Recomping in style with IML 4-Andro

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Hey all, Chuck Box here getting ready to start up my log with IML 4-Andro! Big thanks to IML and chez_meathead for the opportunity to log this and put it to the test. I was sent 2 bottles of 4-Andro, and will be dosing the product at 2 caps a day (100mg of 4-Andro) as directed for a total of 60 days. I've seen nothing but excellent reviews from IML products so I'm expecting some good results!

I plan on stacking this with something possibly a transdermal 1-Andro/EpiAndro product.. If so I will be looking to 4-Andro to mitigate the negative sides of 1-Andro and keep my libido and energy up, along with the size gains 4-Andro is supposed to give. If I don'r run the transdermal, might throw some Osta in with this and see how it helps with the sides from Osta (I typically get libido loss from it). Other supps I will be running will be various pre workouts, a non stim fat burner patch, multi vitamin, and a greens supplement.

Currently sitting at 210 lbs as of today at a height of 5'11''. Been recomping into summer and I am looking to gain muscle while slowly loosing fat. Diet is generally a higher carb, carb cycle setup with typically my off day from weights being my lowest carb day of around 100 grams or so.

Training style.. I lift 5-6 days a week on average with HIIT thrown into about 3-4 of those sessions. Might seem like a lot of volume but its what I am used to and I lift/exercise for enjoyment so it is something I like to do!

Tomorrow I will get some starting pics up and a rundown of my workout (today was an off day). Looking to dose my 4-Andro first thing in the morning and I started it off today with breakfast.

Join the log and lets see what this stuff can do ;)

chez_meathead

chez_meathead

Awards
In brother!!! You are the man, kill this run!!! Drop the hammer down!

topcop8p8

topcop8p8

Awards
I'm in on this! Never used any andro products, but since the PH ban I will be using them. I work in law enforcement so I gotta make sure I keep it legal! Interested to see what you end up stacking with it and how it treats you.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: Dosed 1 cap of 4 andro with breakfast (1 egg 1 cup whites w/ 2/3 cup oats) and hit shoulders this morning.

Went heavy on dumbell presses, but got stuck at the 115 lb dumbells on military press. Really trying to put the 120's up for reps but can't seem to break that plateau yet! Hopefully the andro will help.

Went on to hit laterals, shrugs, front raises and then some barbell behind the neck presses.

Finished up the workout w/ 5 sets of sprints.

Still debating on what to stack with the 4 Andro, will prob decide by the end of the week

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: Off day today from the weights but took 1 cap AM and I cap with my PM meal. Been making sure I dose it with fats to help absorption..

Noticed a slight bump in libido today, probably coincidence as its maybe a little too early for the 4-andro to be kicking in, but no complaints here!

After some debate, I think I am going to throw some 1-andro in to the mix so I can gauge the effectiveness of 4-andro as a test base. I have a few bottles of OG Alpha Mass so next week might start throwing it in there.

Chest day tomorrow, also a higher carb day so should be a good time! I said I would get some progress pics up and I'll do my best to get them on here within a few days.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Day 7: Okay guys so been a week in and past few days starting to notice some signs the 4-Andro is kicking in..

- Increased aggression in the gym (but pretty relaxed, chill outside of training still)
- Slight increase in muscle hardness
- Libido is still going up so I am going to go ahead and attribute it to the 4-Andro
- Appetite increase

Got in a excellent back workout today and the pumps were solid.

DB rows 100,125,150 for last few working sets; felt strong

Heavy pullovers 90,100,110

Wide grip BB row 135, 185, 225

Finished with various cable/machine work to increase the pump and stretch. Tomorrow is legs and a high carb day so looking to put some good numbers up

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Day 10:

Had a great weekend of training, hit it hard because I will probably have 2 days off during the week due to work. It's probably a good thing though because I tend to skip rest days lol, I know I should be taking more days off.

Had a good cheat meal Fri night (pizza, ice cream) but kept it clean the rest of the weekend.

Today hitting arms I felt "on".. Pumps were huge and just felt aggressive and motivated. I had dosed both caps prior to lifting so maybe that made an acute difference with the timing. Will try again next workout to see if I get the same pump/feeling

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very cool to follow your log brother!

KILL it!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Update; Been killing it in the gym.. I've added 1-andro to the mix at a pretty hefty dose and absolutely no signs of lethargy or hits to the libido. Last time I ran 1-Andro I used EpiAndro (old andro hard) by itself as a test base and it did ok but libido took a hit still.

The 4-Andro seems to be working with my body a little better and seems to be more efficient as a test base even at a lower dose than the EpiAndro. I don't feel as agitated during the day but still get the aggression at the gym.

