Superfoods,a Good Read on Nutrition

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I'll have to check out sardines next time I visit the grocery store.

magnate

Awards
Well, at least I'm in there with the green tea. Interesting info, thx.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
does green tea have caff in it? On my Lipton Grean tea bags it doesnt list it, but ive read somewhere it does

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's like coffee though, it's not gonna list it on the ingredient list. It also doesn't contain near as much as coffee (i'm thinkin less than 1/3 but I don't remember). I'm pretty sure they offer decaf green tea also.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's like coffee though, it's not gonna list it on the ingredient list. It also doesn't contain near as much as coffee (i'm thinkin less than 1/3 but I don't remember). I'm pretty sure they offer decaf green tea also.

Coffee = 100mgs per serving
Green Tea = 40mgs per serving

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
100mg is for a small cup (8oz) of relatively weak coffee. Many of the sizes and blends their selling at Starbucks and other coffee shops contain 200mg+ of caffeine.

For reference, a 12 oz can of caffeinated soda has about 40mg caffeine. A Red Bull has 80mg.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to check out sardines next time I visit the grocery store.
Hell yeah! Dude, I lived off sardines for 2 weeks when I moved into my new house. Just be sure to get them packed in water and not oil. The majority of sardine brands use crappy soy/canola oil.

Or you can fork over the cash for the good stuff and get them packed in virgin olive oil. ;)

EDIT: I should neg you for what you've said about sardines. Shame on you :nutkick:

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Hell yeah! Dude, I lived off sardines for 2 weeks when I moved into my new house. Just be sure to get them packed in water and not oil. The majority of sardine brands use crappy soy/canola oil.

Or you can fork over the cash for the good stuff and get them packed in virgin olive oil. ;)

EDIT: I should neg you for what you've said about sardines. Shame on you :nutkick:
The ones I got were canned in tomato juice. I really wanted to like them, but they were just too fishy/oily and I couldn't get past the skin/scales being left on. I can eat tuna all day though.