Keeping During and After Post Cycle: Let's Get Down and Dirty!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not gonna kid myself. I need some help and want to do it right this time around. Here's my time table:

1) Great cycle
2) Gains continue in post cycle with mild increase in fat
3) Lean mass deteriorates with added fat AFTER post cycle

Before answering my questions, assume these things: Assume that my ON cycle and post cycle plans are sound. Assume that my knowledge of training is above average to advanced. Assume that goals are continually recomp with some lean mass. Strength is NOT a priority.

1) How do you modify your routine during post cycle?
2) How do you modify your routine AFTER post cycle?

3) How do you modify your diet for post cycle?
4) How do you modify your diet AFTER post cycle?

5) How do you supplement AFTER post cycle to maintain lean mass gained?

I don't want supplement hype or theories I want responses that begin with "this is what worked for me."

Let's rock :head:

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
if you're losing gains after post cycle therapy it means your PCT didn't work proplerly, if you're losing gains and putting on major fat it would seem taht you possibley have too high of estrogen in your body?? sounds like when you stop using the serm your body's estorgen is built up so once the serm is no longer protecting you from it your getting all sorts of trouble. there are a number of ways to deal with this, you can run arimidex for a maybe 2 weeks at low does before you end PCT or you could try the SERM inverse to the ATD as is posted about at the top of this PCT forum right now. i'm no expert on this but i'm sure you can find enough info on here to make your own decisions, i use tor for PCT with IGF and my last PCT went better then i could have imagined.

and to answer your original question, you should train and eat pretty much the same post cycle as you did before since we are assuming your body is back to normal. usually post cycle i use whatever naturual test boosters and whatever currently trendy naturual supp is in at the time just to keep myself amused

good luck!

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
generaly while in PCT i eat as much as possible also to try to reduce cortisol. that may be another valuable chem to add to your PCT, some lean extreme or something.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I appreciate your response bro :cheers:

My post cycle plan includes:
AI inverse to serm
Test booster
Cort control
Creatine
Health support supplements for BP, liver, cholesterol

I totally see where you are coming from with estrogen and your thoughts do make sense. However, considering the aforementioned inclusions in my post cycle plan, I doubt that estrogen is the issue for me personally.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't blow up and get all estrogen puffy... I'm talking about maintaing lean mass from the cycle and gaining about 1-2 pounds bodyfat in the 4 week post cycle time frame.

Also something to consider is that I haven't mentioned that my cycle was halo, which shouldn't have substantial estrogen rebound. My cycle that is on the drawing board is phera which also SUPPOSEDLY does not aromatize (despite the common assumption that the occasional phera bloat is due to estrogen).

Any other thoughts?

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i'm no doctor but the whole point of PCT is to bring your body back to how it was before your cycle, and if after your cycle your body is not acting normally (as it would had you never cycled) then you have some issues with your PCT or something else. i would suggest that the best thing to do would be to get a full blood test done to see where all the various hormones are at.

perhaps you have permanently shut yourself down and now you have quite low test levels?
perhaps you have some other health issue at work?
maybe you have a growth hormone/pituitary/thyroid issue you are not aware of?

sound like you have a good grasp of PCT but if your body is not acting normally after your PCT then by definition your PCT either didn't work or there is something else going on.

as far as gaining after PCT the only thing i do is train hard and eat as much as possible (pretty much the same as when training) IGF can be fun to use after PCT as it doesn't inhibit your testosterone or anything but you can make nice gains and feel like your still "on" but i would strongly suggest you figure out whatever is going on with your body first or in the long run you will just work your ass off and end up losing yoru gains anyway.

as a side note, i dont think doing cycles is even worth it without using HCG and using tor. if i use both of those and a little IGF i dont think i even lost a pound in my last PCT.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i also aim to keep my diet low in salt and painfully clean of bad fats in PCT too, i would say that putting on 1-2 lbs bodyfat in the month after PCT would probably fall into the normal range depending on the cycle done, if you logged your cycle post it up and maybe someone here can see whats going on?:bruce2:

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how possible this is too but you may have gotten some bad stuff that you used in PCT, i have heard of people having all sorts of PCT issues only to later find out that they were sold garbage or that instead of nolva it was clenbuterol or something like that.....

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i also aim to keep my diet low in salt and painfully clean of bad fats in post cycle therapy too, i would say that putting on 1-2 lbs bodyfat in the month after post cycle therapy would probably fall into the normal range depending on the cycle done, if you logged your cycle post it up and maybe someone here can see whats going on?
Ya, I think the cycle and post cycle went well. I think the issue is AFTER post cycle, which is where I lost most of my gains. I ran MaxOT after post cycle. Some self analysis reveals that MaxOT just isn't enough volume for me. I got strong as heck but the lean mass just slowly dwindled to where I was before the cycle.

Here's my log. It's quite long so it might be better just to check out the summary post and final review (which is listed in one of the first 3 posts)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/70855-h-drol-e.html

i dont know how possible this is too but you may have gotten some bad stuff that you used in post cycle therapy, i have heard of people having all sorts of PCT issues only to later find out that they were sold garbage or that instead of nolva it was clenbuterol or something like that.....
Interesting point. I felt as though my body didn't respond as strongly to toremefine as the general population reports on this forum.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i have seen great results from IR products many times

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let me guess, IR?
I have to give the disclaimer that I had never sermed before AND I'd say I had absolutely minimal shudown/suppression on cycle... so take my opinion for what's it's worth. But, yes, you are correct.

