SCIVATION XTEND PERFORM AND FLEXATRIL

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As Bruce Lee once put it "To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities." I recently sustained an injury in my trap/neck/shoulder area, and have been taking a break from training my upper body. In light of this, I have been focusing on my lower body and cardio. Lower body has also been a strong set for me, and although i never skip leg day, I have not put the same frequency and volume into training that i have with my upper body. I will be using SCIVATION's Flexatril and Xtend Perform and pushing my training past previous limitations. This will be a dual product log for two weeks. I would like to thank Scivation and TheSolution for this awesome opportunity.

Up until my injury I have been doing 1.5-2 hours of LISS cardio a day, 2 hrs heavy training 4-5 days a week. my caloric intake has been roughly 3000 cals on training days and 2000 cals on rest days. I was training legs once a week, and included no HIIT Cardio, all high intensity work came from training.

During this time of recovery for said injury I am focusing on further recomping my body. I will be maintaining a keto based diet with some carb intake peri-workout, as well as intermittent fasting on my active rest days. In order to train legs more effectively and get more out strength wise i will be pulling back on the cardio. 45mins to an hour LISS everyday 5-8 Hours prior to training, I will be adding in HIIT sessions after my weight training, and on some rest days depending on recovery and energy. I will be aiming to train legs 3 times a week. I will be pulling various training techniques from Mountain-dog training, Fortitude Training, Kris Gethin DTP and DC Training. I will be using super sets, drop sets, negatives, pause reps and tabata. I will also take on any challenges and consider suggestions that TheSolution or any of the followers propose.

The real challenge of this will be in the types of lifts I can do for legs. since my Injury is in the trap area it is very difficult for me to train squats while stabilizing the bar. I have attempted to go heavy, and once I add an adequate weight it bothers my shoulder... There are a few machines I can still use, so i will be focusing on those and adding in intensifiers. I can go all out on Smith Machine Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions and Leg Curls. I can also use the Precor Super Squat Machine Facing Outward with my back to the pad.

My Stats:
Male
5'11
215lbs
10%BF

Flexatril I will be loading 6 tabs a day for the first 10 days, then down to 3 a day. I regularly have knee pain and have to train around it. I have been taking fish oil and cissus for a while, I will continue taking 2-4 grams of fish oil, but will be stopping the cissus while taking Flexatril.

Xtend Perform I will be drinking one serving pre-workout, 2 servings intra-workout on training days and 1 serving pre hiit-cardio on active rest days. I normally am a big proponent of periworkout nutrition. I use mega dosed bcaa and eaas with karbolyn or HBCD intra workout. I am going to be limiting my intraworkout supplementation to xtend perform, on some days i will add in some karbolyn depending on my carb intake and training needs.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some info about the products:

Scivation_Xtend_Perform_and_Flexatril_1.jpg

Scivation XTEND PERFORM combines the trusted and tested performance of Scivation XTEND with PEAKO2, a novel, university researched and patent-pending blend of performance-enhancing† compounds to help you discover an entirely new level of training and achievement.Research conducted at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, suggests that consuming just 4 grams daily of PEAKO2 for only 7 days may help increase maximum power output and anaerobic peak strength, and after just 21 days, may further improve oxygen utilization during exercise and prolong time to exhaustion.

Scivation XTEND PERFORM contains 7 grams of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) per serving. No hiding, no tricks, no “padding” from cheap or completely random amino acids. Each serving of Scivation XTEND contains 3.5 grams of Leucine to stimulate muscle protein synthesis plus 1.75 grams of Valine and 1.75 grams of Isoleucine.
KEY FEATURES:
7g of 2:1:1 BCAAs
2g of PEAKO2 – Patent-Pending and Tested
3.5g of Leucine to Trigger Muscle Protein Synthesis
2.5 Glutamine
1g of Citrulline Malate
Electrolytes for Improved Performance
KEY BENEFITS:
Supports Muscle Growth & Peak Strength
Supports Recovery & Improves O2 Uptake
Helps Increase Maximum Power Output†
May Improve Oxygen Utilization During Exercise
Replenishes Electrolytes

Flexatril is a brand new joint supplement from the brand known as the leader in the BCAA market.
Flexatril seems far different than any joint products, and is getting rave beta tester reviews.
Flexatril maintains a lean profile that uses three patented, clinically proven ingredients all intended to help increase joint mobility and mitigate any joint discomfort. Unfortunately, the label is proprietary so we don’t know exactly how much of each ingredient we’re getting.
MicroLactin®

Flextaril uses several patented ingredients to compile a rather unique profile for a joint supplement.
MicroLactin® is a patented type of milk obtained from lactating cows who were given immunostimulants. Developed by Stolle Milk Biologics, Inc., MicroLactin® is similar to regular milk protein concentrations, but with a significantly higher Immunoglobulin G (IgG) relative to standard milk protein concentrates.
Clinical trials using MicroLactin® found that it reduced minor pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee[1], as well as improved symptoms of stiffness and mobility.[2]
These studies used doses between 4g and 9g of microlactin, which isn’t what you’ll be getting in one serving of Flexatril, but you should still see some noticeable improvements in joint articulation and comfort. We just can’t guarantee the same results as those studies.
AyuFlex® Chebulic Myrobalan

This, in our opinions, is the key ingredient, and the one that all of the beta testers have been “feeling” (or helping them not feel as much joint pain):
Terminalia Chebula, also known as Haritaki, is a tree indigenous to Southeast Asia, found predominantly in India, China, and Vietnam whose fruit is ripe with compounds known to exert powerful anti inflammatory and antioxidative effects in the body.
Research shows that extracts of this fruit have a powerful and reactive oxygen species scavenging activity, which basically means once ingested it gets to work removing hazardous free radicals from the body.[3]
Why is this important?

