What brought you here

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. What brought you here

So the return of @Brandinoooo and @mmorso got me to thinking. I came to AM much later in life than most. Lurked for several years before I joined, then still didn't contribute much for awhile. Made some pretty good friends here, and watched people come and go. There are several here that I am closer to than people I could actually see daily, people that I consider true friends, even though I may never meet them face to face.

So, what brought you here? If you left, what brought you back?
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

2. Not even sure how many of these peeps are still around.......
    @hairygrandpa @rtmilburn @SFreed @Ulfhednar @HIT4ME @wesb2387 @Tank999 @DennisTheDane @Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda @LeanEngineer @coltonwalker @Brandinooooo @Sparkss @blueline438 @lifted67 @smith_69 @Daehlluks @FireTitan @alphagainz @ChocolateClen @justhere4comm @matt8483 @ryane87 @nostrum420 @mmorso @thebigt @Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 @TNlifting @Matthersby @BloodManor @angcd3 @habajaba @mmorso @cwages @TheMyth @lukehayd @thebigt @Oconns28 @jalfrey @bloodnthunder @jtmass @Martyfnemec @christ83189 @GrizzleB @BOSSMAN @chedapalooza @BennyMagoo79 @Brienn8989 @Tbl16 @Bman1970 @PoSiTiVeFLoW @Cgkone @LeanEngineer @AntM1564 @Newth @SouthPawSD @christ83189 @SkRaw85 @flandersguy @MrKleen73 @Whiskey @Cscott622 @Hyde @bloodnthunder @Newth @love2liftkat @stacy1212 @RickyBlobby @bigbeaph @JoePaul39 @adammorrow36 @Rocket3015 @swimfan65 @Humble
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

3. Hmmn... the long story? Ok, I thought about it, and if you want the full story I will give it but who would be interested?

As a teenager I was into working out, supplements, etc.in college I used to visit another site a lot called Anabolic Extreme. When I got out of college and into the real world, I stopped. I gained about 120 pounds. I stayed there for 10+ years. About 6 years ago, I witnessed my 86 year old grandmother losing her ability to walk, saw my 62 year old dad struggling with bad knees and my 59 year old mother not far behind and then looked at myself. I realized I had to change my path and started lifting again.

I started looking to learn again and discuss ideas, etc. - and found this site. Like you I probably didn't post too much at first but slowly got more and more into it until at one point it probably became too big of a part of my life.

Still, like you and including you, I made some really good friends on here...people I wish I could meet in real life and people who challenge me and teach me a lot. It's a great group.

And go ahead and say it...you'd hate to see the long version.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

4. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Not even sure how many of these peeps are still around.......
    @hairygrandpa @rtmilburn @SFreed @Ulfhednar @HIT4ME @wesb2387 @Tank999 @DennisTheDane @Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda @LeanEngineer @coltonwalker @Brandinooooo @Sparkss @blueline438 @lifted67 @smith_69 @Daehlluks @FireTitan @alphagainz @ChocolateClen @justhere4comm @matt8483 @ryane87 @nostrum420 @mmorso @thebigt @Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 @TNlifting @Matthersby @BloodManor @angcd3 @habajaba @mmorso @cwages @TheMyth @lukehayd @thebigt @Oconns28 @jalfrey @bloodnthunder @jtmass @Martyfnemec @christ83189 @GrizzleB @BOSSMAN @chedapalooza @BennyMagoo79 @Brienn8989 @Tbl16 @Bman1970 @PoSiTiVeFLoW @Cgkone @LeanEngineer @AntM1564 @Newth @SouthPawSD @christ83189 @SkRaw85 @flandersguy @MrKleen73 @Whiskey @Cscott622 @Hyde @bloodnthunder @Newth @love2liftkat @stacy1212 @RickyBlobby @bigbeaph @JoePaul39 @adammorrow36 @Rocket3015 @swimfan65 @Humble
    In I'll post later

5. @HIT4ME All I can say Jeff is thanks for being there
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    @HIT4ME All I can say Jeff is thanks for being there
    Ditto man. You have always found a way to make me laugh. Even when I have been going through tough times myself. The healing power of meme and all.
    "I've never seen anyone change his mind because of the power of a superior argument or the acquisition of new facts. But I've seen plenty of people change behavior to avoid being mocked." -Scott Adams

7. I was googling gym day and typed gym gay by mistake...

Seriously though, I joined several boards, and this is the ony one that didn't suck as bad as the rest...