That being said, do I have gyno? No, which makes me happy :lol:

I've also since learned that the serm effect on HPTA is blown out of proportion. Which makes me think, the serm probably wasn't the problem. That does not mean the door is shut on this particular theory, just that I'm leaning towards the culprit being some other problem with my diet or training.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
other then IR taking forever to ship and never answering their phones and always being backordered, they are awesome, products are great and they have worked hard to provide products nobody else has. customer service however.... not the best, although i must say that in the end, they have ALWAYS made things right for me.

now back to topic!

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
What is the problem with IR? I have also used their products before and am just wondering if there is something that I dont know of.
I'm glad your experience was a good one. Sadly, I can't say the same. Running bunk product during PCT is not fun. I don't want to go into great detail so I'll leave it at that.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm glad your experience was a good one. Sadly, I can't say the same. Running bunk product during post cycle therapy is not fun. I don't want to go into great detail so I'll leave it at that.
Just to clarify, I don't think Reverend's point was to bash a specific site. In reality, every batch of research chems is a roll of the dice, no matter what site is chosen. That being said, we're rolling the dice with designers in order to keep it legal... the gamble continues into post cycle therapy

zpnq

zpnq

Awards
Get before cycle and after PCT blood work done, spring the extra cash for the androgens. Compare the 2 and see if your "minimal shudown/suppression" really is that. The only real way to know is though bloodwork.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Use a low dose of IGF-1 run at 10mg per day throughout post-cycle and in the months afterward. (this will supplement rather than shut-down your natural output)

At the end of your post cycle use low dose Nettle Root extract (divanil) daily and continue into the months afterward.

Consider using 12.5mcg of T3 per day after post cycle therapy. (this will supplement rather than shut-down your natural output)

Use substantial amount of BCAAs throughout.

After your post-cycle start using a Fiber Damage/ Fiber Saturation protocol as your training methodology.

Consider inducing controlled anabolism (Calories & BCAAs) on days you workout and controlled catabolism (Diet and lowering your blood sugar before you sleep - NOTE: You probably should be using IGF-1 if you take 20mg of Vanadyl Sulfate to lower your blood sugar to help preserve muscle) on days you have off. Your body wants to grow lean tissue for several days to a week after dropping a couple of pounds of weight.

This protocol in total works very, very well for me.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get before cycle and after post cycle therapy blood work done, spring the extra cash for the androgens. Compare the 2 and see if your "minimal shudown/suppression" really is that. The only real way to know is though bloodwork.
zpnq, you are 100% correct. It is unintelligent of me to claim minimal suppression without blood work.

datBtrue, I see where you're coming from. I may need to educate myself in this area.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
celc5,
Are you REALLY digressing back to before cycle? Have measurements or weight declined?
How's libido, drive, mood, etc? These are some important indicators of suppression.

I hit a "wall", but never really digress, ESPECIALLY when I back off the "muscle/strength" supplements (ie Creatine,beta-alanine, etc). I don't lose gains, but I just can't get past that "wall" as easily. There is nothing "wrong" it's just I'm relying on food (cals & protein UP), vitamins, EFA's, and caffeine for workouts/gains. I like to give my body a little break, save some money, push through workouts, THEN hit the supplements after a couple months. It's real nice to see the difference in my workouts/gains.:D
I remember one time thinking, "Is this creatine really working?". Stopped taken it at had the answer really quick.:frustrate

My WOs are similar to MaxOT myself. The only thing I really change is pushing to 8 reps not 6 reps.
I use to strive (after warm up) NOT to go past 6 reps, but I was getting tendon soreness so my rep range (after warmup)is 8-4 to failure. Once I can push past 8 I up the weights.

Don't give up brother! Take a week off if you need. Recheck calories/protein/carbs/fat/nutrients. It's probably NOT as complicated as you think.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
celc5,
Are you REALLY digressing back to before cycle?
Yup, bodyweight and skinfolds ended up almost exactly what they were pre-cycle. 4 weeks of post cycle were fine with maintained LBM and adding maybe 2 or 3 pounds of fat. The 8 weeks afterwards are where LBM slowly went back to pre-cycle.

Libido, drive, mood were all fine after post cycle.

I think with my second time around things will be better. I appreciate the pep talk! :head:

Goat

Awards
I appreciate your response bro :cheers:

My post cycle plan includes:
AI inverse to serm
Test booster
Cort control
Creatine
Health support supplements for BP, liver, cholesterol

I totally see where you are coming from with estrogen and your thoughts do make sense. However, considering the aforementioned inclusions in my post cycle plan, I doubt that estrogen is the issue for me personally.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't blow up and get all estrogen puffy... I'm talking about maintaing lean mass from the cycle and gaining about 1-2 pounds bodyfat in the 4 week post cycle time frame.

Also something to consider is that I haven't mentioned that my cycle was halo, which shouldn't have substantial estrogen rebound. My cycle that is on the drawing board is phera which also SUPPOSEDLY does not aromatize (despite the common assumption that the occasional phera bloat is due to estrogen).

Any other thoughts?
Just a comment about Phera, read my thread about post cycle gyno popping up on this page. Yes, from PP and no SERM.