What brought you here

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the return of @Brandinoooo and mmorso got me to thinking. I came to AM much later in life than most. Lurked for several years before I joined, then still didn't contribute much for awhile. Made some pretty good friends here, and watched people come and go. There are several here that I am closer to than people I could actually see daily, people that I consider true friends, even though I may never meet them face to face.

So, what brought you here? If you left, what brought you back?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not even sure how many of these peeps are still around.......
hairygrandpa rtmilburn SFreed Ulfhednar HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker @Brandinooooo Sparkss @blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 Daehlluks FireTitan @alphagainz @ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso thebigt Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 TNlifting Matthersby @BloodManor @angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth lukehayd thebigt Oconns28 jalfrey @bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec @christ83189 GrizzleB @BOSSMAN @chedapalooza @BennyMagoo79 @Brienn8989 Tbl16 @Bman1970 PoSiTiVeFLoW @Cgkone LeanEngineer @AntM1564 Newth SouthPawSD @christ83189 SkRaw85 flandersguy MrKleen73 Whiskey Cscott622 Hyde @bloodnthunder Newth love2liftkat stacy1212 RickyBlobby @bigbeaph JoePaul39 @adammorrow36 Rocket3015 swimfan65 Humble

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hmmn... the long story? Ok, I thought about it, and if you want the full story I will give it but who would be interested?

As a teenager I was into working out, supplements, etc.in college I used to visit another site a lot called Anabolic Extreme. When I got out of college and into the real world, I stopped. I gained about 120 pounds. I stayed there for 10+ years. About 6 years ago, I witnessed my 86 year old grandmother losing her ability to walk, saw my 62 year old dad struggling with bad knees and my 59 year old mother not far behind and then looked at myself. I realized I had to change my path and started lifting again.

I started looking to learn again and discuss ideas, etc. - and found this site. Like you I probably didn't post too much at first but slowly got more and more into it until at one point it probably became too big of a part of my life.

Still, like you and including you, I made some really good friends on here...people I wish I could meet in real life and people who challenge me and teach me a lot. It's a great group.

And go ahead and say it...you'd hate to see the long version.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hairygrandpa rtmilburn SFreed Ulfhednar HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz @BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker @Brandinooooo Sparkss @blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 Daehlluks FireTitan @alphagainz @ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso thebigt Dirty Dan @Bmac63095 TNlifting Matthersby @BloodManor @angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth lukehayd thebigt Oconns28 jalfrey @bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec @christ83189 GrizzleB @BOSSMAN @chedapalooza @BennyMagoo79 @Brienn8989 Tbl16 @Bman1970 PoSiTiVeFLoW @Cgkone LeanEngineer @AntM1564 Newth SouthPawSD @christ83189 SkRaw85 flandersguy MrKleen73 Whiskey Cscott622 Hyde @bloodnthunder Newth love2liftkat stacy1212 RickyBlobby @bigbeaph JoePaul39 @adammorrow36 Rocket3015 swimfan65 Humble
In I'll post later

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HIT4ME All I can say Jeff is thanks for being there

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME All I can say Jeff is thanks for being there
Ditto man. You have always found a way to make me laugh. Even when I have been going through tough times myself. The healing power of meme and all.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was googling gym day and typed gym gay by mistake...

Seriously though, I joined several boards, and this is the ony one that didn't suck as bad as the rest...

Ok, really seriously. I lurked for a while on several boards, but this was, and is the best by far.
What keeps me here is the great information; genuine caring of others; and fabulous humor by all.

:afro:

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Seriously though, I joined several boards, and this is the ony one that didn't suck as bad as the rest...

Ok, really seriously. I lurked for a while on several boards, but this was, and is the best by far.
What keeps me here is the great information; genuine caring of others; and fabulous humor by all.

Best beard game of them all. And the guy that led me to Sedation. Thanks Mark

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I came here to learn about anabolics. Namely, prohormones and designer steroids. Ended up joining and reading and after a while started commenting on stuff and made my own threads. Have made some good friends here and learned alot. I did leave for a while because life got busy and i stopped lifting. Then i started lifting again and missed the comaradarie and came back

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

No if you Google gay gym you would have found me in @hairgrandpas basement doing weird as sh!t while locked in my cage.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started here, as I was young and need to learn a lot, as I wanted to become as strong and big as possible for football. I need to learn better dieting, and routines. So I lurked forever. Then I first posted because I wanted free sh!t.

I stayed and became an active member, because everyone here is great, funny, and genuine good people who actually care.

Man have I changed along the way.

I never would have been on the path I am now if it wasn't for this place.

I never would have came within 5 pounds of breaking a state record for bench at my 16 (at least I think it was 16, it may have been 17).

