Gentlemen, GET IN HERE! P-Mag/I-GH-1 Log

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well i'm not so new to the site but i just started posting here as most of our reps rolled over to Taurus (still <3 you guys tho), mainly been over on bb.com. This will be my second PH run, decided on p-mag solo run with the addition of I-GH-1 and possibly Ghenerate soon. Just got all the products shipped, was waiting on nutraplanets 1 week shipping (raged). Will post pics of stack and current body pics tonight or tomorrow. Will be logging all facets of my day. Workout, mood, aggression, libido, strength etc. Any help and advice you guys can give will be much appreciated.

Starting a brand new split for this run, i will be doing Layne Norton's Power/Hypertrophy workout. I've never done something like this before, so hopefully being on p-mag will really help me adapt and succeed with this workout.

Diet will be 200g protein at least, and 3.5 cals. My maintenance is 2.6 or so. Might bump up cals but i don't want to gain too much fat as it's too close to summer to be bulking so much.

Support supps: NOW Adam multi, NOW celadrin (great joint support), Orange OxiMega fish oil. Will be drinking BC + EAA intra workout, and i bought some protein on sale so i'll be stocked. Also since i'm eating so many carbs i'm taking NeoVar as my creatine since it works great with carbs. Here's the cycle stats, feel free to make comments if you think it's needed.

Week 1-3
CEL P-Mag 75mg
Week 4-5
CEL P-Mag 100mg
Week 1-8
CEL Cycle Assist
LG I-GH-1
Week 6-9
Tamox Citrate (20/20/20/20)
Bulk DAA (3g)

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cant comment of the compound.
But laynes routine needs to cycled (power days need percentages of maxes to avoid burnout) also the hyper days are 1-2 reps short of failure to avoid burnout. This is the only way on a high volume, high frequency routine youll succeed, esp off cycle. Best of luck.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cant comment of the compound.
But laynes routine needs to cycled (power days need percentages of maxes to avoid burnout) also the hyper days are 1-2 reps short of failure to avoid burnout. This is the only way on a high volume, high frequency routine youll succeed, esp off cycle. Best of luck.
Thanks for the tip. I keep hearing you need to personalize the workout but i don't really know in what way. Figure i'll just rotate the compound exercises i.e. 4 weeks of flat bench then 4 weeks of incline then 4 weeks decline etc. I'll be careful on the hypertrophy days for sure. Iirc the power days are 70% of your 1rm. Thanks for commenting!

:cheers:

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This spot saved for progress pics before/after and comments.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the tip. I keep hearing you need to personalize the workout but i don't really know in what way. Figure i'll just rotate the compound exercises i.e. 4 weeks of flat bench then 4 weeks of incline then 4 weeks decline etc. I'll be careful on the hypertrophy days for sure. Iirc the power days are 70% of your 1rm. Thanks for commenting!

:cheers:
Well there alot of way to set this up. For power days id recommend something of 85% your 1RM as that would be the most accurate 5 rep max you have. Push hard for Prs for 3 weeks then deload the power days to 50% for a week or two for recovery. Also you can add some high volume stuff after the heavy stuff on the power days. And id pick more "power" movements if your gonna rotate. Like Flat Bench, Floor Press, Close Grip Press, Dead Bench. Squat, Box Squat, Deadlifts, Front Squats. Barbell Rows, Pendlay Rows, T-bar rows. Push press, Standing press. Romainian Deadlifts, Glute Ham Raises. You get the point. Movements more suited for 1-5 rep range, dont want to compromise joints when going heavy.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well there alot of way to set this up. For power days id recommend something of 85% your 1RM as that would be the most accurate 5 rep max you have. Push hard for Prs for 3 weeks then deload the power days to 50% for a week or two for recovery. Also you can add some high volume stuff after the heavy stuff on the power days. And id pick more "power" movements if your gonna rotate. Like Flat Bench, Floor Press, Close Grip Press, Dead Bench. Squat, Box Squat, Deadlifts, Front Squats. Barbell Rows, Pendlay Rows, T-bar rows. Push press, Standing press. Romainian Deadlifts, Glute Ham Raises. You get the point. Movements more suited for 1-5 rep range, dont want to compromise joints when going heavy.
Man, that's 100x more help in 2 posts than i got over on the forums over @ bb. On say upper body power day you're still only going to do 2 exercises per muscle group right? And then 1 bi and 1 tri? If you added anything more it would be a ton of volume and possibly kill yourself and not be able to hit the hypertrophy days due to soreness. And ya i deffinitely watch the joints as i have a bad left elbow and right shoulder. Taken me a long time and weakness to get them decent. Joint support goes only so far, i rarely flat bb bench because of the shoulder, well, heavy weight.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figured i'd post the stack pick. Everything there bought specifically for the damn cycle, although i needed more protein. Oh and the I-GH-1 and BC+EAA were obviously job perks :p.

