Thrall's Sponsored Ultimate IGF-2 Log

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/21/02
*Day 1*

My first day on IGF-2 was yesterday, and I am starting on 9 caps a day (in 3 cap doses). I will have before pics in a later post. Here are my starting stats:

THRALL
Sex: Male
Weight: 185 lbs.
Height: 5' 10"
BF percentage: 10-12% (estimated)
Goals: Functional strength and endurance
Weapon of choice: Combined bodyweight and freeweight style training

My training style is somewhat unique to posters on this board. I have been using it for about a month and a half and have officially decided to ALWAYS include at least some bodyweight movements in my programs. My split looks like this:

Workout A:
Standard Pushup x 8
Pull up x 8
Wrestler's Bridge x 1
Gorilla Hold x 1
Front Bridge x 1
Handstand Hold x 1-3

Workout W:
Deadlift x 3-5
Side Press x 3-5
Jump Rope 15-30 min. (work up to 30 eventually, using 3 minute rounds) OR 5 sets hindu squats

Workout B:
Freehand squat x 5
Leg Raises x 5
Back Extensions x 5
Roll Outs x 3
Wall Walking x 3

Sunday- Workout A
Monday- Workout W
Tuesday-Workout B
Wednsday-Workout A
Thursday-Workout W
Friday- Rest
Saturday-Workout B

Without further ado, here is my first training day for this log:

Hindu squat: 60, 55, 45, 45, 40=245 Next w/o goal: 255

Leg raise: 27, 21, 17, 17, 15=97 Next w/o: 105
(supersetted with)

Back extension: 16, 16, 16, 15, 13=76 Next w/o goal:80

Roll outs: 12, 11, 7=30 Next w/o goal: 35

Wall walk: 2 reps Next w/o goal: 4 reps

As you can tell, Day B is very lower body and core intensive. I am curious to see how many squats I can get in by the end of this log. Once they get REALLY high, I'm going to throw in a weight vest or a one legged (tiger squat) version. I may even eventually graduate to the soviet pistol.

I dosed IGF-2 3 times as recommended, on an empty stomach each time. So far, no noticeable side effects at all.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice man! looking forward to seeing your results, your going to love them! Nice workout too btw, it's definetly unique!

*Side note- Get some RPM, you'll be glad you did! It works extremely well together with RPM, as they compliment each other! I tried it, and no am a firm believer in it!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
7/21/02
*Day 1*

My first day on IGF-2 was yesterday, and I am starting on 9 caps a day (in 3 cap doses). I will have before pics in a later post. Here are my starting stats:

THRALL
Sex: Male
Weight: 185 lbs.
Height: 5' 10"
BF percentage: 10-12% (estimated)
Goals: Functional strength and endurance
Weapon of choice: Combined bodyweight and freeweight style training

My training style is somewhat unique to posters on this board. I have been using it for about a month and a half and have officially decided to ALWAYS include at least some bodyweight movements in my programs. My split looks like this:

Workout A:
Standard Pushup x 8
Pull up x 8
Wrestler's Bridge x 1
Gorilla Hold x 1
Front Bridge x 1
Handstand Hold x 1-3

Workout W:
Deadlift x 3-5
Side Press x 3-5
Jump Rope 15-30 min. (work up to 30 eventually, using 3 minute rounds) OR 5 sets hindu squats

Workout B:
Freehand squat x 5
Leg Raises x 5
Back Extensions x 5
Roll Outs x 3
Wall Walking x 3

Sunday- Workout A
Monday- Workout W
Tuesday-Workout B
Wednsday-Workout A
Thursday-Workout W
Friday- Rest
Saturday-Workout B

Without further ado, here is my first training day for this log:

Hindu squat: 60, 55, 45, 45, 40=245 Next w/o goal: 255

Leg raise: 27, 21, 17, 17, 15=97 Next w/o: 105
(supersetted with)

Back extension: 16, 16, 16, 15, 13=76 Next w/o goal:80

Roll outs: 12, 11, 7=30 Next w/o goal: 35

Wall walk: 2 reps Next w/o goal: 4 reps

As you can tell, Day B is very lower body and core intensive. I am curious to see how many squats I can get in by the end of this log. Once they get REALLY high, I'm going to throw in a weight vest or a one legged (tiger squat) version. I may even eventually graduate to the soviet pistol.

I dosed IGF-2 3 times as recommended, on an empty stomach each time. So far, no noticeable side effects at all.
It usually takes about 7 days to kick in.....

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
It usually takes about 7 days to kick in.....
Yes, I'm sorry, I know that. Really I mean to report that there were no NEGATIVE side effects from me actually taking the product (like an allergic reaction or something).

7/22/07
*Day 2*

This was definitely an off workout, but that is mainly because I changed it and attempted to do pull ups LAST. Big friggin' mistake. I think now I will actually do them first, as they have proven to be one of my most stubborn movements.

Push up: 31, 28, 21, 21, 21, 21, 17, 18=178 Next w/o: 185

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:00 Next w/o: 1:50

Front Bridge: 1:50 Next w/o: 2:00

Gorilla Hold: 1:01 Next w/o: 1:05

Pull ups: 11, 10, 10, 6, 5=42 (very tired) Next w/o: 70

As you can see, I didn't do handstand holds this time, and I cut pullups short. This is one of the worst workouts I've had yet on this bodyweight program, but it was mainly due to my poor choice of movement placement. I am going to go back to supersetting pullups and push ups, but I will do pull ups as the first movement of the super set and see if that helps.

7/23/07
*Day 3*

A simple weight day, but I was on a limited time schedule so I had to skip the extra cardio.

Dead Lift= 330 x 5, 300 x 5, 265 x 5, 265 x 5

Side Press=77 x 3, 70 x 5, 62 x 5, 62 x 5

I actually got the 77 five times with my right arm, but my form was poor when I did my left I think. I WILL get it next time, I have no doubt of that.

I have been faithfully taking the product three times a day as directed. In regards to stacking it with RPM...

I would love to do that, but I don't think Applied Nutriceuticals wants me to use anything with the IGF-2 right now. Some testers may stack stuff later on, but right now I don't think I'm supposed to. I do love RPM though.

Alright, I will be back to post my lower body bodyweight workout shortly...

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/24/07
*Day 4*
Rest day, came home and crashed after work...:wtf:

7/25/07
*Day 5*
Upper body day. I am reducing the pullup/pushup supersets to 5 sets and we will see if they increase next workout. This workout wasn't bad, but if this split continues to be too complicated for me, I may go back to a simpler full body routine. Again, I am still experimenting with this training style, so have patience with my at times clumsy efforts.:thumbsup:

Pullup: 11, 11, 11, 10, 7= 50 Next w/o: 55
(supersetted with)

Pushup: 31, 30, 22, 17, 17=117 Next w/o: 125

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:51 Next w/o: 155

Front Bridge: 1:34 Next w/o: 1:40

Gorilla Hold: 1:09 Next w/o: 115

Handstand Holds: 0:48, 0:30 Next w/o: 0:50

Again, still some nice increases. I think I may switch to a harder pushup variation soon, I don't like the high reps as much on pushups as I do the hindu squats.

Alright, weight training today. I will try to post my results tonight if I get the opportunity.

Yesterday, I actually weighed 183, but physical poundage does fluctuate as you all well know. Especially on the sh*tty scale we have at my gym:dump:.

I will get the photos up as soon as I can get my ditzy girlfriend to remember to bring her digital camera. :lol:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Looking good so far Thrall! Can you help me figure out what a side press and gorilla hold are? If it's obvious, apologies for being slow here....

