Rosie's Review of Shred Matrix

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used the original Shred Matrix and now the reformulated version; it's about time I did a review on the product . . .

What is it?

* Accelerate fat Loss
* Utilize fat first for energy
* Direct nutrient repartitioning
* Support greater nutrient absorption
* Destroy sugar cravings and block fat storage
* Control fluid balance
* Enhance mood, energy and focus with no jitter

For the product write-up, please see Muscle Pharm Shred Series - Shred Matrix.

Body Composition: 8/10. Pre-Shred Matrix I was 118.2 pounds at 12.1% bodyfat. Post-Shred Matrix I am 111.2 pounds at 9.5% bodyfat. The fat loss is most noticeable in my chest, deltoids, arms, and midsection, and my arms are the leanest re skinfold that they have ever been . . . Re girths, I also lost in total 4cm, 4.5cm, 3.5cm, 5cm, and 2.5cm, from my shoulders, bust, waist, hips/gluteals, and thighs (1 cm distal from the gluteal line) respectively, from beginning to end of my run of Shred Matrix. These results cannot be solely attributed to the Shred Matrix, though, as I was using both Alpha-T2 and DermaTherm at the same time - all of which would have had a MULTIfactoral effect on my body composition.

Weight Management: 8/10. I lost seven pounds in total whilst using Shred Matrix, averaging out at a loss of one pound per week - not a fast weight loss, but at a pace that will enable more success in keeping the fat weight off and staying relatively lean. However, as mentioned above, this cannot be solely attributed to the Shred Matrix, though, as I was simultaneously using both Alpha-T2 and DermaTherm.

Fat Metabolism: N/A. I lost bodyfat, but I cannot say whether or not fat was utilized FIRST for energy.

Nutrient Absorption and Utilization: 9/10. My diet did not change while I was using Shred Matrix, and in fact is very controversial to what one SHOULD be doing when preparing for a competition, and with the amount of food that I was consuming (averaging ~4,300 calories daily), for me to be getting LEANER and NOT being bloated, etc. the days after says to me that the nutrients were rapidly absorbed and were being used efficiently and effectively. Also means that my metabolism was working well . . . The addition of Banaba Extract played an important role here, IMO; and the combination of Alpha Lipoic Acid, Gymnema Sylvestre, and Banaba Extract make Shred Matrix work in this area . . .

Appetite: 8/10. There was definite appetite suppression when I dosed Shred Matrix twice daily (sometimes I only dosed pre-Meal 1). The first few weeks of using Shred Matrix, anything I ate was making me nauseous, which also made for not wanting to eat. However, in saying that, my appetite has generally been suppressed almost all day - until the last few hours of being awake - most days, which is SOMEthing.

Sugar Cravings: 5/10. Once the nausea was gone and I could eat properly, I have to honestly admit that there has been NO suppression of my sugar cravings. I am a sugar addict, yes, and have been craving chocolate and fruit (especially apples) over the last couple of weeks, indulging in them when I get home from work/pre-bed (which is probably why I have been passing out not long afterwards - which is a good thing, not having to use alcohol to be able to sleep!)

Diuretic: 9/10. When dosing Shred Matrix twice daily, there is a definite diuretic effect noticed - even more than usual, considering I drink 1-2 galleons of water daily, which has this effect by itself . . . Uva Ursi and Dandelion Root are the two best natural diuretics out there . . .

Mood: N/A. Mood has been all over the place, worse than a rollercoaster, starting out highly pissed and aggressive, moving into more of a calm, and finally being positive, but with disappointment in myself. My mood changes like the wind and can be one thing one minute and the complete opposite the next, and has nothing to do with any supplement that I use.

Stress: N/A. My stress levels have been up and down, mostly because of circumstances, etc., and are no reflection on any products that I use.

Energy: 8/10. I've definitely had energy, although when I first started using Shred Matrix it was 'silent' - allowing me to do what I had to and some of what I wanted, but exhausting me easily. The last couple of weeks have seen my energy levels rise again - coincidentally in conjunction with an increase in training volume. I've simultaneously been using BLACK CATS though, so energy cannot solely be attributed to Shred Matrix.

Mental Concentration and Focus: 9.8/10. There have been a few days when I cannot be bothered and have not wanted to focus on anything, but overall, my mind has been so focused that getting it to 'turn off' is the hardest mission ever! And even though this is 'normal' for me, I've simultaneously been using BLACK CATS, which helps with my mental alertness, so my mental concentration and focus cannot solely be attributed to Shred Matrix.

Overall: 9/10. I have used Shred Matrix standalone and with other products; this time it was used as part of a huge fat loss stack. Shred Matrix is one of few products that actually HAS an effect on and manages my appetite. It's also the only product that is not a straight diuretic that has diuretic effects. Despite the lack of control re sugar cravings - Stages 3 & 4: Appetite Balance and Weight Management Control, and Stage 7: Diuretic Complex MAKE the product for me - Shred Matrix has come to be the silent worker in my fat loss stacks, and I use it ALL the time!

Differences between Shred Matrix (original) and Shred Matrix (reformulated). Although the original Shred Matrix was effective for me, I definitely prefer the reformulated version and find it MORE effective - this is a first, since usually the reformulated versions of products I have used the originals to in the past generally are not as effective as the originals. Props to Muscle Pharm for improving on an ALREADY great product!

Would I use again? Yes. I've used several tubs of the original Shred Matrix and two bottles of the reformulated Shred Matrix, and I have MORE coming!

Would I recommend? Yes. Definitely. Shred Matrix is the ultimate, COMPLETE fat loss product IMO, and would compliment anyone's nutrition and training - as well as stack with other supplements - perfectly for fat loss.

This review can also be found at post #246 of my log Will Alpha-T2 Fight Against or Work With the Female Terminator? in the Supplement Reviews/Logs subforum.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
greta and in depth review thanks boss
No worries :) It's about time I wrote a review on the one product that has been a staple in my fat loss stacks for a long time now.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Again Rosie!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pharoe

Pharoe

Awards
Good review Rosie, did you stack any supplements with this product to enhance weight/fat lost or was this your primary supplement for the factor of fat loss?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good review Rosie, did you stack any supplements with this product to enhance weight/fat lost or was this your primary supplement for the factor of fat loss?
I comprehensively covered this in both my review and my log (linked in post #1).

~Rosie~