Ok, really seriously. I lurked for a while on several boards, but this was, and is the best by far.
    What keeps me here is the great information; genuine caring of others; and fabulous humor by all.

BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

8. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    I was googling gym day and typed gym gay by mistake...

Seriously though, I joined several boards, and this is the ony one that didn't suck as bad as the rest...

Ok, really seriously. I lurked for a while on several boards, but this was, and is the best by far.
    What keeps me here is the great information; genuine caring of others; and fabulous humor by all.

Best beard game of them all. And the guy that led me to Sedation. Thanks Mark
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

9. I came here to learn about anabolics. Namely, prohormones and designer steroids. Ended up joining and reading and after a while started commenting on stuff and made my own threads. Have made some good friends here and learned alot. I did leave for a while because life got busy and i stopped lifting. Then i started lifting again and missed the comaradarie and came back

10. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    I was googling gym day and typed gym gay by mistake...

No if you Google gay gym you would have found me in @hairgrandpas basement doing weird as sh!t while locked in my cage.

11. I started here, as I was young and need to learn a lot, as I wanted to become as strong and big as possible for football. I need to learn better dieting, and routines. So I lurked forever. Then I first posted because I wanted free sh!t.

I stayed and became an active member, because everyone here is great, funny, and genuine good people who actually care.

Man have I changed along the way.

I never would have been on the path I am now if it wasn't for this place.

I never would have came within 5 pounds of breaking a state record for bench at my 16 (at least I think it was 16, it may have been 17).

I wouldn't have gained the knowledge to start R&D for my own POTENTIAL Supplement line.

I also credit this place for my success in college.

It also got me stuck in @hairygrandpas basement so..... Maybe it hasn't been a positive after all? Haha

12. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    No if you Google gay gym you would have found me in @hairgrandpas basement doing weird as sh!t while locked in my cage.
    lol... with his shower cap on.
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Follidrone 2.0 | Vector | Letrone | Rebirth | Exotherm | Nootrol | Viron | Prolactrone +
    15% code: MARK15 Want to know more?

13. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    lol... with his shower cap on.
    @hairygrandpa shower cap and @Brandinooooo towel pic
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

14. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    ... So, what brought you here? If you left, what brought you back?
    Well, there was this burning bush that spoke to me -and I followed a star in the sky, then fish fell from heaven and almost killed me.
    Wait, nah... This was last night after someone sold me pills at the techno party.

I was googling "before/after" pics and landed here. Thought it was the right place to start documenting my transformation story -while getting info on how to use roids. I was right.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

15. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Well, there was this burning bush that spoke to me -and I followed a star in the sky, then fish fell from heaven and almost killed me.
    Wait, nah... This was last night after someone sold me pills at the techno party.

I was googling "before/after" pics and landed here. Thought it was the right place to start documenting my transformation story -while getting info on how to use roids. I was right.
    That dmt had you tripping like Moses, from all the dmt in the burning acacia bush. That had him writing the ten commandments.

No seriously, the acacia bush is what almost all historian believe to be the burning bush. And the acacia bush is LOADED with dmt. Some historian believe this mother fuker was just tripping balls.

Frankly I believe both ends of the story are true. He was tripping balls and he did actually see god.

I was atheist until I tried dmt, and I saw god. It was to real to be fake, it was too true in it's words and comfort to be fake, it's showed me everything I need to know (at that moment of time).