The accumulation of free radicals and prolonged oxidative stress put the body in a very inflammatory state, which isn’t ideal for achy joints.
Additionally, extracts of Terminalia Chebula have been documented to increase pain threshold and tolerance compared to placebo.[4] So even though your joints may still cause pain from time to time, supplementing with Flexatril should go along way to improving your body’s response to the discomfort.
Because of this, we think this is the reason that beta testers were reporting such great workouts after using Flexatril.
Sensoril® is the well-known patented extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), frequently used for its adaptogenic, stress-reducing properties. Ashwagandha is particularly effective at reducing levels of cortisol, a.k.a the “stress hormone”.[5]That’s not all though, additional research on the herb suggests it can benefit those with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, human clinical trial found that supplementing with Ashwagandha decreased RA scores as well as tender joint counts, swollen joint counts, and overall joint assessment score.[6]
Lactase (125 Active Lactase Units)

Last, but not least, we have lactase, which may seem strange to include in a joint supplement, but it’s actually quite appropriate. Lactase is an enzyme required by the body to properly digest milk. If you’ve ever had some GI distress and bloating after drinking milk, it’s probably due to a mild lactose-intolerance.
Since the first ingredient in Flexatril is derived from milk, it stands to reason that including a digestive enzyme will help ease any upset stomachs and ensure your body makes the most of all the joint ingredients contained within each pill.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Final Review:

Flexatril:

I took this while healing a shoulder injury, so i decided to focus on hitting legs three days a week. I ran a sponsored log for this along with Xtend Preform. This was done for 3-4 weeks and was an overreaching period in my training. I started this product at the loading dosage, and finished the bottle on standard dosing once the loading phase was complete. within three days my chronic knee pains were gone and i was able to go deeper on my squats pain free. This product is quite possibly the best joint supplement I've ever used. the proof is in the pudding, within 10 days of the sponsored log i bought myself a bottle to continue with afterwards. This product is phenomenal. Easily rated 10 of 10

Xtend Preform

I ran this while healing a shoulder injury, so i decided to focus on hitting legs three days a week. I ran a sponsored log for this along with Flexatril. This was done for 3-4 weeks and was an overreaching period in my training. I used many intensity techniques including rest-pause sets, widow-makers, drop sets, super-sets and accumulation sets. I added in HIIT cardio bouts as well. once I introduced Perform my recover between sets immediately improved. I was often hitting heavy sets of squats and leg press for volume and drinking Xtend Perform in between. I definitely noticed a recharge effect which greatly helped me continue hitting it hard.

Taste wise this product is great, Black Cherry. Xtend has always been one of the best flavored supplements I've had.

Mix-ability was excellent, a few light shakes and good to go.

Digestibility was fine, no issues.

all in all another great performance product. If you are looking for a training aide that can improve recovery, performance and strength, i would recommend Xtend Perform.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Drop the serving to 1 pre and 1 intra, not 2 intra for xtend perform.

Really want to see your feedback on:

Recovery, Performance, Endurance, and day to day recovery.
Also keep in touch about the difference in doms, less rest between exercises, and improved strength/reps you notice as peak 02 output increases over time. The intensity techniques will be perfect to see how you respond to the supplement.

Flexatril dosing is spot on 6 for 7-10 and then from 3 there on out. Just try to keep all other factors consistent besides the addition of peak02 and flexatril and be honest and detailed!

If you are using Karoblyn daily, continue to do so but swap out your BCAA Beverage with the xtend perform. If you drop 50-100g of carbs then yes your performance will drop greatly.

1Fast400

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Drop the serving to 1 pre and 1 intra, not 2 intra for xtend perform.

Really want to see your feedback on:

Recovery, Performance, Endurance, and day to day recovery.
Also keep in touch about the difference in doms, less rest between exercises, and improved strength/reps you notice as peak 02 output increases over time. The intensity techniques will be perfect to see how you respond to the supplement.

Flexatril dosing is spot on 6 for 7-10 and then from 3 there on out. Just try to keep all other factors consistent besides the addition of peak02 and flexatril and be honest and detailed!

If you are using Karoblyn daily, continue to do so but swap out your BCAA Beverage with the xtend perform. If you drop 50-100g of carbs then yes your performance will drop greatly.