I wouldn't have gained the knowledge to start R&D for my own POTENTIAL Supplement line.

I also credit this place for my success in college.

It also got me stuck in hairygrandpas basement so..... Maybe it hasn't been a positive after all? Haha

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No if you Google gay gym you would have found me in @hairgrandpas basement doing weird as sh!t while locked in my cage.
lol... with his shower cap on.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
... So, what brought you here? If you left, what brought you back?
Well, there was this burning bush that spoke to me -and I followed a star in the sky, then fish fell from heaven and almost killed me.
Wait, nah... This was last night after someone sold me pills at the techno party.

I was googling "before/after" pics and landed here. Thought it was the right place to start documenting my transformation story -while getting info on how to use roids. :) I was right.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, there was this burning bush that spoke to me -and I followed a star in the sky, then fish fell from heaven and almost killed me.
Wait, nah... This was last night after someone sold me pills at the techno party.

I was googling "before/after" pics and landed here. Thought it was the right place to start documenting my transformation story -while getting info on how to use roids. :) I was right.
That dmt had you tripping like Moses, from all the dmt in the burning acacia bush. That had him writing the ten commandments.

No seriously, the acacia bush is what almost all historian believe to be the burning bush. And the acacia bush is LOADED with dmt. Some historian believe this mother fuker was just tripping balls.

Frankly I believe both ends of the story are true. He was tripping balls and he did actually see god.

I was atheist until I tried dmt, and I saw god. It was to real to be fake, it was too true in it's words and comfort to be fake, it's showed me everything I need to know (at that moment of time).

Now it didn't tell me to change the world or to be a new prophet, but I do not doubt it did with Moses. Seriously I'm not fuking kidding. Man this is a weird and awkward rant. My bad lol.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That dmt had you tripping like Moses, from all the dmt in the burning acacia bush. That had him writing the ten commandments.

No seriously, the acacia bush is what almost all historian believe to be the burning bush. And the acacia bush is LOADED with dmt. Some historian believe this mother fuker was just tripping balls.

Frankly I believe both ends of the story are true. He was tripping balls and he did actually see god.

I was atheist until I tried dmt, and I saw god. It was to real to be fake, it was too true in it's words and comfort to be fake, it's showed me everything I need to know (at that moment of time).

Now it didn't tell me to change the world or to be a new prophet, but I do not doubt it did with Moses. Seriously I'm not fuking kidding. Man this is a weird and awkward rant. My bad lol.
I found him too. He was hiding behind an old book on my shelf. Hairy and with eight legs...ugly mofo.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mmorso Mike has done some amazing things. I could only hope that someday i can cange lives like he has

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mmorso Mike has done some amazing things. I could only hope that someday i can cange lives like he has
Seriously. I just found out and man it made me cry a little. mmorso is as good of a guy as it gets.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously. I just found out and man it made me cry a little. mmorso is as good of a guy as it gets.

Yep, I heard. Works with troubled kids now, right? Cool! Few have the nerves and patience.

I changed some lifes this week too. I fired two employees.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, I heard. Works with troubled kids now, right? Cool! Few have the nerves and patience.

I changed some lifes this week too. I fired two employees.
Haha man you never ceases to make me laugh.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not interesting as others. But, I was looking around for reviews on Pro Hormones (positive and negative side effects). Kept reading about different people and their experience with PHs and real gear. There were a few questions I had and wanted answers for them. So, I joined.

My first thread was also on PHs and I am still Natty. lol

I thought with 1yr of training I should dabble with PHs to see better results. But, what kept me here is the knowledge people have. I read and learnt from good people here. I remember asking hairygrandpa If I should consider jumping the ship and he said Fck No! I just kept optimising the way I eat, the way I train etc and I saw tremendous changes in my body.

Glad I joined.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not interesting as others. But, I was looking around for reviews on Pro Hormones (positive and negative side effects). Kept reading about different people and their experience with PHs and real gear. There were a few questions I had and wanted answers for them. So, I joined.

My first thread was also on PHs and I am still Natty. lol

I thought with 1yr of training I should dabble with PHs to see better results. But, what kept me here is the knowledge people have. I read and learnt from good people here. I remember asking hairygrandpa If I should consider jumping the ship and he said Fck No! I just kept optimising the way I eat, the way I train etc and I saw tremendous changes in my body.

Glad I joined.
Fuk hairygrandpa he trapped my in his basement in bananaland. Now go juice your self to the gills. Haha I kid I kid. hairygrandpa gave you good advice, and you are looking solid.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Lmao I’m no saint... I lose my sh1t and cuss the boys out on the daily. Honestly though, I’ve always had this idea of using bodybuilding/fitness as a form of drug rehab... when I was lifting/counting macros/supplementing/etc, I was (as all you guys are) aware of every single thing I put in my body...

