Chat? Also what games does everyone play?

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
So I'm sure some of you guys play mobile games or use some type of messenger client on your computer. Just curious if there might be a chat group somewhere for us AM folks?..

The game I play is Lord's mobile. I've been playing it for about 2 years now. It helped me to stay occupied when I had too much time on my hands during early sobriety. Also served as an alternative thing to waste money on. Money was a trigger for a long time lol.. For the better communication outside the game, most users have Line Messenger. I'm in it all the time. It's fun to share memes and stickers with friends from all over the world.

I was just thinking this morning that It'd be kinda cool because then people could discuss their training, diet, or fitness stuffs in more real time. Being able to ask a quick question and get feedback in real time would be awesome for stuff that doesn't warrant making a thread.

Thoughts? What games do you guys play?

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So I'm sure some of you guys play mobile games or use some type of messenger client on your computer. Just curious if there might be a chat group somewhere for us AM folks?..

The game I play is Lord's mobile. I've been playing it for about 2 years now. It helped me to stay occupied when I had too much time on my hands during early sobriety. Also served as an alternative thing to waste money on. Money was a trigger for a long time lol.. For the better communication outside the game, most users have Line Messenger. I'm in it all the time. It's fun to share memes and stickers with friends from all over the world.

I was just thinking this morning that It'd be kinda cool because then people could discuss their training, diet, or fitness stuffs in more real time. Being able to ask a quick question and get feedback in real time would be awesome for stuff that doesn't warrant making a thread.

Thoughts? What games do you guys play?
I dont ever get to play games. I would like to every once in a while but never get the chance. And im starting school her in a couple weeks so im gonna have even less time on my hands. But yeah training, working, vehicle/house maintenance, 4 kids, wife doesnt leave me much time. Plus my wife is always nagging at me to get off my phone if i pick it up for 5 sec to respond to something on here

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I don't know how you guys with kids do it. Between work and training, I barely have time for myself. I don't really play any phone games, but when I get a free moment, I jump on PS4 for Overwatch.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pinochle
If anybody does online nuck nuck shoot me a PM id love to play.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've always thought we needed a chat, we could set up a Discord server or something. Is this something I could create myself Admin? I could do it, but I am sure you want some set rules if it is being associated with the site.

I don't play any games, I don't really have the time. I bought an Xbox a few months ago and have played it maybe three times. I used to play Coutner Strike: Source a lot on my computer, but I haven't played much of anything in a while.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dont ever get to play games. I would like to every once in a while but never get the chance. And im starting school her in a couple weeks so im gonna have even less time on my hands. But yeah training, working, vehicle/house maintenance, 4 kids, wife doesnt leave me much time. Plus my wife is always nagging at me to get off my phone if i pick it up for 5 sec to respond to something on here
I'm in a similar boat, minus all that responsibilities. I was into gaming when I was young and in high school. Fell out of it during college years to focus on studying. I picked up a PS4 Black Friday 2017. I do not play it a lot except for the summer when I am off from work. During the school year, I get 1-2 hours a week, if that. Some weeks I do not touch it.

For reference, it took me from last summer to the beginning of this summer to get through the Witcher 3. With the DLC, it is roughly 130 hours in all. It took me a calendar year to get through it.

The new God of War is amazing.
I would love to pick it up since I almost got through my back log, but I never played any of the other versions. Would one need to play those?

The Witcher 3 was absolutely amazing. The combat mechanics could use some work, but the story was great. I teared up at the end. I know it had me hooked because as soon as the main game finished and I started the DLC, I felt like something was missing. It was the characters that one builds a relationship with. I finished The new Uncharted with Chloe as the main character this summer too. I couldn't get into it like the other games in the series though. I really liked them, but could not fully connect with the story.

My current game, last in my backlog, is Horizon Zero Dawn. I read great things and saw a great deal on it. I did not know how I would like the whole machine dinosaurs/animals in a post-future world, but the story is great. In the first 10-15 hours I had chills a couple of times.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i got my kids an xbox 1 for christmas and ive played it maybe 3 times

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've never played it before, but the new Red Dead Redemption looks pretty cool, I may have to try it out at some point.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never played it before, but the new Red Dead Redemption looks pretty cool, I may have to try it out at some point.
The first one was pretty great, so I have high hopes for that one.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My current game, last in my backlog, is Horizon Zero Dawn. I read great things and saw a great deal on it. I did not know how I would like the whole machine dinosaurs/animals in a post-future world, but the story is great. In the first 10-15 hours I had chills a couple of times.
That's one that is sitting here in a pile with the wrapper still on it. I just haven't been able to start any games with longer stories. Even Witcher 3, I began, but then stopped after a few hours despite all the great things I've heard about it.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I don't know how you guys with kids do it. Between work and training, I barely have time for myself. I don't really play any phone games, but when I get a free moment, I jump on PS4 for Overwatch.
It’s hard man. For starters, I never talk to anyone in the gym anymore. And have to be quick when it comes to cooking and throwing meals back. I honestly look back on the days when all I had was an apartment and a dog and kick myself for not competing and taking more advantage of the situation.

And Overwatch is the jam!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It’s hard man. For starters, I never talk to anyone in the gym anymore. And have to be quick when it comes to cooking and throwing meals back. I honestly look back on the days when all I had was an apartment and a dog and kick myself for not competing and taking more advantage of the situation.

And Overwatch is the jam!
Summer Games just started!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never played the original either, but heard good things. It does look pretty good.

That's one that is sitting here in a pile with the wrapper still on it. I just haven't been able to start any games with longer stories. Even Witcher 3, I began, but then stopped after a few hours despite all the great things I've heard about it.
I only play single player games, but they have to have a really good story line to suck me in. I feel like I wouldn't get much out of multiplayer games since I barely play. I like in depth stories because if I don't play for a week, I still know what is happening and feel connected. The Wticher is a must though, especially when you get deeper into the main story. Do all the side quests though, some are very good. Also, play Gwent. I hated it at first, but it does grow on you.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote