NO TIME TO COOK..WHAT ARE THE BEST FOODS TO EAT WHILE ON THE GO AND CYCLING SD ?

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, just wanted to get info on something you guys could recommend to eat when your on the go and dont have time to cook..i work alot and im always on the go and alot of the time i dont have time to cook or im just too tired. i hate to ask this but if i had to eat fast food what would be the best things to order..i would rather go to safeway and get something healthier but if i dont have time and the drive thru is the only option what would be best to order. also, another thing is my stomach cant handle powder protein.. what can i do to keep my ,carb,cal,protein intake up when i cant cook and is it possible to try to eat clean by going thru the drive thru and still get enough carb,cal,protein intake ?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, just wanted to get info on something you guys could recommend to eat when your on the go and dont have time to cook..i work alot and im always on the go and alot of the time i dont have time to cook or im just too tired. i hate to ask this but if i had to eat fast food what would be the best things to order..i would rather go to safeway and get something healthier but if i dont have time and the drive thru is the only option what would be best to order. also, another thing is my stomach cant handle powder protein.. what can i do to keep my ,carb,cal,protein intake up when i cant cook and is it possible to try to eat clean by going thru the drive thru and still get enough carb,cal,protein intake ?

walmart hormel turkey chili cans. - $1.98 26g Carb, 46g protein, 6g fat per can .

i also use cans of chuck chicken breast 1.98 - like 54g protein 6g fat per can.

both of these are already fully cooked. i usually mix the chicken breast with a half a can of light alfredo sauce.

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
cool i love hormel turkey chilli..bout to have some for lunch... but what would you suggest if the drive thru at the time is the only option.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Better Protein Bars by NTBM. They're ~500cal each with >30g protein and healthy fats, good whole food and very convenient (and tasty). I tried the Chocolate Raspberry and it was really good, and tonight I'm making Chocolate Banana for the next week. Easy, convenient, and tasty way to get quality calories on the go IMO. You don't even have to bake them, just mix and refrigerate, cut it up and put in glad bags or foil.

http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Snacks-amp-Meal-Replacements/Better-Protein-Bars-p18.html

use code "needto139" to get 15% off and free shipping anytime.

Another one is N2Mix which has protein crisps and nuts/dried fruit. Convenient and tasty too.

http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Snacks-amp-Meal-Replacements/N2-Mix-High-Protein-Trail-Mix-p69.html

Finally, you can get some good ol' Jerky, that's an easy way to get protein on the go. I like Jack's Links, get them from Amazon.

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
thats right....i keep forgetting about the jerky..and the protein bars sound great ! but.... what im trying to get to is actual food not snacks...hot foods.. already prepared hot meals... and like i said..if i have to go fast food what would be best to order and what should i stay away from. for example what should i get if i go to safeway,subway,mc a dees,bk,taco bell..ect.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
subway buffalo chicken/double meat with shredded cheddar. wouldn't count it as clean, but it works.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just get chicken what ever, grilled. no fries, no soda, go for water, you could also get w/e sandwich w/o the bun, but dont think those simple carbs will hurt much.

most fast food joints have a grilled chicken breast sandwich.

if one isn't enough, get two.

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
^^^^ now we're talkin !!!! this is what im looking for... should i say hold the mayo also. what about the low carb burger at carls jr. that is wrapped in lettuce...no bun. i want to know what peeps get at all these fast food joints ..i think it will be good to know.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't hold the mayo, you're already getting rid of the carbs, but if that extra fat is bothering you, yea, no mayo or ketchup. I like the lettuce wrapped burger/chicken sandwich.

I used to have a mens health from back in the day that came with an eat this, not that poster, it was a fast food guide, and went over the healthier muscle building choices. it was pretty cool.

arby's was the best place also.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, just google healthy fast food guide if that's all you want.

Bier

Bier

Awards
Turkey Breast from Subway"Fresh Fit" looks good. 46 grams of carb and 18grams of protein.

If you want something at home, I like toasted whole wheat bread with organic peanut butter and jelly. And If I feel evil then maybe can of tuna with it. It may taste weird but you get everything with it proteins, carbs and fat.

eggs13

Awards
i get a footlong subway oven roasted chicken breast everyday for lunch when I'm bulking, 6" inch when im cutting...whole grain bread of course..hold the cheese and mayo, load up on veggies...add a little fat free honey mustard dressing..seems pretty clean to me

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Go with the Better Protein Bars. They are delicious, made with great ingredients, and macros are really good if you use power butter to make them. Great for on the go.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I like Better Protein Bars by NTBM. They're ~500cal each with >30g protein and healthy fats, good whole food and very convenient (and tasty). I tried the Chocolate Raspberry and it was really good, and tonight I'm making Chocolate Banana for the next week. Easy, convenient, and tasty way to get quality calories on the go IMO. You don't even have to bake them, just mix and refrigerate, cut it up and put in glad bags or foil.

http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Snacks-amp-Meal-Replacements/Better-Protein-Bars-p18.html

use code "needto139" to get 15% off and free shipping anytime.

Another one is N2Mix which has protein crisps and nuts/dried fruit. Convenient and tasty too.

http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/store/Snacks-amp-Meal-Replacements/N2-Mix-High-Protein-Trail-Mix-p69.html

Finally, you can get some good ol' Jerky, that's an easy way to get protein on the go. I like Jack's Links, get them from Amazon.
go with these. Your going to end up eating too many processed foods. That is not good, you ll be taking it tons of sodium

Boomer3

Awards
For me when bulking, subway is a go to spot. As long as you have some basic knowledge of nutrition you can make most of there subs clean enough for a bulk IMO

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subway food is processed and preserved, lunch meat, bread, and even the veggies. In a pinch it's okay, but not the best IMO.

If you really want, just make a whole bunch of chicken breasts and eat those with oats and/or sweet potatoes. They travel well enough in gladlock/pyrex, and could hold fine in a cooler/insulated bag.

on the run

Awards
^^^^ now we're talkin !!!! this is what im looking for... should i say hold the mayo also. what about the low carb burger at carls jr. that is wrapped in lettuce...no bun. i want to know what peeps get at all these fast food joints ..i think it will be good to know.
you want to be eating more carbs, not getting rid of them on SD..

Boomer3

Awards
Subway food is processed and preserved, lunch meat, bread, and even the veggies. In a pinch it's okay, but not the best IMO.

If you really want, just make a whole bunch of chicken breasts and eat those with oats and/or sweet potatoes. They travel well enough in gladlock/pyrex, and could hold fine in a cooler/insulated bag.
Agree with ya bud, just to clarify my last post, "subway is a go to spot for me if i need something on the go etc...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go with the Better Protein Bars. They are delicious, made with great ingredients, and macros are really good if you use power butter to make them. Great for on the go.
I agree with this Guy. Thembetter protein bars are damn easy to boost up your Cal's and protein for the day without filling you up and bloating you....and they taste incredible!!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
if it has to be FF... grilled chicken sammy.. I order 2 (or 4) and then dump one of the buns and make 1 sandwich from 2. I get em w/out mayo etc... keep the Lettuce and Tomato (i dont even want a sandwich without tomato!!!)

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
i will get some of those better protein bars but i just wanna see what some of you guys get when you want some real food and you dont have anything with you and you gotta stop at a restaurant or fast food.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wendy's large chili and baked potato. Chicken no sauce everywhere else.

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
KFC, big bucket of grilled chicken lol