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
7/24/07
*Day 4*
Rest day, came home and crashed after work...:wtf:

7/25/07
*Day 5*
Upper body day. I am reducing the pullup/pushup supersets to 5 sets and we will see if they increase next workout. This workout wasn't bad, but if this split continues to be too complicated for me, I may go back to a simpler full body routine. Again, I am still experimenting with this training style, so have patience with my at times clumsy efforts.:thumbsup:

Pullup: 11, 11, 11, 10, 7= 50 Next w/o: 55
(supersetted with)

Pushup: 31, 30, 22, 17, 17=117 Next w/o: 125

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:51 Next w/o: 155

Front Bridge: 1:34 Next w/o: 1:40

Gorilla Hold: 1:09 Next w/o: 115

Handstand Holds: 0:48, 0:30 Next w/o: 0:50

Again, still some nice increases. I think I may switch to a harder pushup variation soon, I don't like the high reps as much on pushups as I do the hindu squats.

Alright, weight training today. I will try to post my results tonight if I get the opportunity.

Yesterday, I actually weighed 183, but physical poundage does fluctuate as you all well know. Especially on the sh*tty scale we have at my gym:dump:.

I will get the photos up as soon as I can get my ditzy girlfriend to remember to bring her digital camera. :lol:
Those are some crazy workouts- kinda similar to some of the stuff we do...

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Side Press: A variation of the old strongman lift known as the bent press. A weighted barbell is stood end on end, then hoisted to the shoulder and held parallel to the ground. The bent press involves lowering the body first to extend the arm, then standing up (usually involves heavy weight). The side press involves simply using the whole body to press the weight overhead. It is a lot harder than it sounds.

Gorilla Hold: I believe they do this in dogcrapp training as well, though they may call it something else. It is basically hanging from a pullup bar as long as possible. Very difficult to do after doing pullups first!

7/26/07
*Day 6*

I admit that I started to work out, but realized that I was way too tired. I actually fell asleep several times at work today (while driving-- not good). I need to rest, I have to admit it. Beddy byes for me (hopefully). I actually just designed a capsule on Capsule Creation for rest. It is a blend of GABA, L-Theanine, Valerian Root, and Naringin (to enhance the rest of the ingredients). It will probably suck, but it is so cheap to do and so fun, I thought I'd try it.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to your results. I am almost done with my log for MST then I am having some bloodwork done the begining of August, then on to my IGF log. Sorry to invade your log but if I start my IGF about 4 days before my bloodwork would it effect my blood levels. I am trying to get a good baseline reading, but do not want to wait too long before I start this log. My doctor's appointment is scehduled for Augsut 8th.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...I'm curious as the the answer to that as well. Anyone?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I am not sure how IGF-2 would affect the test after only 4 days use.... but if you don't mind, go ahead and wait til right after the test to start the log. It'll be nice to have a true baseline reading.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, those workouts look insane, I dont know if I would be able to hang with them! Is this your first time doing them?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to your results. I am almost done with my log for MST then I am having some bloodwork done the begining of August, then on to my IGF log. Sorry to invade your log but if I start my IGF about 4 days before my bloodwork would it effect my blood levels. I am trying to get a good baseline reading, but do not want to wait too long before I start this log. My doctor's appointment is scehduled for Augsut 8th.
It may raise Free test a little, and your IGF levels may be slightly altered and you may have a little lower SHBG, but 4 days on IGF-2 probably won't alter these parameters too significantly- but 10-12 days down the road- that could be a different story :)

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/27/07
*Day 7*
Rest

7/28/07
*Day 8*

Going back to bodyweight day, weight day, rest, repeat schedule. Keep it simple, it was better that way.

The workout today:

Pull ups: 12, 12, 9, 9, 8=50 Next w/o: still 55
(supersetted with)

One Legged push up: 26, 20, 16, 17, 15=94 Next w/o: 105

Hindu squats: 45, 35, 30, 30, 25=165 Next w/o: 245 (today was kind of a light day for these, I didn't push it as hard as I usually could)

Back extension: 17, 16, 16, 8, 8=65 Next w/o: still 80
(this was not very good either)

Gorilla Hold: 1:06 (not bad) Next w/o: still 1:15

Leg Raise: 19, 12, 15=46 Next w/o: 50

Roll outs: 12, 8, 5=25 Next w/o: 30

I had to skip the two neck bridges today because the gym closes at 4. Other than that, I would say I have some catching up to do next w/o. I hope you guys dig the photos I posted (they were taken today).

