Do you HAVE to reconstitute IGF with .6% AA?

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
I have one cc of AA left but want to reconstitute with 2 cc's. Instead of making my own and filtering it, etc... what if I mix 1cc AA with 1cc of bac water? It should still be stable for at least 6 weeks I think. Any opinions?

And .5cc of my AA came from a former board sponser, and I think I read that their AA used to be a higher concentration than .6% anyways.... in which case, the bac water may dilute my solution to an average value of .6%

What do you guys think?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Just use 1ml of AA. I would NEVER use 2ml of AA to dilute 1mg of igf; that just makes you have to inject MORE AA per microgram of igf.

USING A 1/2 or 1/3 cc slin pin (which has 100ius for 1ml)

1ml of AA + 1mg of igf = 1000mics of igf/100ius of AA

Therefore 10mics of igf/1iu of AA (10 mics of igf in every 1iu of AA)

SO, if you want to run 80mics of igf you would draw up 4ius in 2 slin pins (each). Nice and easy.

bb

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
I was going to run 40 mcg each side though, and that seems pretty hard to measure if you only use 1cc. But I will definitely get some smaller volume syringes though, i hadn't thought of that... i was just going to use my 1cc slin pins. I'm guessing its easier to measure small volumes on a smaller volume pin.

thanks for the help!

EDIT: oops you had my dosing right... thanks again

sam salters

Awards
I was going to run 40 mcg each side though, and that seems pretty hard to measure if you only use 1cc. But I will definitely get some smaller volume syringes though, i hadn't thought of that... i was just going to use my 1cc slin pins. I'm guessing its easier to measure small volumes on a smaller volume pin.

thanks for the help!

EDIT: oops you had my dosing right... thanks again
definately go with the 1/2 cc slin pins, i used 1cc the first time (what i have on hand for HCG) and using the smaller pins makes it much easier to measure out since your using such a tiny amount with IGF-1

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I contacted GroPep on what they reconstitute thier IGF with as fars as percentage of AA. No answer yet.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got an answer to day from GroPep.

RE: Reconstitution of IGF in 100mM Acetic Acid.‏
Sent: Fri 2/01/08 2:16 AM

"IGFs are very stable in acid solution, so there should be no difference which % is used."

So they are saying it doesn't matter, counter argument?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Got an answer to day from GroPep.

"IGFs are very stable in acid solution, so there should be no difference which % is used."

So they are saying it doesn't matter, counter argument?
In your subject line you ask about 100mM AA.

Here is a snippet from Red Baron regarding 5% AA:

Distilled white vinegar is supposed to be standardized to ~5% acetic acid, which would make it 850mM. To get it to the recommended 100mM, you'd want 11.76% white vinegar (100mM/850mM = 11.76%). Since it would be almost impossible to draw out 11.76IU's, I round this to 12, which is certainly going to be close to our desired 100mM.

When diluted with the 7.5:1 (.6%AA) ratio, you get the 100mM concentration.

Bad things:
Possible cellular necrosis.
Wrong pH for peptide.
Burn like hell.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Originally I asked

"What do you recommened is the best percentage of Acetic Acid to reconstitute IGF with? Thank you."

They responded

"I don’t know what is the normal % / concentration of a commercially available acetic acid. If you can tell me this, I may be able to help you."

The part about "reconstitution of IGF in 100Mm Acetic Acid" I never asked I don't know why it came back as that message.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Just think if someone decided to sell sterile acetic acid at the right percentage to reconstitute peptides like IGF-1.

They'd be rich!

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
Just think if someone decided to sell sterile acetic acid at the right percentage to reconstitute peptides like IGF-1.

They'd be rich!
well, i'm making a buttload of it for OTHER THINGS that don't include reconstituting IGF...

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got this reply back from Muscle Research

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----Hash: SHA1 Much much less than 6%. It is a 100mM solution. Not sure off handwhat percentage it works out to but much less than that. About a1/10th of a percent

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Got this reply back from Muscle Research

Much much less than 6%. It is a 100mM solution. Not sure off handwhat percentage it works out to but much less than that. About a1/10th of a percent
Bingo. 100mM solution works out to ~0.6%

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
x did you reconstitute using the homemade method yet? i'm sitting here with a bottle of distilled water, distilled white vinegar, and two sterile empty vials ready to go. just wondering what you think my best plan of attack is.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
x did you reconstitute using the homemade method yet? i'm sitting here with a bottle of distilled water, distilled white vinegar, and two sterile empty vials ready to go. just wondering what you think my best plan of attack is.
Not yet, I can't start IGF until after the beta 'test' of the new supp, so ~mid-April.

You got filters?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

waderow

Awards
In my experience, IGF reconstituted in AA is a necessity, with dilution in NaCl prior to pinning.
I recently experimented and reconstituted in NaCl with degradation after 1 week. Not good.

Draw IGF into slin Pin, then NaCl as to not contaminate vial.

