Is there any foods that dramatically increases libido or sexdrive?

Chrisbolic

Awards
I'm just curious is there any foods that dramatically increases libido or sexdrive? I know that chocolate works for me but mildly and the libido diminishes over time. Know any other foods that can dramatically increase libido?

Thanks

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Go to a good raw bar and get oysters on the half-shell. ;)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just curious is there any foods that dramatically increases libido or sexdrive? I know that chocolate works for me but mildly and the libido diminishes over time. Know any other foods that can dramatically increase libido?

Thanks
Up the fruit intake. Fructose is a primary energy source for seminifourous tubules and semen synthesis, and contains specific fructose transporters for uptake. Try it out, I upped my intake from two servings per day to four or five and had a very noticeable increase in libido.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What does semen synthesis have to do with libido?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does semen synthesis have to do with libido?
Good question, obviously the cells in the testes are designated to produce sperm and undertake spermatogenesis in response to hormone signal cascades and the such. Synthesis of anything requires energy, fructose is a primary source of energy for the process.... so my thinking(there have been no studies done on this particular hypothesis) is that fructose increasing the availability of free energy for synthesis would increase sensativity to hormone response, leading to a higher level of sexual drive.

In laymens terms, increased efficency in one aspects tends to carry-over in others that are part of the same pathway.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I notice that with grapes..I get a huge boost in energy and libido.

Pomegranite juice..very nice vasodialater...and it has fructose.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
a good 80% + cocoa bar. Nothing tasty though.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
broccolli (sp?) is a natural anti estrogen which would help.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
broccolli (sp?) is a natural anti estrogen which would help.
Broccoli is a natural eliminator of ONLY BAD ESTROGEN's from the chemical indo-3-carbinol which cabbage, kale, some other greens contain. It does not elimate the healthy estrogen. I dont know that chemical name for the"bad" estrogen and the "good" estrogen I do know this is fact

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's actually DIM which is present and helps metabolize 16-hydroxy estrogens (bad) to 2-hydroxy estrogens(good). I have read some anecdotal reports on DIM and increased libido though none with increased cruciferous vegetable intake.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have been eating two bananas,a apple,and some strawberries everyday this week. i have notice a big change in libido.