Europeans - Holiday Destinations

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey

I thought I'd post on here, seeking Europeans for some recommendations.

Planning another holiday this year, will probably spend a while in Italy. Roma, Venice, Positano, Amalfi coast, Calibara etc

Croatian yacht week
Greek Islands
Barcelona (Shopping)
Ibiza

I'm curious what the hot spots are?
I loved Norway, Oslo.

Is Russia worth visiting?
Ive heard good things about Portugal too.
I might revisit Prague, I enjoyed it last time.

I was also considering 8-10 days around North Africa, as 3-4 cities are very close and I assume ferries go between.

Alexandria
Beirut
Jerusalem
And I spose Cyrus

I thought it would be something different?

Any recommendations would be awesome

Thank you

glizcus

glizcus

Awards
Hi! I'm from Spain. Barcelona it's a great city, I love it.
I've never been in Ibiza, but Mallorca and Canary Islands would be my recommendations. Really amazing beaches, sun, nice people...
Also, if you have the opportunity of visiting the north of Spain, Asturias its amazing, cold weather but the landscapes and the food are incredible.

phoenix4

phoenix4

Awards
What's up AdelV!!!!! I'm Spanish too, living in Madrid now but raised in Balearic Islands. All the places glizcus mentioned are simply awesome!!! I Think too much destinations for one trip!! Barcelona, ibiza and Balearic Islands are a must... Portugal is beatiful too.
Definitely Russia is worth it.

If you need more detailed info from Spain feel free to ask.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I went on 2 'med' cruises and a 'nato' cruise back in late 70's before swapping for west coast....the most underrated place back then was lisbon Portugal....the nightlife was fantastic, plenty of what I would call 'gothic' architecture, good transportation, relatively low crime and very reasonable prices.....of course things might have changed since then but the architecture alone is worth it, imo-like stepping on a movie set from the 1800's!!!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When should one avoid the Med. parts of Spain due to drunken British tourists?

phoenix4

phoenix4

Awards
Normally, july and august. The two primary summer months are the worst... Balearic islands and beaches are taken by British tourists drinking, eating like there is no tomorrow.
Not every British tourist is a drunken one, don't get me wrong...... Sorry for the British forum members

glizcus

glizcus

Awards
Normally, july and august. The two primary summer months are the worst... Balearic islands and beaches are taken by British tourists drinking, eating like there is no tomorrow.
Not every British tourist is a drunken one, don't get me wrong...... Sorry for the British forum members
True story hahaha. Two years ago I worked in the Mallorca airport... It was full of German, Russian and British tourists, drunk all the time. It was so funny.
And yes! It's better to avoid summer months, literally millions of tourists.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
My favourite place in Spain is Javea, a far cry from Benidorm!!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome feedback so far, but what else outside of Spain? ?

I'm travelling from Australia, so I can't spend too much time in 1 country. ?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
What are you wanting to see, ancient historical sites or just general sightseeing?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you wanting to see, ancient historical sites or just general sightseeing?
Beautiful women.

?

Were spending around 12 days in Italy, probably 8-10 in the Greek Islands.

Croatian islands 50/50

Other countries were interested in:
Portugal
Norway
Sweden
Russia
Czech
Turkey

Looking into Egypt(Alexandria), and Israel.

I think we've got around 44-50 days to play with. Europe has so much to offer, I've been to a fair few places so just wondering if there's any new hot spots.

Honestly, I'm not that interested in sight seeing in peak summer. I did that the other year, and it got a bit boring after a while.

Definitely looking for a mixture, or to relax more.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a Norwegian living in Sweden id say go and see Bergen.

https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/bergen/

And if you want to see some of the most breathtaking nature go to Geiranger

https://www.visitnorway.com/places-to-go/fjord-norway/the-geirangerfjord/
I loved Oslo, I met these girls in Bali and came and stayed with them. Oslo was just full of beautiful girls, and most the Swedish I met were beautiful too ?

I was loving it, don't think many Australians visit. I'm actually German born Italian background tho.

I'll definitely look at those 2 places, thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 9
Supplements 32
Supplements 190
Supplements 0
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 2