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Man, those workouts look insane, I dont know if I would be able to hang with them! Is this your first time doing them?
Yeah, I just started these exercises a few weeks ago. Progress had been up and down because I switched my split, as I said above I think the simpler full body workout was better for me.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
gorilla holds aka extreme stretching for back

when I trained DC that was a big thing, stretching, yes hanging from a bar with a wide grip does take a toll, do it with a db strapped to your waste is that much harder.

i love the unique ness to your lifts, when I land in korea this week and really get training down i too will begin to incorporate more body weight type movements

i lift here on base with a guy that can do one legged squats til the cows come home, he is much smaller then me and I squat about 100lbs more hten hima nd I can do 1 1legged squat lol

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Thrall,
Enjoy the log. Excellent results. I decided to take a month to a month and a half off all exercise just to sort of heal up and recover physically and mentally. The heavy weight training has really taken a toll on my shoulders and other joints. So, your log and Emilio's really are interesting to me cause my training is going to be 2 days per week lifting and the rest of it its going to be weight vest walking, sled dragging, tire flipping, yoga and body weight work. I also have the Dinosaur Bodyweight and a few more good ones. Have you ever read any of Ross Enamaits stuff?

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Thrall,
Enjoy the log. Excellent results. I decided to take a month to a month and a half off all exercise just to sort of heal up and recover physically and mentally. The heavy weight training has really taken a toll on my shoulders and other joints. So, your log and Emilio's really are interesting to me cause my training is going to be 2 days per week lifting and the rest of it its going to be weight vest walking, sled dragging, tire flipping, yoga and body weight work. I also have the Dinosaur Bodyweight and a few more good ones. Have you ever read any of Ross Enamaits stuff?
Well, I looked him up and watched the videos on his site. I would love to train like that, but I don't live in my own place, just in a house where I rent a room. I don't have anywhere I could put that equipment. That seems like the IDEAL way to train to me, though. That stuff will turn you into a monster. It makes me want to throw some more jump rope into the mix, though!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thrall,
Man, taking a month off sounds great! I just think I would get fat fat fat, and lose all my muscle. But man, that sounds like a great idea.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
hell id love to take a month off

but id lose about 30lbs all muscle shrink up and be as strong as a 12 yr old girl lol

yes i over exaggerate but that is what id feel like lik

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't know how the really extreme HIT guys do it (one workout a week). I tried it and HATED it. I took a month off in the winter and just got smaller.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I have just got a bit fatter. I cut my food intake back alot. Been to the chiropractor several times, doing lots of stretching and yoga poses and I am feeling much better. I'll be starting back around the 13th of August I think? I'll be gone on work related trips and don't know how my schedule will look so I am going to have a good month and a half of rest. I needed it and especially my joints.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Time off is a good idea sometimes, no doubt. Thanks for getting me to look Ross Enamait up, by the way. I plan to order one of his books soon, his training style is insane. I need to at least get it, even if I can't utilize all of it. That kind of physical output is phenomenal.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
7/29/07
*Day 9*

Rest.

7/30/07
*Day 10*

Bodyweight day. Went well, here it is:

Pullup: 13, 12, 10, 9, 9=53 Next: 55
(supersetted with)

One legged push up: 30, 22, 18, 18, 14=102 Next: 105

Hindu Squat: 55, 50, 45, 40, 37=227 Next: 245

Back extension: 30, 17, 17, 8, 8=80 Next: 85

Gorilla Hold: 1:10 Next: 1:15

Leg Raise: 22, 15, 16=53 Next: 60

Roll outs: 13, 8, 5= 26 Next: 30

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:45 Next: 1:50

Front Bridge: 1:15 Next: 1:25

7/31/07
*Day 11*

Weights:

