What does everyone think (particularly those Chemisty majors)

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone...just thought I'd share something I'd realized today and wanted to get everyone elses opinion on it. So I've been reading lately a lot on the threads about SD, Masterdrol, PP, and all the other new designer steroids out there, and i usually look at the chemical structure of them. I know SD is often compared to Masterdrol, but they are completely different chemical compounds. Then I looked at the chemical compound of Phera-Plex which happens to be (17a-Methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol). I also looked at the structure of Masterdrol (by legal gear) and it is (17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one,17b-ol). Wouldnt it be safer to say that PP and Masterdrol resemble eachother more than SD and Masterdrol? I know the compounds still arent the same, but just a similarity that i happened to pick up on..wonder if anyone else can ellaborate on it a little bit more..

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone...just thought I'd share something I'd realized today and wanted to get everyone elses opinion on it. So I've been reading lately a lot on the threads about SD, Masterdrol, PP, and all the other new designer steroids out there, and i usually look at the chemical structure of them. I know SD is often compared to Masterdrol, but they are completely different chemical compounds. Then I looked at the chemical compound of Phera-Plex which happens to be (17a-Methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol). I also looked at the structure of Masterdrol (by legal gear) and it is (17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one,17b-ol). Wouldnt it be safer to say that PP and Masterdrol resemble eachother more than SD and Masterdrol? I know the compounds still arent the same, but just a similarity that i happened to pick up on..wonder if anyone else can ellaborate on it a little bit more..
Well, I know that the etioallocholan (sp?) is just a different way of writing the chemical name for andro. Also, when looking at the substances, PP is mostly 2-ene isomer, whereas Masterdrol is a 3-one isomer. Shifting the isomer can radically change the characteristics of the substance. Hence the difference between PP and SD, PP is a bit more 'wet' and SD and Masterdrol are 'dry'. Similar structure, but with a few tweaks, can be something completely different. Just my 0.02 from taking a semester of Organic Chemistry I. I'm sure that guys like Klaus, DR. D, and others can answer your question a bit more in depth than I have. :)

**Edit**
One can never assume two steroids are similar in effect if they are similar structurally. A seemingly slight structural modification can drastically change the hormone's properties.
:goodpost: What he said.

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys.. i knew that the compounds were indeed different, and although they were similiar were not the same..I am currently a Biology Pre-Med student but my knowledge is not extensive enough to really know the chemical differences amongst the two...But it was just somethign that I found interesting, thanks guys for the elaborations..:afro: