Ranges for LH / FSH

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Hi

My LH = 2.1 (range 1.5 - 9.3)
FSH = 3.9 (range 1.4 - 18.1)

I am 37 years old, just started TRT. My Total T values were 291 and 384 on a 241 to 827 scale. These were prior to starting TRT.

A well-respected member on another forum, (he maybe here too) recommended I investigate my pituitary and possibly get an MRI. The TRT doc did not flag the LH/FSH values as a problem.

I have a doc appointment on Wed with a different doc. I have lot of info on TRT generally speaking, but not on LH/FSH.

As a side note, I have never used AAS prior to starting TRT and am using 100 mg/week of Test Cyp.

Can anyone provide pointers?

Thank you
Jim

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
bump for an appointment tomorrow - thanks

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Post Edited By Dr John

Last edited by a moderator:

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
Hi

My LH = 2.1 (range 1.5 - 9.3)
FSH = 3.9 (range 1.4 - 18.1)

I am 37 years old, just started TRT. My Total T values were 291 and 384 on a 241 to 827 scale. These were prior to starting TRT.

A well-respected member on another forum, (he maybe here too) recommended I investigate my pituitary and possibly get an MRI. The TRT doc did not flag the LH/FSH values as a problem.

I have a doc appointment on Wed with a different doc. I have lot of info on TRT generally speaking, but not on LH/FSH.

As a side note, I have never used anabolic steroids prior to starting TRT and am using 100 mg/week of Test Cyp.

Can anyone provide pointers?

Thank you
Jim
What prompted you to hop onto the HRT wagon?? All your numbers are in normal range... although low. Did you have any negative symptoms prior to hrt?

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Hi

I am 37. I was having problems with night sweating, ED, fatigue, depression and lack of energy. I have also put on 20+ lbs in a little over a year and cannot build muscle for the life of me. My wife wanted me to go on anti-depressants, but I did not want to do that. I also may have some bone density problems. I am awaiting an appointment for a bone density scan. For close to two years now I have had a pain in my left tibia and two different orthopedic doctors could not solve or even determine what the problem is. My P.C. has seen an increasing number of cases of bone density issues in men of northern-European decent and is getting me set up with a bone density scan ASAP My P.C. has referred me to an Endocrinologist for further investigation of the pituitary.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Thank you Dr. John.
I am currently being treated by a Urologist's office and am getting 100 Test-Cyp a week.

I did go to an endo last week who specializes in hypoogonadism for a second opinion. She did not think I was hypoganadal. My T value are high 200s, high 300s for the two tests (range 241-827). For her to prescribe T, you need to be around 150-200. She claims that once someone reaches a level of 250, increasing above that does not improve the patient. I am going to request that study from her.

Prior to starting T, my E2 was at 15. I need to see if the treating physician will do another E2 as I am one month into it now.

I have a 1 month follow-up tomorrow with the Uro. Most details to come once I have them.