1Fast400
Ok will do brother. Got it covered. I was using karbolyn for my heavy training days, 3 days a week. I will do the same for this log as you say.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 1
Flexatril: 6 tabs
Perform: 1 serving Pre-workout, 1 Serving Intra-workout

1 hr Fasted AM Cardio, MISS Arc Trainer (levels 6 /15)
45 mins Midday Cardio, Walking Outside
PM Training:

Training Overview:

Leg extensions:
1 set of 50
3 sets of 30

Precor Super Squat
3 sets x 2 plates x 20
3 plates x 15
4 plates x 12
5 plates x 12

Leg Extensions:
3 sets to failure
1 set of 100 rest pause

lying leg curls
3 sets of 10-12 w/ 8 sec negatives

Calf Raises
3 sets x failure, high rep, light weight with full stretch at bottom, full contraction at top

First impressions of Perform: Black Cherry is phenomenal, mixes great, tastes great, i will enjoy drinking this stuff!

thoughts: a lot of commotion today so workout was slightly side tracked, I was bouncing around the gym, and dont remember all the weights used, it was a hectic night. Perform gave me surprisingly good energy throughout. i was very impressed. I am no stranger to intra-workout nutrition, but this felt alot different. however I was most impressed by Flexatril. On the super squats i was going way lower than parallel, which is normally not possible due to the knee pain. It was like i just wd-40'd my joints. This is after one day of taking... Also I did not need to use my knee wraps, and once i usually hit 4 plates i will need them. not tonight. I am very pleased by these products so far.

Day 2
Flexatril: 6 tabs
Perform: 1 serving Pre-HIIT Cardio

Midday Cardio: 45 mins walking outside
PM Cardio 20 mins HIIT on elliptical: 30 mins MISS Arc trainer (levels 6 /15)

HIIT Breakdown (elliptical)
2 mins jog (0 resistance)
30 sec sprint (10 resistance)
30 sec sprint (10 resistance)
30 sec sprint (12 resistance)
30 sec sprint (15 resistance)
2.5 mins jog (0 resistance)
30 sec sprint (25 resistance)

Thoughts: Today was a fasted day. I broke fast post cardio. I have not done HIIT in a LONG time, this felt awesome. I aimed to do 10 mins, but kept going. I was drenched in 20 mins. Heart rate was up to 165bpm on sprints and down to about 140bpm in between intervals. Finished it off with 30 mins on arc trainer, was pushing for an hour, but my calf was cramping and I really did more than expected on HIIT.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NOW that is good info...
Day 1 and a believer for Flexatril!
Good feedback man.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 3

Midday Cardio: Walking Outside
PM Training: Legs

Flexatril 6 tabs
XTEND Perform 1 serving Pre workout w/25g karbolyn, 1 serving intra workout with 50g karbolyn

Training Overview:

Smith machine squats:
Full ROM, Slightly below parallel, feet shoulder width apart
1 - 25 each side x 10
1 - 45, 1 - 25 each side x 10
2 - 45s, 1 - 25 each side x 10
3 - 45s, 1 - 25 each side x 10

Smith machine squats:
W/ stoppers set to parallel, once bar hits, explode up
4 - 45s & 1 - 25 each side x 1 (failure on second rep)
4 - 45s each side x 2 drop 3 - 45s x 5
3 - 45s each side x 10
3 - 45s each side x 10
3 - 45s each side x 10 drop 2-45s x 10 drop 1 - 45 x 10

Seated leg curl (supersetted with last three sets of squats)
100 x 12
100 x 12
205 x 5 drop 145 x 10 drop 70 x 15

Lying leg curl with slow negatives and explosive positives
125 x 10
125 x8(failure)
110x9.5

Superset

Leg extensions - 21s (7 reps at your half range, 7 at bottom half range, 7 full reps)
100 x 21
130 x 21
145 x 21
Lying leg curl
110 x 10 drop 80x 10 drop 50 x 10 95 x 25partial reps to failure

Leg extensions
295 x 6 drop 190x5 drop 100x5 drop 55x11(failure)

Thoughts: great workout, completely wiped out and had minimal knee pain. I used knee wraps for most of the squats. Overall I felt exhausted after most of the drop sets and some of the heavy squat sets, I then drank my intra drink and rested a minute and carried on. Great energy and drive on this one. I would have stayed longer as I had more I wanted to do, but it got cut short. This weekend I will attempt to hit the full routine I planned out.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subd

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome bro. Are you running this as well?
Ran a full tub of Perform and finished a week ago. Doing 2 weeks (1 more) of my old intra (Compete) and then hopping back on (along with the Flexatril).