Use as much NaCl as required for math purposes, and for sting reduction.

bodysculpt

Awards
Distilled White Vinegar source

Hey guys,

you wont beleive this but.. Distilled White Vinegar is not available in my country.. WTF.. every other vinegar you can imagine but the most common.. no supermarkets supply it in NZ or speciality stores/pharmacists/health stores etc etc..

the easy part was getting the IGF. distilled water and Whatman filters..

I cant even find a source for this online unless i buy a crate of it..

Anyone got an online Distilled White Vinegar source <--- Im sure i wont get flamed for that! :p

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

you wont beleive this but.. Distilled White Vinegar is not available in my country.. WTF.. every other vinegar you can imagine but the most common.. no supermarkets supply it in NZ or speciality stores/pharmacists/health stores etc etc..

the easy part was getting the IGF. distilled water and Whatman filters..

I cant even find a source for this online unless i buy a crate of it..

Anyone got an online Distilled White Vinegar source <--- Im sure i wont get flamed for that! :p
Really? That seems pretty weird. Tried amazon grocery? do they ship there?

Don't use Apple Cider Vinegar...

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Do the same rules apply to PEG-MGF? I always read reconstitution of PEG-MGF in Bac water...

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

bodysculpt

Awards
yup, just tried them thanks. but the cost comes to $95NZD! for a $3.70 bottle of DWV... unbeleivable.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
yup, just tried them thanks. but the cost comes to $95NZD! for a $3.70 bottle of DWV... unbeleivable.
Jeezus man. Vinegar is like ~$1 here. how much to ship to nz? ill send you some myself.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
From Carlito:

Is best to dilute MGF with sterile water ONLY although you could also dilute it with Acetic acid this is not necessary, some say AA may help the MGF retain its potency and last longer but since the recommended dosages are at 100mcgs to no more than 300mcgs.

Once diluted it must be kept in the fridge ( @42 degrees )
If diluted with AA it must be used within 2 weeks
If diluted with sterile water ( sodium chloride ) it must be used within 7 to 10 days.
In powder form it can be place in the fridge or freezer up to 6 months.

How is that wrong?

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I dont know of any source who sells AA w/pegMGF. AA is used for chinese igf b/c traditionally people have had problems getting chinese igf to dissolve in BW. I have never had a problem w/pegMGF dissolving in BW.

I will ask Carlito.

bb

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
I dont know of any source who sells AA w/pegMGF. AA is used for chinese igf b/c traditionally people have had problems getting chinese igf to dissolve in BW. I have never had a problem w/pegMGF dissolving in BW.

I will ask Carlito.

bb

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

I will ask Carlito.

bb
Understand about the chinese igf, I'm just going by what I read from what I would consider reputable sources, Carlito would be one.

Also, MGF gets used a little faster than IGF so you don't have to worry about the fast degradation in BW like you do with IGF in BW.

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established

I will ask Carlito.

bb

waderow

Awards
PegMGF should be reconstituted in NaCl first, then BW second choice. AA is unnecessary muscle damage/irritation for MGF.
You MGF vial shouldnt last very long anyways. 2 weeks max.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

I will ask Carlito.

bb
How long does PEG MGF last in BW?

feelinhulkish

Awards
I bought 1000ml of acetic acid (irragation) each 100ml contains 250mg. Ph 3.1 (2.8 to 3.4) sterile nonpyrogenic. Not for injection. Can I use this for igf-1 and can I dilute with distilled water that I filter

feelinhulkish

Awards
aa

I bought 1000ml of acetic acid (irragation) each 100ml contains 250mg. Ph 3.1 (2.8 to 3.4) sterile nonpyrogenic. Not for injection. Can I use this for igf-1 and can I dilute with distilled water that I filter

Don Corleone

Awards
So how did the vinegar solution work out for you guys? I just made some myself using 7.7 parts distilled water and 1 part white distilled vinegar, and ran it through 2 sterile whatman's...hope this works. Is it ok to dilute with BW for injection? I know NaCL is preferred, just don't have it on hand today...

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
So how did the vinegar solution work out for you guys? I just made some myself using 7.7 parts distilled water and 1 part white distilled vinegar, and ran it through 2 sterile whatman's...hope this works. Is it ok to dilute with BW for injection? I know NaCL is preferred, just don't have it on hand today...
i've used it six times and it works good so far (knock on wood). i only used 1 whatmans filter too so you should be more than fine. i also use bac water to dilute and thats going great as well. :thumbsup:

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Yes no real difference in using BW or sterile water to dilute with if the injection is immediate.

bb

Don Corleone

Awards
Something was weird about this batch of IGF I mixed...first of all, usually my IGF is sort of blocked at the bottom of the vial, but this time it looked as though some of it (not much) broke off and was in a powder...and when I reconstituted it, the rest of the block immediately went into concentration, but there was that powder left, so I swirled it around for a few seconds gently and it did go into solution. I administered 40mcg, it stung (diluted with 4 parts BW to 1 part IGF mix, was this not enough?), and I didn't go hypo at all. Granted, I've been on a keto diet, so I don't know how that changes things, but I did use 50g waxy maize starch right after administration, and went right back to my keto diet an hour later. I would've figured I still went a little hypo...perhaps not from just 40mcg, or was it ruined to begin with because of the broken powder and such?