Erm crap i can't post pics yet lol. BRB spamming forum to get 50 posts. lol

So far not much to report. Hypertrophy day today. Sleep has been decent, dreams a tick more vivid. Aggression and libido are a bit up which is noticable for me since both of those are typically low.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Heeey there Rhadam!
Hopefully AM will show ya more love than what bb commonly does :blink:
I'll be watching your progress man! Kick it!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heeey there Rhadam!
Hopefully AM will show ya more love than what bb commonly does :blink:
I'll be watching your progress man! Kick it!
Haha. Ya i do have my buds and then people who really really dislike me for some reason. Guess they don't like reps who speak their mind or tell it like it is. So far AM has been more than helpful. :)

Thanks for following, just saw your log, i'll be keeping tabs as well :D

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man, that's 100x more help in 2 posts than i got over on the forums over @ bb. On say upper body power day you're still only going to do 2 exercises per muscle group right? And then 1 bi and 1 tri? If you added anything more it would be a ton of volume and possibly kill yourself and not be able to hit the hypertrophy days due to soreness. And ya i deffinitely watch the joints as i have a bad left elbow and right shoulder. Taken me a long time and weakness to get them decent. Joint support goes only so far, i rarely flat bb bench because of the shoulder, well, heavy weight.
For your bench, look up "so you think you can bench" by dave tate/elite fts. A powerlifting style bench will take your shoulders out of the bench more and allow you to preform this lift safer for heavier weights.
An example upper power day would be like this:
Flat Bench-3 sets of 5 reps
Pec Deck-2 sets 8-10 (1-2 reps short failure)
Barbell Row-3 sets 5 reps
Medium Grip Pull-downs-2 sets 8-10 (1-2 reps short failure)
DB Overhead Press-2-3 sets 6-8
Barbell Curls-2-3 sets 6-8
Tricep Dips-2-3 sets 6-8
For sets id usually do a pyramid up.
So 3 sets of 5
First sets is 65%-70% 1RM, not to hard but still quality work
Second-75%-80% 1RM, harder, but not your 5 rep max yet
Third-85%, shoulde be very hard, try to get a rep PR on this set, all out, leave maybe 1 rep in the tank tho to not burn out. Then from there you can add weight to this set next week or shoot for even more reps. This will put some progression in the program.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha. Ya i do have my buds and then people who really really dislike me for some reason. Guess they don't like reps who speak their mind or tell it like it is. So far AM has been more than helpful. :)