When I ran it last time, it was after 3 weeks off due to surgery. I wanted to get a better assessment of how it works during a regular scenario. Looking forward to hopping back on because intensity in the gym may be down a bit, but the one day I've tried so far playing basketball without it really sucked lol. I'll have a real assessment on Sunday after I play ball again.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice bro. Yea so far I'm really enjoying it. The combo has been great for me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Look forward to the full routine and some more feedback as you continually use the products.
Flexatril and perform should really start peaking come day 7 at the latest, but as you have noted the flexatril is already shining.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look forward to the full routine and some more feedback as you continually use the products.
Flexatril and perform should really start peaking come day 7 at the latest, but as you have noted the flexatril is already shining.
Yea dude I hit most of it but my strength was a little off and in combination with the time restraints of the gym, it being 9:30 at night... Alot of factors that impacted me. This weekend I'm going on vacation and will give myself some more food I'm sure. Definitely throw in a high carb day and will use to fuel my training. Also will train during the day at this really nice gym, so looking to hit it hard again and get the full routine done.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 4
Nutrition: intermittent fasting, no carbs

Midday Cardio: Walking outside 2 hrs straight, no stops

Flexatril 6 tabs

Thoughts:
Went on vacation, had to drive 4 hours and sit in traffic. I fasted throughout the day, got to my destination and went for a long 2 hour walk by the beach. Got some sun. Then gotnhome, took a nice long nap, woke up for a protein heavy dinner. Pork loin, homemade burgers, no bun, and some marinaded grilled chicken and veggies. Had a salad as well, some Amino's and went back to sleep. Tomorrow is training.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 5

Midday Training: Legs

Flexatril 6 tabs
XTEND Perform 1 serving Pre workout, 1 serving intra workout with 50g karbolyn

Training Overview:

Smith machine squats:
Slightly below parallel, feet shoulder width apart

Set 1: 1 - 45 each side x 10
Set 2: 2 - 45s each side x 10
Set 3: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 4: 4 - 45s each side x 10
Set 5: 4 - 45s & 1 - 25 each side x 7 drop 3 - 45s x 10 drop 2 - 45s x 10 drop 1 - 45 x 20 partials (constant TUT. Rom from parallel at bottom to middle of rep, then back down) I had my little brother strip all the plates so the drops happened very quickly, I didn't move from under the bar.

Smith machine squats:
Banded with red elitefts mini bands. Focused on TUT, stopped just before lockout at the top, reps done to parallel at bottom

Set 6: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 7: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 8: 3 - 45s each side x 10 drop 2-45s x 10 drop 1 - 45 x 10

Leg press
Set 9: 4 - 45s each side x 50
Set 10: 6 - 45s each side x 40
Set 11: 8 - 45s each side x 20 (rest pause)
Set 12: 10 - 45s each side x 8 drop 6 - 45s x 15

Calf press on leg press w/weighted intra set stretches
Set 1: 3 - 45s each side x 30 reps, 30 sec stretch, 20 reps
Set 2: 3 - 45s each side x 30 reps, 30 sec stretch, 20 reps, 20 sec stretch, 10 reps Set 3: 3 - 45s each side x 30 reps, 30 sec stretch, 20 reps, 20 sec stretch, 10 reps 10 sec stretch, 5 reps, 5 sec stretch, 2 reps

Seated calf raise
25 plate on each side
4 sets to failure (around 15-20 reps a set) 30 secs rest in between sets
5th set added a 45 on top of the 25 on each side. Did that weight to failure, dropped the 45s then did that to failure.

Lying leg curl with slow 8-10 sec negatives and explosive positives
Set 1: 115 x 10
Set 2: 115 x 9
Set 3: 115 x 9

Superset

Leg extensions - 21s (7 reps at your half range, 7 at bottom half range, 7 full reps)
Set 1: 115 x 21
Set 2: 145 x 21
Set 3: 165 x 21

Lying leg curl: drop set
115 x 10 drop 80x 10 drop 65 x 10 then back up to 95, did 25 (constant TUT)
partial reps to failure

Leg extension drop set, each round to failure
300 x 7 drop 150x10 drop 75x13 (last 5 were partials)

Thoughts:
I woke up today after a nice long sleep. Since the day before I was fasting, I made sure I got in alot of nutrition to fuel my workout. Two scoops of whey with a large bowl of oatmeal, a handful of strawberries, three whole eggs and 4 slices of natural no nitrate turkey bacon. I drank a half gallon on water with some taurine and Amino's, got in all my vitamins, 3 caps of flexatril and went back to sleep for two hours. When I woke up I hit the gym. My whole mindset of the day was centered around training. Beautiful gym, ton of equipment, but I stuck to what I needed and knew and knocked it out of the park.

In the gym I noticed a large vein coming in from my ankle up the side of my calf to my knee. I was pretty excited about this. One of my goals this year has been to lean out in my legs. This obviously is a good sign. Also since Ive increased my frequency of leg training it must be paying off.

Much stronger, great performance and absolutely wiped out when i left!

Tomorrow I will push to do a light to moderate weight arm session and some HIIT cardio. Maybe some ab training as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
With all the intensity techniques how didnuournperformanxe alter or too soon to tell?

Did you find your endurance strong from start to finish?

Brutal looking workout
Thank god for flexatril

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With all the intensity techniques how didnuournperformanxe alter or too soon to tell?

Did you find your endurance strong from start to finish?

