Joe Lauzon: the guy who is fighting Lil' Evil

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I just found out this guy is from the city right next to me. He is definitely not at Pulver's level, but he does seem to have impressive skills. You can check out his highlight on his myspace page: www.myspace.com/lauzonrsd
It starts with grappling, and then moves to MMA, some in a ring, and some on somebody's front yard :toofunny: He shows great skill and is fast, but the competition is questionable.

Here is his professional record: Advertising at Sherdog.com

I think Dana tries to hook up the local guys (Florian, Rivera, etc) b/c he is a Bostonian too.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'll just bump this up so you guys can see what's up in Boston :head:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Hard to tell how good he is from that fight, but obviously he shows a lot of promise. His nickname should be "evil eyes".

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
:D People here are definitely behind him. I realize that fight may not be a true indicator of either fighter's ability, but I would expect Lauzon, not Pulver, to be the one with "octagon shock" or whatever they call it. Regardless, it was fun to cheer for a local guy. The place erupted.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I just watched this fight and was quite surprised with what I saw...

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
"I just found out this guy is from the city right next to me. He is definitely not at Pulver's level, but he does seem to have impressive skills."

Yeah Beo, Joe L. is a natural. His brother is also a fighter. Joe is a massmma.net original out here in New England. I think Pulver has too solid of a game in comparison though.

One thing that will be different for Joe (although he may have adjusted?), is the use of elbows and knees. The MMA events out here in the Mass./N.H. area (where Joe originated), don't allow strikes with the elbows or knees.... :blink:

Hopefully if I play my cards right, I'll be on that list within the next year or two. :blink:

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
He already beat Pulver. Probably wouldn't happen again though. Personally I think Pulver is too small for 155, he was definitely small in Pride's 160 division. He would be perfect at 143. I wouldn't mind seeing UFC have a 143 division, but they should probably focus on 155 for a while.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Beo, Joe L. is a natural. His brother is also a fighter. Joe is a massmma.net original out here in New England. I think Pulver has too solid of a game in comparison though.

One thing that will be different for Joe (although he may have adjusted?), is the use of elbows and knees. The MMA events out here in the Mass./N.H. area (where Joe originated), don't allow strikes with the elbows or knees.... :blink:

Hopefully if I play my cards right, I'll be on that list within the next year or two. :blink:
I was thinking about the knee/elbow factor too. Joe didn't throw either, and he'll definitely need to work defending them, but I don't think that will be a problem based on his interview. He obviously studies his opponents very carefully.

Do you ever fight at the WFL nights at Club Lido's in Revere? That is where I saw UFC 63. It was a good card. I was impressed by the level of the local talent. Some were great. Some were not very good. But Boston is a very small city, so such an output of good fighters is noteworthy. Do you know that big black dude Mandela? From what I saw, he looks like he has massive potential. There were a few guys who I could see moving up to the bigger orgs (John Howard, Moreno...)

Maybe you'll be on the list soon. Dana seems to like to give the local guys a shot.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established
"Do you ever fight at the WFL nights at Club Lido's in Revere? That is where I saw UFC 63. It was a good card. I was impressed by the level of the local talent. Some were great. Some were not very good. But Boston is a very small city, so such an output of good fighters is noteworthy. Do you know that big black dude Mandela? From what I saw, he looks like he has massive potential. There were a few guys who I could see moving up to the bigger orgs (John Howard, Moreno.)"

When I am ready, Club Lido will most likely be home to my first (pro) fight. Roger W. the fight promoter, is a good guy and is always welcoming new talent.

I am a stand-up fighter and as you probably know, the Mass. MMA scene is pretty ground oriented, so I will definetely have my work cut out for me, seeing how I won't be able to use the most important tools that I have (elbows/knees) for stuffing take downs, but I should be able to adjust. Besides, .... ya gotta start somewhere.

As for Mandela, I actually have been out of the local loop for a little while so I'll have to look him and the others up.

On a side note, Rich Moskowitz from Team Santos of Rhode Island, recently caught my attention.

Anyways, I'll definetly let ya know when I am fighting, and good luck in your trainning.