Some people shouldn't be allowed in the gym

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Now I'm not usually one to bash on novice lifters, we all were there once in our lives. However, this guy takes idiocy to a whole new level. Age wise, he must be between 62-68ish, clearly never worked out in his life. I'm in between sets on barbell curls, clearly in my zone (headphones on, very focused.... in other words DON'T come talk to me!). I watch this guy use every ounce of energy in his body to lift a 115lb DB off the rack and slam it on the ground. He then proceeds to push it across the entire gym floor with his foot, ending at a preacher curl stand. I'm thinking there is no way this guy is being serious. He then starts walking away from it, coming directly toward me. At this point I'm trying to keep myself exploding. He comes up right behind me, puts his hand on my shoulder and asks if I'm using the preacher stand.... the stand that is 15 feet away from me that I haven't touched once this entire session. Being a nice guy I say "Nope, it's all yours." Now this is where it gets good. He continues walking away from me toward two other dudes lifting together, he's now across the entire floor from the stand. He puts his arms around there wastes from behind them and asks the same question, they both laugh and say the same thing I did. He walks back to the stand, almost has a hernia lifting it into position, tries to curl it which ends in about 2.8 seconds and comes crashing to the ground. He pushes it with his foot all the across the floor, lifts it onto the rack and leaves. Here's the vid I tried to shoot, notice when turn my phone away the CRASH.

YouTube- Idiot attempting 115lb dumbbell preacher curl

Southrn

Awards
You would think if he knew he couldn't lift it all the way over that there was no way he was going to be able to curl it:ponder:

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
WTF??? :laugh:

I wish I could preacher a buck fifteen DB...........That's fukkin hilarious......:laugh:

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
So he can barely lift it off the rack, yet he thinks he can do a preacher curl with it? I can't stand when people try to look stronger than they are. I have more respect for those that lift light weights with proper form, just like most of us started.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see that kind of thing all the time with kids from age 15 to adults to old geezers xD...

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
That was hilarious.

I saw the same thing a little while ago, but it was on the incline bench. Old Indian guy un-racked it and it went straight to his chest and as he was tipping sideways (about to fall off the incline bench) a guy closer to him saved him.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Give the guy a break, he's friggin 65 yrs old ....

Although, that was pretty damn funny ...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
At this point I'm trying to keep myself exploding. He comes up right behind me, puts his hand on my shoulder.......... He puts his arms around there wastes from behind them ....
Sounds like a gay skin flick man...