Pain & Gain

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

The trailer had me rolling so I can only imagine how much subtle yet classic cliche stereotype weight lifter humor will be contained within.

Can't wait ;)

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta say marky mark knows weightlifting..

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It looks to be a really entertaining movie.
It's based on a true story, and the real story is absolutely crazy.
Here is a link to the real story that the movie is based on.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12-23/news/pain-gain/

It's a long three part story, but well worth the read.

Peace
Thanks for the link. Now I have to find the time to read all of that ;)

You saw Date Night?

This movie promises to top Date Night in ROFLOL humor :D

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
when i heard about the movie i couldnt' wait to see it

then the trailor came out.....this movie looks sooo cheesy, like fast and furious cheesy....i'm not even sure i'll go see it, just burn it off the internet

marky mark is the man...but i'm not fan of the rock, i think he's a terrible actor

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
It's because Michael Bay makes movies into to cinema garbage. His style is awful, overly flashy and corny which dilutes the plots of his films to piss. I wish he would just stop taking would be cool movies and massacring them.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's entertainment and an escape from the seriousness and intensity that life can become. Really nothing more. I'm not thinking an Oscar when I see Mark Walhberg and Dwayne Johnson but I do like their sardonic and or comical roles.

As a matter of fact I hope it is a bomb in theatrical release because of those who chose not to go to the theater to see it based its quality on the trailer like you guys did. Then it will very soon be in RedBox (I will never go and pay theater prices for any movie of any kind ever again and havent in many years - unless I get a gift card for Christmas or birthday) and the wife and I can drink magaritas, eat chips and salsa and watch it on my big screen on my couch neked :D

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Re: Pain & Gain

It's entertainment and an escape from the seriousness and intensity that life can become. Really nothing more. I'm not thinking an Oscar when I see Mark Walhberg and Dwayne Johnson but I do like their sardonic and or comical roles.

As a matter of fact I hope it is a bomb in theatrical release to the general populations who view it by the trailer like you guys did. Then it will very soon be in RedBox (I will never go and pay theater prices for any movie of any kind ever again - unless I get a gift card for Christmas or birthday) and the wife and I can drink magaritas, eat chips and salsa and watch it on my big screen on my couch neked :D
Yea but if you take your wife to the theater, you can call it a date...or a night out...lol. :D

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

You just can't get neked..

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards

As a matter of fact I hope it is a bomb in theatrical release because of those who chose not to go to the theater to see it based its quality on the trailer like you guys did. Then it will very soon be in RedBox (I will never go and pay theater prices for any movie of any kind ever again and havent in many years - unless I get a gift card for Christmas or birthday) and the wife and I can drink magaritas, eat chips and salsa and watch it on my big screen on my couch neked :D
Went to see the Hobbit with the fam. over Christmas 100 bucks easy albeit the flick was in 3d

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea but if you take your wife to the theater, you can call it a date...or a night out...lol. :D
You made me remember that I DO still have a Harkin's gift card in my wallet. Ironically my wife likes (in a nonthreatening and jealousy creating way) them both as well. May just do that.
You just can't get neked..
Whoa! Says who? I never saw any signs forbidding it. Have the theater changed that much since I've last been. ;)

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Whoa! Says who? I never saw any signs forbidding it. Have the theater changed that much since I've last been. ;)
Ok then Just remember to sit way in the back.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established

True mark Walberg and the rock don't advocate Oscar quality movie but after reading that crazy story I was picturing a film done in similar style to fight club or other testosterone packed cult classics. Ill watch any movie that lets my brain escape on an adventure for two hours but Michael Bay tends to get carried away making the movie more about his flashy overdone camera angle sequences than the actual plot. I like the theatre (for $5 matinees or $1 movie ) but your right big budget flashy films that bomb are great IMO to get from redbox. Spending $12 a person on mindless entertainment is rediculous.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's because Michael Bay makes movies into to cinema garbage. His style is awful, overly flashy and corny which dilutes the plots of his films to piss. I wish he would just stop taking would be cool movies and massacring them.
This is true. The Bay movies are usually more about the flash then they are anything else... all that aside I must say I was a fan of all three of the Transformer movies (and apparently he is doing a 4th?) Explosions and giant robots fighting? **** yea! That kind of stuff was all I ever had in my imagination when I was a kid building legos and destroying them in the best ways I could. Bad Boys 2 wasn't too bad but was definitely over the top and I liked The Rock and The Island as well. This movie looks ridiculous. I wonder how many of the Michael Bay spinning shots we'll see in this one?

[video=youtube;DPtHPgZmZdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtHPgZmZdA[/video]

LOL

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Those spinning shots drive me nuts , it's ok for one or two dramatic points in the film but the guy does it every time there's any dialogue. I did like the transformers movies except for the last one because it was like that way to much. I just find him truly unoriginal filming every damn movie like that. He should be filming awful rap videos not full length movies,