1-Test / 4AD is not working at all - help!

mikeman28

Awards
Well, I'm 18 days into my cycle and I got nothing from it. I gained 3.5 lbs, which most likely I could do without PH's since my calorie intake went up 2000 cals since starting my cycle.

Everyone on this board (that i know of) claim to see results at the 2 week mark. I know it's not magic, but damn, I dont see anything what so ever. It's very disapointing. I'm not looking to compete, I just want to see improvment.

I'm 28, 6ft, 225 lbs.

the 1st 2 weeks I did 200mg of 1-test, and 400mg of 4AD. This week I up the dose to 300 of 1-test, and 600 of 4AD. Still nothing.

I'm taking in no less than 3800 cals a day, up to 4500. No less than 250 gm of protein. I thought of extending my cycle to 6 weeks instead of 4, but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it?

Would you recommend that I finish this cycle, add something to it?

Any input would be appreceated. Thanks.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
IMO i would probably up the dosage a little bit more on the 1-test and 4-ad. also i think your calories should be at more like 5000cal or more being you weight 225 already. and if youve been doing the same exact workout routine forever now you might not gain much either. hope that helps.

Bennett

Awards
What brand tansdermal are you using?You and I are the same size and I've put on 8lbs in two weeks with 300mg 1t,and 300md4ad,but Im also taking m5aa.I dont think yhe m5aa is contributing to my weight gain just strength gains.You could get an oral like m14ad to stack with it the last 3 weeks.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I agree about increasing your calories, 3800 is probably barely over maintenance for you. 250g of protein is not enough protein for you, especially on a cycle. I'm 220lbs & eat over 400g protein a day, I shoot for 450 on-cycle.

I recommend going the 6 weeks, get the diet back in order & you'll see gains. Stick with what you're taking, it does work & works well. It always takes me until the 3rd week of a transdermal cycle to really start gaining, be patient.

Pharcyde

Awards
Take heed in this statement by IA, ''Extreme Protein for Extreme Growth''.
Didn't you know that PH's, PS's, and AAS's increase protein synthesis? At 225 you should be near double that.

mikeman28

Awards
Thanks for all the replies.

From what I gather, it seems that I need to up my calories another 700 to 1000 cals, and my protein another double my protein. And that is (most likely) the reason why i see ZERO results.

Interesting, I can do that. the calories are not a prob, I can just take another shake and thats anoter 1000 cals+, but the protein, I was told to take my body wieght in grams. So thats why I did 250 to be safe. Ok, I can up the protein too. I hope this works, and I will finish my cycle.

yelis300, how much do you think I should up the dosage? I already did and also, I am taking more than what is recomended. Thanks.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
protein = 1g /lb of LBM.. on AAS some say to double it.. i think protein requirements may be overstated beyond that. increasing calories is definately a must tho for gains. whether the extra calories come from protein/fat/carbs whatever.

also, don't worry about eating "clean". it doesn't make any sense. obviously things like saturated fat/trans fat are bad for your body in general, and i would avoid them, but I don't think it matters where a calorie comes from as long as you're above maintenance.

actually, i'm just assuming you're using these substances to put on weight. you didn't really say what your goals were. you're 225lbs @ what BF?

mikeman28

Awards
protein = 1g /lb of LBM.. on AAS some say to double it.. i think protein requirements may be overstated beyond that. increasing calories is definately a must tho for gains. whether the extra calories come from protein/fat/carbs whatever.

also, don't worry about eating "clean". it doesn't make any sense. obviously things like saturated fat/trans fat are bad for your body in general, and i would avoid them, but I don't think it matters where a calorie comes from as long as you're above maintenance.

actually, i'm just assuming you're using these substances to put on weight. you didn't really say what your goals were. you're 225lbs @ what BF?
bf is 16%, but my goal is to bulk up my upper body, I need about 10 more lbs up there so I can get on a cutting cycle.

Boarder1

Awards
How are your strength gains? As Yelis300 asked, how is your routine?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
If you want your upper body to grow....don't forget to do your legs as well.
Squats tend to make everything grow.

Pharcyde

Awards
bf is 16%, but my goal is to bulk up my upper body, I need about 10 more lbs up there so I can get on a cutting cycle.
Want to bulk your upperbody, eh? Well my friend you WILL NOT see those results without the tried and true exercises:

Squats, DL's, Heavy Rows, Overhead Presses, Pulls, Chins, Pullups, Low Incline Presses and Dips.

Keep those as the base of your lifting program while on your cycle and up the protein and before you know it you'll surpassed that mere 10 lbs of upperbody weight.

PastorofMuppets

Awards
Not to sound like a jerk here, but if you were wondering why you haven't gained mass and haven't put extra emphasis on the bodyparts that contribute most to mass and weight (your lower body), then I guess your problem is self evident.

Why waste a cycle on just getting your upper body bigger, unless of course you already are well developed in your lower body?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I ran a 7 week cycle of S1+ at around 400mg day 1test and 600mg day of 4ad, and didnt notice results till week 3, I was doing like 20 sprays a day, after week 3 strength gains were amazing, was dissapointed in size gains though, diet was around 5000 cal/day and I weighed 195 then.