Brutal looking workout
Thank god for flexatril
Truthfully that was the most intense workout considering the volume. I would normally aim to do a workout like this and almost always cut it short. Basically cut it in half. I had more time, but the squats absolutely left me drained. I was drinking perform about every two sets, and definitely after all the drop sets. I would say the difference with perform was absolutely apparent with the drop sets and the banded squats. Those are things I just don't do. Also I have to point out that my recovery today is great. I'm not very sore. We will wait till tomorrow to see about the Dom's, but so far so good. And as far as the flexatril, just phenomenal product! I would not be able to be increasing this leg volume and intensity so much without it. This combo of products is absolutely awesome for those overreaching and or focusing on improving performance.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Truthfully that was the most intense workout considering the volume. I would normally aim to do a workout like this and almost always cut it short. Basically cut it in half. I had more time, but the squats absolutely left me drained. I was drinking perform about every two sets, and definitely after all the drop sets. I would say the difference with perform was absolutely apparent with the drop sets and the banded squats. Those are things I just don't do. Also I have to point out that my recovery today is great. I'm not very sore. We will wait till tomorrow to see about the Dom's, but so far so good. And as far as the flexatril, just phenomenal product! I would not be able to be increasing this leg volume and intensity so much without it. This combo of products is absolutely awesome for those overreaching and or focusing on improving performance.
That right there is GOLDEN

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry fellas was on vacation, still getting everything together. But I will post the past few days to follow

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 6

Midday Training: Arms

Flexatril 6 tabs
XTEND Perform 1 serving Pre workout, 1 serving intra workout

Training Overview:

Just kept bouncing around and hitting high reps for pump and volume. As stated previously I am healing from an injury and just wanted to get a nice pump in. I lifted for around 1.5 hrs, then did a HIIT cardio routine

Elliptical trainer:
1 min (0 resistance) light jog
30 sec (14 resistance) sprint
30 sec (15 resistance) sprint
30 sec (16 resistance) sprint
30 sec (17 resistance) sprint
30 sec (18 resistance) sprint
30 sec (19 resistance) sprint
30 sec (20 resistance) sprint
2 min (0 resistance) light jog
30 sec (15 resistance) sprint
2 min (0 resistance) light jog

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 7

Rest day

Flexatril 6 tabs

Fasted through entire day, drank some XTEND bcaas and walked around seeing some sights. All in all spent around 4-5 hours on my feet so some good cardio. At this point joint pain is gone! Feeling great. My legs have been sore, but I have been able to keep training and training hard so no issues there, definitely needed this day to rest. Tommorow will train again.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 8

Midday Training: Legs

Flexatril 6 tabs

Training Overview:

Smith machine squats:
Slightly below parallel, feet shoulder width apart

Set 1: 1 - 45 each side x 10
Set 2: 2 - 45s each side x 10
Set 3: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 4: 4 - 45s each side x 10

Smith machine squats:
Banded with red elitefts mini bands. Focused on TUT, stopped just before lockout at the top, reps done to parallel at bottom
Set 5: 4 - 45s each side x 10
Set 6: 4 - 45s each side x 8
Set 7: 4 - 45s each side x 8

Set 8: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 9: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 10: 3- 45s each side x 15
Set 11: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 12: 3 - 45s each side x 10
Set 13: 3 - 45s each side x 12

Set 14: Drop set

4 45s x 5
drop
3 45s x 10
drop
2 45s x 15
drop
1 45 x 20 partials (constant TUT. Rom from parallel at bottom to middle of rep, then back down)

I had someone strip all the plates so the drops happened very quickly, I didn't move from under the bar.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any feedback from the last few days you can note on flexatril or perform?
Welcome back buddy!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any feedback from the last few days you can note on flexatril or perform?
Welcome back buddy!
The flexatril has been awesome. My usual pain in my left knee hasn't been present and my joints are smooth as butter lol. The perform is great too. I felt that from day one. I am basically overreaching with leg training and this combo has been super effective for me. Just finished another leg workout. Will post up in a lil bit

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As you move from loading to a general dose (3 caps) it would be great to see the differences you feel.
Any other joints feel the benefit of flexatril? How are the rest of your joints besides your knee holding up. Do you feel a benefit to your shoulders, elbows while on the flexatril with mobility?

How do you feel recovery has been day to day?
During your workout are you noticing less rest per set or per exercise?
Strength wise any changes in PR's or intensity techniques?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll get my new log up asap, but just wanted to say -- 2 days back on Perform and I am sold.

My new intra -- no substitution. Could have played ball for endless hours today.

Unreal.

You came up with a winner here.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll get my new log up asap, but just wanted to say -- 2 days back on Perform and I am sold.

My new intra -- no substitution. Could have played ball for endless hours today.

Unreal.

You came up with a winner here.
And you were skeptical on that first bottle after you came off a surgery
Brother I don't play that :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And you were skeptical on that first bottle after you came off a surgery
Brother I don't play that :)
I knew it was good, but didn't want to make any bold claims with a variable THAT big.

I can safely say I love this stuff. I don't notice THAT big of a difference in the gym (I do; just not as pronounced), but playing ball it is night and day.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As you move from loading to a general dose (3 caps) it would be great to see the differences you feel.
Any other joints feel the benefit of flexatril? How are the rest of your joints besides your knee holding up. Do you feel a benefit to your shoulders, elbows while on the flexatril with mobility?