Dead lift: 335 x 5, 305 x 5, 270 x 5 Next: 340

Side Press: 77 x 5, 70 x 5, 60 x 5 Next: 80

8/1/07
*Day 12*

Rest

Will post today's workout later...sorry about the delayed posting fellas.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Funny you should ask, my girlfriend just dumped me Monday. Nonetheless, training is still on course, and the IGF-2 seems to be working. I haven't really weighed myself lately, but I don't expect to gain mass on this program.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Funny you should ask, my girlfriend just dumped me Monday. Nonetheless, training is still on course, and the IGF-2 seems to be working. I haven't really weighed myself lately, but I don't expect to gain mass on this program.
Sorry to hear about that Thrall....... you know what to do though: Turn those emotions around and use them for good..... channel that energy into your workouts. I remember when I was training for my first show I had some female issues, I basically meditated while stretching for warmups, then channeled all my anger into the lifts. Extra reps, higher weights, a few choice cuss words thrown in here and there...... best workouts ever. Hang in there bro.

Sidenote: While you may not gain mass (which is halfway expected with your current workout) look for the benefits of IGF-2 to manifest themselves in the form of better energy throughout the day, more alertness even when not stimmed up, better sleep, vivid dreams, a little better endurance, increased strength and possibly an increase in mind-muscle link ;)

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about that Thrall....... you know what to do though: Turn those emotions around and use them for good..... channel that energy into your workouts. I remember when I was training for my first show I had some female issues, I basically meditated while stretching for warmups, then channeled all my anger into the lifts. Extra reps, higher weights, a few choice cuss words thrown in here and there...... best workouts ever. Hang in there bro.

Sidenote: While you may not gain mass (which is halfway expected with your current workout) look for the benefits of IGF-2 to manifest themselves in the form of better energy throughout the day, more alertness even when not stimmed up, better sleep, vivid dreams, a little better endurance, increased strength and possibly an increase in mind-muscle link ;)
Or you can always just kill prostitutes.:twisted:

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow sorry to hear that man! What a *****! Did she give you a reason, or was it the bs they throw at you like "I just need to be alone for a while" which translates into "I want to F*** around some more", or the "we are growing apart, were just different" which translates into "I have already found someone else". Grrrrr women make me mad! I have had my fair share of dumpings, even traveling to brazil to try to stay together, that didn't work!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Wow sorry to hear that man! What a *****! Did she give you a reason, or was it the bs they throw at you like "I just need to be alone for a while" which translates into "I want to F*** around some more", or the "we are growing apart, were just different" which translates into "I have already found someone else". Grrrrr women make me mad! I have had my fair share of dumpings, even traveling to brazil to try to stay together, that didn't work!
LOL..... Myth, don't put negative thoughts in the poor guys head.......

Thrall, no prostitute killing.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just hate exuses. time to rail her best friend, thats what I did!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
girlfriend= 1 pussy
married= no pussy
no girlfriend= thousands of pussies

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
8/2/07
*Day 13*

Pullup: 14, 12, 11, 10, 9=56 Next: 60
(supersetted with)

One legged push up: 32, 24, 20, 18, 13=107 Next: 115

Hindu Squat: 60, 55, 52, 45, 37=249 Next: 255

Back extension: 31, 20, 17, 12, 7=87 Next: 90

Leg Raise: 24, 16, 16=55 Next:still 60

Roll outs: 14, 9, 7= 30 Next: 35

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:30 Next: 1:45

Front Bridge: 1:11 Next: 1:25

Pretty good gains, though my holds didn't really go up. Those squats BURNED.

8/3/07
*Day 14*

Dead Lift:340 x 5, 310 x 5, 275 x 5

Side Press:80 x 5, 72 x 5, 65 x 5

This weight is definitely starting to get heavy for me. The IGF-2 has me feeling pretty good though.

8/4/07
*Day 15*
Rest

8/5/07
*Day 16*
Rest

Supplement update: Still don't feel much major effect from the IGF-2 other than the dreams (which I never remember real well, but I am definitely dreaming more). I am catching up on my rest as well, especially after I started taking my custom capsule stuff, it's a pretty relaxing formula.