Thanks for following, just saw your log, i'll be keeping tabs as well :D
hard to say what their problem is...alot are drunk with an overinflated sense of power and 'know it all-itis'...AM is DEF where it's at :yup:
Whhhhheeee!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For your bench, look up "so you think you can bench" by dave tate/elite fts. A powerlifting style bench will take your shoulders out of the bench more and allow you to preform this lift safer for heavier weights.
An example upper power day would be like this:
Flat Bench-3 sets of 5 reps
Pec Deck-2 sets 8-10 (1-2 reps short failure)
Barbell Row-3 sets 5 reps
Medium Grip Pull-downs-2 sets 8-10 (1-2 reps short failure)
DB Overhead Press-2-3 sets 6-8
Barbell Curls-2-3 sets 6-8
Tricep Dips-2-3 sets 6-8
For sets id usually do a pyramid up.
So 3 sets of 5
First sets is 65%-70% 1RM, not to hard but still quality work
Second-75%-80% 1RM, harder, but not your 5 rep max yet
Third-85%, shoulde be very hard, try to get a rep PR on this set, all out, leave maybe 1 rep in the tank tho to not burn out. Then from there you can add weight to this set next week or shoot for even more reps. This will put some progression in the program.
Sounds like a plan. I've watched their "so you think you can squat" and it's helped me a lot i think, even though i've always slacked on legs to the point of not even doing them. I'll check out the bench vid. Thank you so much for the help with the split, this second week coming up should go much much smoother.

hard to say what their problem is...alot are drunk with an overinflated sense of power and 'know it all-itis'...AM is DEF where it's at :yup:
Whhhhheeee!
Ya, lot of pretentious *******s really. Some guys are cool but some just bash and talk trash without ever even trying your products. Idiots.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably will post workouts next week once they start going smooth. Yesterday i did back/shoulder hypertrophy with 15 min of intense ab work and i can't count how many times i almost threw up. Was a killer workout, i'm loving Layne's split.

As far as thoughts on bodily changes... I really like NeoVar. Taking 2 capsules pre and post with carbs has been working great. I'm getting a great pump at the gym which i can either attribute to NeoVar or more intracellular water retention from P-Mag. Either way it's great. I'm extrememly pumped every day to workout, aggression and mood are very high. Dosing 1 cap breakfast and 2 caps pre-workout for P-Mag. Weight is still the same, but my hunger is going up every day so i can start really hitting 1k+ over maintenance. Eating has always been an issue for me as i struggled with horrible depression for many years where i just never ate. Anyways, so far so good, loving being on cycle. See ya'll tomorrow!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No problem man
Btw layne's more recommended layout is
Upper Power
Lower Power
HIIT
Chest/Back Hyper
Legs Hyper
Delts/Arms Hyper
HIIT
Repeat. Id try both. Do the Chest/Arm Back/Delts This cycle, then after deload try the other see which you like best.
If you need any help on legs, you can ask me too. I love training legs.
Best of luck on your cycle!
Neovar gives me good pumps too, so id give props to some of that for your pumps right now

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bumped up to 3 caps pre workout 2 post workout of Neovar, think that will roughly be my body weight; should reach saturation any time now i'm thinking. After running 1 full week, i think i will switch to chest/back, shoulders/arms for hypertrophy days.

My endurance and energy in the gym is amazing. For just jumping in to a split like Layne's i am killing it. P-mag is kicking, sleep is great from I-GH-1... i'm a very happy guy right now. Hopefully i'll hit 50 posts here soon to get some pics up. Have a great Easter everyone!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Upper Body Power workout for 4/25 (monday)
Bent over bb row:
4@175, 5@185, 4@185
Weighted Pullups:
12@0, 12@0
Rack Chins:
9, 8, 7
Flat DB Press:
5@70, 5@75, 5@85 (PR)
Weighted Dips:
9@70, 6@70
Hammer machine (flat chest):
6@140, 6@180, 6@200
Seated DB Shoulder Press:
10@55, 6@60, 5@65
Standing Row:
9@95, 7@105, 5@115
Standing bb curl:
8@80, 6@90, 7@80
Hammer Curl:
8@40, 7@40
Close Grip Bench:
10@115, 9@135, 5@155

Numbers feel great, next week i'm going for a few PRs, PRd flat db chest so that was nice. Feeling phenomenal. Aggression is there, recovery is doing well, although i won't be able to hit legs 2x a week as it's taking me a full week to recover. Would love to do legs today like i'm suppsed to buy my quads are still SO sore. Pumps from NeoVar are great, and sleep is deep off I-GH-1.