How do you feel recovery has been day to day?
During your workout are you noticing less rest per set or per exercise?
Strength wise any changes in PR's or intensity techniques?
Today will be my second training day after moving from loading dose to maintenance dose. I can say that I have not noticed any differences yet, everything still feels good. Training Legs on flexatril has really been great for me, I will be keeping as my joint supp after this bottle is up. I actually have been doing light arm and shoulder routines for high reps on my no leg training days. My shoulder has been feeling much better despite being injured. I'm sure some of this can be due to the flexatril. I think it is a great supplement to add into recovery as I notice inflammation in my knees has gone down, I'm sure the same can be said for my shoulder. Elbows have usually not been much of an issue for me, only after a heavy triceps workout with heavy skulls, but since I haven't done these I've had no pain at all in that area.

My overall day to day recovery with perform has been great. I have never attempted to do so much leg work before. I have been able to keep hitting legs hard which basically speaks for itself. I have not been very sore at all since adding perform in. Very little DOMS of any at all. I have aimed to keep the weight higher and keep longer breaks to recover, but in the drops sets I have noticed absolute changes in performance. Some of those sets I do are so intense, especially with the partial tut reps that I used to cut then short of my initial aim going in. My last workout I was able to hit the target without stopping.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 9

Midday cardio: 1 hr walking outside

Flexatril 6 tabs
XTEND Perform 1 serving Pre workout

Did some light shoulder and arm work, high rep, mobility and stretching. Got a good pump.

Day 10

Flexatril 6 tabs

Training Overview:

Smith Machine Squats
slightly below parallel

1 45 each side x 15
2 45's each side x 10
3 45' each side x 10
4 45's each side x 10
4 45's & 1 25 each side x 6

Smith Machine Squats
Double banded with stops set to slightly below parallel, very rep hit the stops, then explode up

2 45's each side x 10
2 45's each side x 10
2 45's each side x 10
3 45's each side x 5 drop 2 45's x 5

Leg press

5 45's each side x 50
7 45's each side x 40
9 45's each side x 30
11 45's each side x 20

Lying leg press

95 x 10 slow negatives

115 x 10 drop 95 x 10 drop 65 x 10 then back to 95 x 23 partials reps to failure (lower mid to upper mid range of motion, constant TUT)

Thoughts:

Had a solid workout, added extra set of band to squats and dropped the weights, this definitely brought a new dynamic to it. Leg press keep most of the tension of my quads. My next workout will be more hamstring dominant. By the next workout or two for legs I will redo my large routine I did last week and see how my numbers compare.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Today will be my second training day after moving from loading dose to maintenance dose. I can say that I have not noticed any differences yet, everything still feels good. Training Legs on flexatril has really been great for me, I will be keeping as my joint supp after this bottle is up. I actually have been doing light arm and shoulder routines for high reps on my no leg training days. My shoulder has been feeling much better despite being injured. I'm sure some of this can be due to the flexatril. I think it is a great supplement to add into recovery as I notice inflammation in my knees has gone down, I'm sure the same can be said for my shoulder. Elbows have usually not been much of an issue for me, only after a heavy triceps workout with heavy skulls, but since I haven't done these I've had no pain at all in that area.

My overall day to day recovery with perform has been great. I have never attempted to do so much leg work before. I have been able to keep hitting legs hard which basically speaks for itself. I have not been very sore at all since adding perform in. Very little DOMS of any at all. I have aimed to keep the weight higher and keep longer breaks to recover, but in the drops sets I have noticed absolute changes in performance. Some of those sets I do are so intense, especially with the partial tut reps that I used to cut then short of my initial aim going in. My last workout I was able to hit the target without stopping.
This is beautiful.
Good to hear this feedback rolling in man. Stuff like this is what drives us to know if the product is worth its weight in gold. Love seeing this feedback as you continue the log!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 11

off day: One of the last weekends of summer!

Flexatril 3 tabs

Day 12

Flexatril 3 tabs

Training Overview:

Lying Leg Curls
65x12
85x12
115x12
125x10
130x6 drop 100x5 drop 85x3

superset

Seated Calf Extensions
95x20 x 5 sets

Precor Leg Press (angled foot plate)
Feet Positioned with heels at bottom on plate to focus on quads

4 plates each side x 25
5 plates each side x 25
6 plates each side x 25
7 plates each side x 25
8 plates each side x 20(rest pause to failure)

Precor Leg Press (angled foot plate)
Feet Positioned with heels at top on plate to focus on Hams

5 plates each side x 25
6 plates each side x 25
6 plates each side x 25 (rest pause to failure)

Lying Leg Curls (with 10 sec negatives)
115x10
115x8
115x6 w/ 2 partials(failure)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Keep Us in the loop now down to 3 tabs on flexatril

Eager to see the changes in your joints and of course fill us in in perform

Training looks brutal

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Keep Us in the loop now down to 3 tabs on flexatril

Eager to see the changes in your joints and of course fill us in in perform

Training looks brutal
Actually still nothing noticeable as far as joint pain on the three tabs so I'm happy as could be. Obviously my joints still bother me after a day of training like that, so today I will be resting to recover, but they are nowhere close to what they were pre-flexatril, they are not in pain at all, just need to recover with the rest of my body.