Ex-girlfriend update: So, I figured I should fill you guys in on exactly what has happened since she dumped me. The day after, she proceeded to tell me she did not want a "complete cut off". Of course, to me this just means she wants to screw other guys too, which is not really cool to me. So, I banged her once on Thursday and haven't talked to her since. I'm past most of the hurt, and now I possibly have an occasional booty call, if you want to call it that. I guess, in other words, it's time to shop around.

Fabulous One: I'm checking my email now. Thanks!

AN reps: I'll try to post more often from now on!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
8/2/07
*Day 13*

Pullup: 14, 12, 11, 10, 9=56 Next: 60
(supersetted with)

One legged push up: 32, 24, 20, 18, 13=107 Next: 115

Hindu Squat: 60, 55, 52, 45, 37=249 Next: 255

Back extension: 31, 20, 17, 12, 7=87 Next: 90

Leg Raise: 24, 16, 16=55 Next:still 60

Roll outs: 14, 9, 7= 30 Next: 35

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:30 Next: 1:45

Front Bridge: 1:11 Next: 1:25

Pretty good gains, though my holds didn't really go up. Those squats BURNED.

8/3/07
*Day 14*

Dead Lift:340 x 5, 310 x 5, 275 x 5

Side Press:80 x 5, 72 x 5, 65 x 5

This weight is definitely starting to get heavy for me. The IGF-2 has me feeling pretty good though.

8/4/07
*Day 15*
Rest

8/5/07
*Day 16*
Rest

Supplement update: Still don't feel much major effect from the IGF-2 other than the dreams (which I never remember real well, but I am definitely dreaming more). I am catching up on my rest as well, especially after I started taking my custom capsule stuff, it's a pretty relaxing formula.

Ex-girlfriend update: So, I figured I should fill you guys in on exactly what has happened since she dumped me. The day after, she proceeded to tell me she did not want a "complete cut off". Of course, to me this just means she wants to screw other guys too, which is not really cool to me. So, I banged her once on Thursday and haven't talked to her since. I'm past most of the hurt, and now I possibly have an occasional booty call, if you want to call it that. I guess, in other words, it's time to shop around.

Fabulous One: I'm checking my email now. Thanks!

AN reps: I'll try to post more often from now on!
Sounds like a good strategy- I would shop as much as possible (this coming from an old married guy :))

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a good strategy- I would shop as much as possible (this coming from an old married guy :))
Old, ha, your like 35 TOPS! I've seen your photo! :afro:

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Holy balls, its been a long time since I posted. Time to catch up (good thing I keep a detailed workout log).

8/6/07
*Day 17*
Pullup: 13, 12, 10, 10, 10=55 Next: still 60
(supersetted with)

One legged push up: 35, 25, 22, 16, 13=111 Next: still 115

Hindu Squat: 60, 60, 55, 49, 40=264 Next: 270

Back extension: 32, 21, 16, 15, 9=93 Next: 95

Gorilla Hold: 1:15 Next: 1:20

Leg Raise: 22, 15, 15=52 Next:still 60

Roll outs: 16, 10, 8= 34 Next: 40

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:15 Next: still 1:45

Front Bridge: 1:12 Next: still 1:25

8/7/07
*Day 18*

Dead lift: 345 x 3, 315 x 5, 280 x 5 Next: still 345

Side Press: 82 x 4, 75 x 5, 67 x 5 Next: still 82

8/8/07
*Day 19*

Rest

8/9/07
*Day 20*

Rest (I think this extra rest day is helping a lot, so I'm going to continue taking it. I've been working a lot of overtime and have been dog ass tired.)

8/10/07
*Day 21*

Pullup: 13, 13, 9, 10, 9=54 Next: still 60
(supersetted with)

One legged push up: 36, 25, 23, 10, 13=107 (ouch) Next: still 115

Hindu Squat: 60, 60, 55, 50, 40=265 Next: 270

Back extension: 32, 22, 15, 15, 12=96 Next: 100

Gorilla Hold: 1:15 Next: still 1:20

Leg Raise: 25, 13, 15=53 Next:still 60

Roll outs: 17, 12, 9= 38 Next: still 40

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:22 Next: still 1:45

Front Bridge: 1:21 Next: still 1:25

I'm struggling with some things still, but I feel pretty good. I'm worried about overtraining a little at this point, because some things are not going up. I'll keep at it regularly for now, I don't want to take any unnecessary time off during this log.