Might bump the dose up to 3-4 pills per day of the 4-Andro to see if I notice a bigger difference

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, sorry for the long break in the log.. Unfortunately this past week I was put out of place and had to go out of town for some training due to work. Where I was at I was able to hit the gym a few times but nothing like I do here back at home.. Oh well still made **** work though and kept my supps on schedule so was still dosing my 4-Andro.

Almost done with my first bottle and I'll go ahead and give my halfway thoughts..

-Big pumps
-NO lethargy or libido loss even with the 1-Andro added in
-Good aggression in the gym but nothing out of control out of training
-Little bit of bloat noticed this week but I think it was due to a change in diet/routine due to the traveling, etc

Crushed it back at home today and hit chest (yea yea international chest day)

Hit Barbell presses which I typically don't (dumbell guy) but was happy with my numbers

Hit 315 on incline for 5 reps twice and 225 on flat for 18 reps which is pretty good for my max rep w/225

Got back tomorrow, hitting deads and rows mostly at least that's the plan!

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Past week of training has been pretty good, starting to see more size gains and thickness in the back/chest.

Upped the dose to 4 pills per day (200mg total of 4-Andro) to see if I noticed much of a difference and have to say I think that is the sweet spot. MUCH more alpha feeling/libido boost.. I guess its somewhat true with the andros you need to dose a little higher than the serving suggests.

I am going to keep it up to 4 caps a day right now and when the bottle runs out I'll pick up another (out of pocket).

Had a good shoulder workout today, been consistently moving up in the weights so good sign of progress :)

Plan right now is to pick up the cardio, I've been hitting mostly steady state 20-30 min about 3-4 times a week, I feel like the intensity needs a little kick so I am going back to HIIT (sprints) in place of the steady state.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys in for another week of updates..

Training has been great and strength gains are still coming steadily. Unfortunately my gym has no AC and its been 95+ with humidity here so its put a little bit of a different dynamic getting adapted to the heat. Taking in alot more water during training and spending a little more time between sets.

Got out of the carb cycling diet this week and kept a steady meal plan of 6 meals w/50 g carbs and the 7th meal of the day protein/fat.

Like I mentioned last week, I increased the dosage to 4 capsules and its been the sweet spot. I know 4 andro should be dosed pretty high and I am sure even 6-8 caps would be cool, but I really don't see the need to increase from 4. Its providing the test base benefits I need and at this dose (2 bottles a month) I'd say its a little more economic than megadosing.

As far as the dosing schedule, I still do 1 first in the AM and 1 prior to sleep, but I've added the extra 2 with my preworkout meal (about 1.5 hrs before heading to the gym).

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys time for a final review on the 4-Andro..

Thanks again to the guys at IML for opening up the opportunity for logging this PH, as these andros seem to be the way things are going now with the recent ban.

As you can see from the log, I try to keep things more focused on the supplement and less on training, and if you go through the log you can see about a weekly update for the 6ish weeks I ran the 4-Andro.

I dosed 2 caps at the beginning but ended up running 4 caps a day. I stacked this product with a good dose of 1-Andro to see how well it acted as a test base. Final review broken down based upon ingredient/value/results

INGREDIENT (5/5): Self explanatory.. strictly contained the pro-hormone 4-Andro that converts to testosterone. Each cap contains 50mg. 4-Andro has proven to be an effective pro-hormone and I feel it deserves a 5 rating based on the fact that its a non-blend like a lot of the andros.

VALUE (3/5): I was given the product to run via a sponsored log so while I did not pay for this, I found it online between 30-40 dollars. Looking around at the new andro products coming out, this one does seem under dosed per serving compared to other competitors. IML is a legit and older company though, so I do feel more comfortable with the quality and purity, so its a bit of a trade off.

RESULTS (5/5): Straight up awesome test base. I have run 1-Andro before and even with the test base I was using before (epi andro/lose dose trest), I still experienced lethargy and major loss of libido. Maybe the base products I had were bunk but I just did not get the base I was looking for. 4-Andro seemed to work much better with me and I felt GREAT this whole run. NO lethargy, NO libido loss.. I did find it surprising to find this with such a low dose of 4-Andro, so when I decided to up the dose to 4 caps I was pleasantly surprised to see more results in the size/strength department. Side mitigation remained the same but I got more of that test bloat that helped put some extra size on the past few weeks.

Overall, I give it a 4/5, I would run this as a base again, but it would be nice to see them come out with a higher dosed product, as I experienced the best outcome with 4 caps a day. This equates to a bottle lasting 15 days, which adds up money wise. But, still impressed with the quality and consistency of the product.