Perform is awesome because I feel like after I drink in between my sets, I am ready for another set. I have aimed to drink a swig very two sets and for the heaviest sets one swig after each. I am a big proponent of intras as ive detailed, but the differences of perform has been noticicable in the volume I've been doing for the poundages at hand. Also the day to day recovery.

This workout I wanted to use different equipment so I did the precor leg press which I personally don't like, but figured I'd make it work. I feel like leg press is so quad dominant as is, but I wanted to give it a shot. Some of these sets were so draining. The first couple for 25 reps I was far from failure, but cumulatively as I kept adding more weight and keeping the same reps it became very difficult. The one set I did 20 on I just couldn't hammer out that last five reps. This for me is the best kind of set, short of failing half way through a rep, thing with leg press is the weight is only going to crush you if that happens lol so instead of 21 reps I stopped at 20 using rest pause.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Detail is 10/10 man.. we greatly appreciate all the feedback you are posting in here.. Your an outstanding logger.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
1Fast400 I forgot to link you in here. Thank you again for the opportunity. Still got more left for the log. I'm loving this combo

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok fellas, I'm going to be hitting legs again tonight... I want some input.

Anything you guys want to hit?

Any programming you want me to do?

I was going to do some Tabata, sled pushes, high rep leg extensions and leg curls, DC calf training and some HIIT cardio.

Friday or Saturday I will be hitting my full routine from last week and try to compare the stats. Hoping I can gain some strentgh on some of the sets! But for today anyone have any torture techniques for me?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You want me to write you up a leg day routine that will put you in a wheelchair? That what your asking? :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 13

Flexatril: 3 caps

Rest day

Midday cardio: 45 mins walking outside

Day 14:

Flexatril: 3 caps

Perform:
1 scoop preworkout, 1 scoop intra

Midday cardio: 45 mins walking outside

Training Overview:

Leg Extensions & Lying Leg Curls Superset

Set 1: 70 x 50 extensions 70 x 50 curls
Set 2: 100 x 40 extensions 85 x 40 curls
Set 3: 130 x 30 extensions 115 x 30 curls
Set 4: 175 x 20 extensions 130 x 20 curls
Set 5: 220 x 10 extensions 160 x 10 curls

Set 6: Lying leg curls drop set:
115 x 10 drop 85 x 10 drop 55 x 10 drop 100 x 15 partial drop 70 x 15 partial

Set 7: Leg extension drop set:
260 x 10 drop 155 x 10 drop 80 x 10 back up to 155 x 7 lower, 7 upper, 7 full reps

Leg press:

heels on upper half of plate to target hamstrings more
Set 8: 2 plates each side x 50
Set 9: 3 plates each side x 40
Set 10: 4 plates each side x 30
Set 11: 5 plates each side x 20

Set 12: Drop set: 10 reps with heels at lowest part of plate to target quads, then 10 reps with heels on upper part of plate to target hamstrings, then drop and repeat. High rep burn out on last drop.

6 plates each side x 10 lower, 10 upper
Drop
5 plates each side x 10 lower, 10 upper
Drop
4 plates each side x 10 lower, 10 upper
Drop
3 plates each side x 10 lower, 10 upper
Drop
2 plates each side x 10 lower, 10 upper
Drop
1 plate each side x 50 lower, 50 upper
200 reps total

Thoughts:
I was very focused and intense tonight. I was well fueled, but have been without carbs for 4 days so far. I wanted to keep the reps high and push as much as possible. The first superset combo was draining. Once I finished the drop sets for each leg extension and leg curls I went to the leg press and for the first five sets kept the weight moderately heavy. I almost didn't feel like I was working hard enough. All that changed on the first ten reps of my last drop set. By the fourth drop I was in agony. That set was equivalent to a whole hour of cardio, I was drenched afterwards. As far as flexatril it is definitely working well. No knee wraps tonight. I had them but didn't need. Felt no pains at all. Also could tell perform was helping in between the first half of my workout especially. Some of those leg curl sets were so painful. I had to rest pause on sets 4 and 5.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 15

Rest day

Flexatril 3 tabs

Day 16

Midday cardio: 45 min walking outside

Flexatril 3 tabs

Training Overview:

Smith Machine Squats
slightly below parallel

Set 1: 1 45 each side x 10
Set 2: 2 45's each side x 10
Set 3: 3 45' each side x 10
Set 4: 4 45's each side x 8
Set 5: 4 45's & 1 25 each side x 8

Smith Machine Squats
banded with stops set to slightly below parallel, very rep hit the stops, then explode up

Set 6: 3 45's each side x 10
Set 7: 3 45's each side x 10
Set 8: 3 45's and 1 25 each side x 10 (rest pause) drop 2 45's 1 25 x 10 drop 1 45 & 1 25 x 10 drop 1 45 x 20 partials from bottom to mid rom, constant tut