I'm going to New Jersey for work this week so I get to train at a different gym for a while. I'll keep you updated, I should have more time to post in the evenings this week.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
8/11/07
*Day 22*

One last weight day before I left. It went something like this:

Dead Lift: 345 x 4, 315 x 5, 280 x 5 Next: still 345

Side Press: 82 x 4, 75 x 5, 67 x 5 Next: still 82

This weight day didn't go well. So, before I left, my determination was to not do any weights all week. In fact, my copier class was so exhausting (9 hours a day) that I did not do ANY working out this week.

8/12/07-8/17/07
*Day 23-28*

A big ole rest. Guess what? You will see in the next few days here that it REALLY paid off, too. Not only did I pass my class with a 95% (big whoop, I can fix MORE frickin' copiers), but some of my numbers jumped quite a bit! I don't think this would have happened without the help of the IGF-2, honestly. Check it out, on Saturday, I decided to do a little "test" to see where my endurance was. I only did one set of each exercise, and cut a few of the exercises that overlapped for the purposes of the test, and here's what happened:

8/18/07
*Day 29*

Hindu squats: 105 reps (never expected that!)

Pull up: 16 (any increase at all here is good, even if not as drastic)

One legged pushup: 47 reps (paused a bit, but I did it)

Back extension: 34 reps

Gorilla Hold: 1:35 (a new pr as well)

Roll outs: 20

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:59

This went very well, I am thinking that I had overworked a little, so this trip to Jersey was a sort of blessing in a way. The trip actually sucked very badly, by the way. :lol:

8/19/07
*Day 30*

Strength test. Passed with flying colors:

Dead Lift: 345 x 5, 315 x 5, 280 x 5 Next: 350

Side Press: 82 x 5, 75 x 5, 67 x 5 Next: 85

Back on track!:thumbsup:

8/20/07
*Day 31*

Rest

Now, after all of that, I want to apologize for my absence in posting. It seems that after I left myself get away from daily posting, I started to slack, forget, and the stress of the Jersey trip was kind of a drag. Daily posting is now mandatory as a personal rule, and as a courtesy to AN.

I hope you guys don't mind that I rested so much, as I think you can see that it had some good results.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
We'll let it slide, Thrall ;)

Your avy pic is looking MEAN!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
If by mean, you mean feminine and weak, then I agree with you. :rofl:

At any rate, last two days right heeeere:

8/21/07
*Day 32*

Pullup: 15, 13, 11, 12, 9=60 Next: 65
(supersetted with)

One legged push up: 45, 32, 30, 16, 13=136 Next: 140

Hindu Squat: 90, 70, 61, 55, 50=326 Next: 330 (this...is a lot of squats)

Back extension: 35, 19, 17, 15, 8=94 Next: still 95

Gorilla Hold: 1:21 Next: 1:25

Leg Raise: 24, 17, 15=56 Next:still 60

Roll outs: 18, 13, 8= 39 Next: 45

Wrestler's Bridge: 1:38 Next: 1:45

Front Bridge: 1:27 Next: 1:30

Back to the grind, and it felt pretty good. Too many squats!

8/22/07
*Day 33*

Dead Lift: 350 x 5, 315 x 5, 280 x 5 Next: 355

Side Press: 85 x 5, 77 x 5, 70 x 5 Next: 87

The side press felt HEAVY. Still, going strong.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
8/23/07
*Day 34*

REST

Nothing going on today but typical nonsense. I kind of feel like working out today, but I'll hold off.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
8/24/07
*Day 35*

REST

Will post today and tomorrow's workouts tomorrow. I didn't have any internet connection all day at home, right now I'm at my buddy's house getting ready to watch the UFC tonight.

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
Having serious network problems (I steal it from the neighbors). I'll be lucky if it doesn't disconnect before I get this message out. New post coming!