic about workouts yet in general. However I know that once she gets into it and starts to really get into shape, the extra strength and energy she'll have she'll want to keep.

In any case, I won't be starting her on the stack until I have everything necessary for both the stack itself and the PCT onhand. I also want to wait until I feel she is comfortable with her exercise routine and has attained a familiarity with her physical limits in strength and endurance. Most importantly, I want her to gain confidence in herself and her abilities. The biggest motivator for her I've found is encouragement on my part. I make sure to remind her after each exercise what a great job she's doing and that the steps she's taking to get in shape are a difficult task and she's accomplishing it well. As a beginner it can be very discouraging to be tired out so quickly and to be able to lift so little weight, receiving constant encouragement is absolutely necessary in order to promote ongoing achievement and establish dedication. At her current rate of achievement I'm aiming for the cycle to be either mid July or early August.

I'll definitely be sure to post results. I'm also going to ask her to see her doctor beforehand to have her thyroid levels checked (post cycle as well obviously).

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I am on Yasmin and just started a Trimax cycle (I am planning on 3 weeks) yesterday. I wasn't planning to take more than one cap/day, but maybe up to 2 caps/day for a few days in the middle of the cycle, we'll see.
I guess there aren't too many (if any) females on this forum? It doesn't seem like it but I'm new.
Anyway of course I'm interested in female Trimax results.
Jweave--how long was your girlfriend's cycle and what were her results? bf%? what were her training/eating habits during and after? did she maintain her loss?
any info is great!
also--do you guys take trimax with food, morning, evening, empty stomach, or does it matter?
about alcohol, i know drinking it is bad while on anything but will a couple glasses of wine kill me while taking trimax?

thanks so much,
I'm really impressed w/this forum already too.
I'll let you all know what I think of the product.
My GF did HIIT cardio 3x weekly, and low intensity 1x. Her cals were about 1800 (which I said was too low but she's stubborn as hell). She didn't do any lifting while on it, which again I didn't recommend, but let's say she usually wins, lol :D Tri-max was ran for 4 weeks, starting at 1 cap for a few days, then 2, then 3 for most of the cycle, then back down the last week. She loved it, lost about 7 lbs (which I think was low because of her diet and/or lack of lifting, but still came off real easy)

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A little update.

I've been reading up on Thyroid information lately in preparation for my own cycle of TriMax as well as my girlfriend's. I bought a simple book on the Thyroid gland for starters. In it, there was a part where it talked about screening for hyperthyroid and hypothyroid. It said that "oral contraceptives" can greatly interfere with the screening of thyroid hormones.

So, while birth control does not appear to be negatively affected by TriMax, it does prevent accurate testing of the Thyroid gland. Since it is imperative IMO that one get tested before and after a cycle to track thyroid hormone levels (TSH, and free T4), anything that prevents screening also prevents safe usage of TriMax.

I don't however know if accurate screening is impossible though, it merely said that it was "more difficult." I'll see what exactly that means, and if it means simply that a different or more uncommon test must be done.

Until then, she won't be using any TriMax. In a way though, she was actually somewhat relieved. She's pretty scared of the stuff, and rightly so; it isn't to be trifled with. The utmost caution must be taken any time you mess with your thyroid since it regulates so many functions in your body.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
A
Until then, she won't be using any TriMax. In a way though, she was actually somewhat relieved. She's pretty scared of the stuff, and rightly so; it isn't to be trifled with. The utmost caution must be taken any time you mess with your thyroid since it regulates so many functions in your body.

I completely agree. Thank you for being so cautious with your and your GF's health.