Thoughts: the consistent stresses on my CNS have been adding up, but my recovery of my muscles has been great. I have basically moved to training very other day, which will flow nicely in the off season if I can keep this intensity. I was able to hit 4 plates and 1 25 each side for 7-8 reps which was more than last time. The last set I struggled through it, it was brutal, but iade it through. Very very taxing. After that anything else would have just been cutting into recovery. Flexatril still doing its magic. Joints feel like butter.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
next leg day:

4 sets of leg extension (last set triple drop)
4 sets of leg curl (last set double drop, then 30 partials)
do 2-3 warmups on leg press. then start at 1 plate a side, have 2 people add another plate every 7 reps and go till failure
10x10 on squats
then weighted lunges with DB's. Go up and down the gym until your legs give out

thank me later.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
next leg day:

4 sets of leg extension (last set triple drop)
4 sets of leg curl (last set double drop, then 30 partials)
do 2-3 warmups on leg press. then start at 1 plate a side, have 2 people add another plate every 7 reps and go till failure
10x10 on squats
then weighted lunges with DB's. Go up and down the gym until your legs give out

thank me later.
That sounds perfect. will do!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you have chains use chains instead of DB's

Another intense technique I like is 10-10-2-20 for extensions

10 reps at easy weight
Increase weight do 10 more
Double weight do 2 reps
Go to original weight and do 20

:)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

10 reps at easy weight
Double weight do 2 reps

Yeah that rep scheme sounds dope. I have been doing 21's with the leg Extensions recently which was cool. I'm going to try the 10-10-2-20.

As far as the lunges, I wish I had chains. I do have a little challenge with my shoulder though, I will try the dB's, but it might bother them. I can probly do 45s no prob.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah that rep scheme sounds dope. I have been doing 21's with the leg Extensions recently which was cool. I'm going to try the 10-10-2-20.

As far as the lunges, I wish I had chains. I do have a little challenge with my shoulder though, I will try the dB's, but it might bother them. I can probly do 45s no prob.
Do these if you have bad shoulders

[video=youtube;E-cCXkSi7IQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cCXkSi7IQ[/video]

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do these if you have bad shoulders

[video=youtube;E-cCXkSi7IQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-cCXkSi7IQ[/video]
I love these. I'm no stranger to meadows or the 6 ways. Recovering off an injury. Even with light weights it's a no go for now. That's why I'm focusing on legs three times a week while I heal up. Also why I have limitations in which owns I can do. I have done some light arms and shoulders stuff, including these but I came to the conclusion yesterday that I just need to let it be becuase it's just simply not helping the recovery.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

10 reps at easy weight
Double weight do 2 reps

So I wasn't able to complete this yet. I am aiming to hit it either today or tommorow to completion. I did however do some accumulation work, but was limited because I only had help for one set. I have been resting alot more because I want to heal up completely and not prolong this process. I have a very aggressive winter training plan and want to hit it full tilt. After I hit this last workout I will compare the numbers and post up my final reviews.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry for the delay on this. I was not able to complete the full workouts in a reasonable amount of time. Had some things come up which derailed me for a little bit. Minor setbacks. But all in all some great sessions were done and my training was very intense and I feel only possible at this load and volume due to the supplementation of flexatril and perform. Thanks you guys once again for the opportunity to run such great products!

Final review on post #3

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Final Review:

Flexatril:

I took this while healing a shoulder injury, so i decided to focus on hitting legs three days a week. I ran a sponsored log for this along with Xtend Preform. This was done for 3-4 weeks and was an overreaching period in my training. I started this product at the loading dosage, and finished the bottle on standard dosing once the loading phase was complete. within three days my chronic knee pains were gone and i was able to go deeper on my squats pain free. This product is quite possibly the best joint supplement I've ever used. the proof is in the pudding, within 10 days of the sponsored log i bought myself a bottle to continue with afterwards. This product is phenomenal. Easily rated 10 of 10

Xtend Preform

I ran this while healing a shoulder injury, so i decided to focus on hitting legs three days a week. I ran a sponsored log for this along with Flexatril. This was done for 3-4 weeks and was an overreaching period in my training. I used many intensity techniques including rest-pause sets, widow-makers, drop sets, super-sets and accumulation sets. I added in HIIT cardio bouts as well. once I introduced Perform my recover between sets immediately improved. I was often hitting heavy sets of squats and leg press for volume and drinking Xtend Perform in between. I definitely noticed a recharge effect which greatly helped me continue hitting it hard.

Taste wise this product is great, Black Cherry. Xtend has always been one of the best flavored supplements I've had.

Mix-ability was excellent, a few light shakes and good to go.

Digestibility was fine, no issues.

all in all another great performance product. If you are looking for a training aide that can improve recovery, performance and strength, i would recommend Xtend Perform.

1Fast400 is going to be loving this feedback.
Best joint product you have tried?
That is what i am talking about.
I would not let you down!!!