I've hit the 1 week mark and i've put on 1 solid lb, i wasn't able to increase my cals as much as i would have liked, but that just pisses me off and gives me motivation for the next 4. I can't complain about not gaining fat though. I've been destroying workouts and doing abs almost every day. I'm looking more defined and "bigger" but i'm also getting more ab definition.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh, now that i'm past 50 posts...

Typically a bit more than i would spend on a run, but i bought 3 tubs of protein and Cycle Support instead of just NAC. Will be running NAC through PCT once Cycle Support runs out. Also wanted to get rid of this bulk DAA so i can buy SNS's DAA.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Upper Body Power workout for 4/25 (monday)
Bent over bb row:
4@175, 5@185, 4@185
Weighted Pullups:
12@0, 12@0
Rack Chins:
9, 8, 7
Flat DB Press:
5@70, 5@75, 5@85 (PR)
Weighted Dips:
9@70, 6@70
Hammer machine (flat chest):
6@140, 6@180, 6@200
Seated DB Shoulder Press:
10@55, 6@60, 5@65
Standing Row:
9@95, 7@105, 5@115
Standing bb curl:
8@80, 6@90, 7@80
Hammer Curl:
8@40, 7@40
Close Grip Bench:
10@115, 9@135, 5@155

Numbers feel great, next week i'm going for a few PRs, PRd flat db chest so that was nice. Feeling phenomenal. Aggression is there, recovery is doing well, although i won't be able to hit legs 2x a week as it's taking me a full week to recover. Would love to do legs today like i'm suppsed to buy my quads are still SO sore. Pumps from NeoVar are great, and sleep is deep off I-GH-1.

I've hit the 1 week mark and i've put on 1 solid lb, i wasn't able to increase my cals as much as i would have liked, but that just pisses me off and gives me motivation for the next 4. I can't complain about not gaining fat though. I've been destroying workouts and doing abs almost every day. I'm looking more defined and "bigger" but i'm also getting more ab definition.
Way to much volume and missing the point of "power" in upper power. Keep it shorter and simple, Rows, 1-2 sets of chins, Flat DB, 1-2 sets of dips, Delts, traps, bis, tris. That is way over enough, esp since you have volume dedicated days later in the week. Dont burn yourself out. BTW good numbers

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Way to much volume and missing the point of "power" in upper power. Keep it shorter and simple, Rows, 1-2 sets of chins, Flat DB, 1-2 sets of dips, Delts, traps, bis, tris. That is way over enough, esp since you have volume dedicated days later in the week. Dont burn yourself out. BTW good numbers
I think the problem is that i hit the gym with so much intensity and power that i want to do as much as i can and lift as heavy as i can, and i'm still basically fully recovered for hypertrophy days. I'll drop the whole thing down, go a bit heavier next week and see how that goes. It's just hard for me to only do 2 things for each muscle group, i feel like i'm not getting the most out of the workout... i guess i just need to trust the plan. Thanks again for the help haha, and keeping me in line :p

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ur Tellin me that going to a 5 rep max on presses and row doesnt tire you out? Maybe you should try to work harder on the your "power" moves. Lets change the excersises and see how you feel? Weighted dips/Bench then do 2 sets of flat db press for 10-20 reps with lil rest. Pendlay rows/DB Rows then do 2 sets of pull-ups for 10-20 reps with lil rest. Push press- 3 sets of 3. Barbell Shrugs-3 sets of 6-8. Barbell Cheat Curls-3 sets 6-8. Tate Press/Rolling Tricep Press-3 sets 8-12. Then for lower power id do. Squat. Leg press 2 sets 10-20. Deadlift. Glute Ham Raises 2 sets. Standing Calf Raises. Seated Calf Raises. Core Work. This should make it a lil harder.