I want to start getting some of the junkies in the program into weighing food and counting protein etc... I think it replaces a similar obsession and no ones doing it with kids... at my last job I got the boys into lifting and sh1t but never really got them into the nutrition side of things with them...

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had been on some other boards previously and found AM to be the best. It was an easy choice for me. People were willing to help each other out.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmao I’m no saint... I lose my sh1t and cuss the boys out on the daily. Honestly though, I’ve always had this idea of using bodybuilding/fitness as a form of drug rehab... when I was lifting/counting macros/supplementing/etc, I was (as all you guys are) aware of every single thing I put in my body...

I want to start getting some of the junkies in the program into weighing food and counting protein etc... I think it replaces a similar obsession and no ones doing it with kids... at my last job I got the boys into lifting and sh1t but never really got them into the nutrition side of things with them...
Don't need to act as a saint to be one. Tough love is necessary. You are changing lives, and I could have used someone like you when I was a teen. I would have hated you, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't have eventually appreciated it.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also Brandinooooo and mmorso to update you guys, there have two chicks we encountered, here on AM. One was a spam who sent us all nudes, but actually was dude trying to get back at his ex. Second was stacy1212 who we thought was doing the same, as she came on here just a few days later. Turns out she is real and just as fuked up as me hairygrandpa combined, and hilarious. However, she disappear for months randomly. Sure there is more but that's the most important.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also Brandinooooo and mmorso to update you guys, there have two chicks we encountered, here on AM. One was a spam who sent us all nudes, but actually was dude trying to get back at his ex. Second was stacy1212 who we thought was doing the same, as she came on here just a few days later. Turns out she is real and just as fuked up as me hairygrandpa combined, and hilarious. However, she disappear for months randomly. Sure there is more but that's the most important.
Oh also Brandinooooo how did your relationship go with the insanely cute chubby girl from Walmart, that you made tacos for.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been a member of this board for about 5 years, it is currently the only board I visit, but I have been members of Body Building Boards for years probably 10 or 15 different ones. I like it here !!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Don't need to act as a saint to be one. Tough love is necessary. You are changing lives, and I could have used someone like you when I was a teen. I would have hated you, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't have eventually appreciated it.
Is this what hairygrandpa keeps telling you when you ask why you can't leave the basement?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read AM threads for a year before I decide to take the PED plunge.
Tons of info I've taken from this site.
Really glad its here for people to use.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There is a trove of knowledge in these forums for everything that pertains to training. That’s what got me in. Good people and always learning something kept me in.

Tbl16

Awards
  • Established
For it's simple really. I had dabbled in PHs about 8-9 years ago while in the Marines. Due to many factors my training had stalled and I wanted to venture down a new path. I started doing research on PHs and designers. Got interested in AAS and joined a couple boards to read others experiences. Based on the reading I had done I figured everyone reacts differently to these drugs so I started reading logs. There's a ton of logs on this board. It's also nice to be able to post about progress and have people understand you're not just taking some magic pill. Yes these substances help but in the end it's your determination and hard work that make the results. Most of the regulars here get that.

I just don't post much.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I joined initially for a combo of aas reasearch and supplement samples/freebies! there was always so much great info and so many logs on everything that i read all the time... eventually i started to contribute as i built up my own experience and "expertise" in tons of areas. I've learn a ton from these boards and have seen some of the best and brightest come and go over the years... I just realized how long I've been on here and how long before I lurked haha

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I came here to learn some, and meet like minded people and I really enjoy reading

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How you gonna skip me on the list bro? I see how it is.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I came here to see sexy pics of bodybuilders like @dementedcowboy lmao....just kidding brother! Seriously i came to learn and find ways of getting more out of the effort I was already putting forth. AM is a super great forum.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I came here to see sexy pics of bodybuilders like @dementedcowboy lmao....just kidding brother! Seriously i came to learn and find ways of getting more out of the effort I was already putting forth. AM is a super great forum.
I know you did

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh hey guys, what's up!?!? Yeah, I'm still around....... somewhat. Haven't been lifting for a while and coming on here sort of made me feel like a hypocrite so I kinda just stopped coming here. Was visiting my mom today and she asked if I was losing weight. Thanks Mom! Time to get my punny self back to lifting!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see the thread notification icon isn't back yet. :-/

Brienn8989

Awards
  • Established
What brought me here was I kept googling **** and it wouldn’t let me read the answer to my questions unless becoming a member.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bulk nutrition forum closed up, so here I am.