Now it didn't tell me to change the world or to be a new prophet, but I do not doubt it did with Moses. Seriously I'm not fuking kidding. Man this is a weird and awkward rant. My bad lol.

16. Subbed... Iíll get back to this

17. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    That dmt had you tripping like Moses, from all the dmt in the burning acacia bush. That had him writing the ten commandments.

No seriously, the acacia bush is what almost all historian believe to be the burning bush. And the acacia bush is LOADED with dmt. Some historian believe this mother fuker was just tripping balls.

Frankly I believe both ends of the story are true. He was tripping balls and he did actually see god.

I was atheist until I tried dmt, and I saw god. It was to real to be fake, it was too true in it's words and comfort to be fake, it's showed me everything I need to know (at that moment of time).

Now it didn't tell me to change the world or to be a new prophet, but I do not doubt it did with Moses. Seriously I'm not fuking kidding. Man this is a weird and awkward rant. My bad lol.
    I found him too. He was hiding behind an old book on my shelf. Hairy and with eight legs...ugly mofo.

18. @mmorso Mike has done some amazing things. I could only hope that someday i can cange lives like he has
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

19. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    @mmorso Mike has done some amazing things. I could only hope that someday i can cange lives like he has
    Seriously. I just found out and man it made me cry a little. @mmorso is as good of a guy as it gets.

20. To learn.

21. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    @mmorso Mike has done some amazing things. I could only hope that someday i can cange lives like he has
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Seriously. I just found out and man it made me cry a little. @mmorso is as good of a guy as it gets.

Yep, I heard. Works with troubled kids now, right? Cool! Few have the nerves and patience.

I changed some lifes this week too. I fired two employees.

22. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Yep, I heard. Works with troubled kids now, right? Cool! Few have the nerves and patience.

I changed some lifes this week too. I fired two employees.
    Haha man you never ceases to make me laugh.

23. Not interesting as others. But, I was looking around for reviews on Pro Hormones (positive and negative side effects). Kept reading about different people and their experience with PHs and real gear. There were a few questions I had and wanted answers for them. So, I joined.

My first thread was also on PHs and I am still Natty. lol

I thought with 1yr of training I should dabble with PHs to see better results. But, what kept me here is the knowledge people have. I read and learnt from good people here. I remember asking @hairygrandpa If I should consider jumping the ship and he said Fck No! I just kept optimising the way I eat, the way I train etc and I saw tremendous changes in my body.

Glad I joined.

24. Quote Originally Posted by jtmass View Post
    Not interesting as others. But, I was looking around for reviews on Pro Hormones (positive and negative side effects). Kept reading about different people and their experience with PHs and real gear. There were a few questions I had and wanted answers for them. So, I joined.

My first thread was also on PHs and I am still Natty. lol

I thought with 1yr of training I should dabble with PHs to see better results. But, what kept me here is the knowledge people have. I read and learnt from good people here. I remember asking @hairygrandpa If I should consider jumping the ship and he said Fck No! I just kept optimising the way I eat, the way I train etc and I saw tremendous changes in my body.

Glad I joined.
    Fuk @hairygrandpa he trapped my in his basement in bananaland. Now go juice your self to the gills. Haha I kid I kid. @hairygrandpa gave you good advice, and you are looking solid.

25. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Lmao Iím no saint... I lose my sh1t and cuss the boys out on the daily. Honestly though, Iíve always had this idea of using bodybuilding/fitness as a form of drug rehab... when I was lifting/counting macros/supplementing/etc, I was (as all you guys are) aware of every single thing I put in my body...

I want to start getting some of the junkies in the program into weighing food and counting protein etc... I think it replaces a similar obsession and no ones doing it with kids... at my last job I got the boys into lifting and sh1t but never really got them into the nutrition side of things with them...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. If you had 72 hours to live what would you do???
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 12:54 AM
  3. Newbie here.. What do you guys know about this product:
    By pumpdaddy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
  4. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 06:21 PM
  5. What got you into fitness/bodybuilding??
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 05:53 PM