How much muscle did you gain in a month?

YaMom12

Awards
Ok so I was recently watching a video by a YouTube named Joma on how he gained 10 pounds of muscle in a month and at first I thought was bs, but I was talking to a couple of people who have also claimed to gain 10 pounds of muscle in a month. Of course experts say it’s impossible and maybe so but some people I know say from personal experience you can gain weigh more than what most say which is 2-3 pounds, what are your guys takes?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok so I was recently watching a video by a YouTube named Joma on how he gained 10 pounds of muscle in a month and at first I thought was bs, but I was talking to a couple of people who have also claimed to gain 10 pounds of muscle in a month. Of course experts say it’s impossible and maybe so but some people I know say from personal experience you can gain weigh more than what most say which is 2-3 pounds, what are your guys takes?
A buddy of mine gained 11lb of muscle in less than 3 months on the carnivore diet. He only ate meat. About 5000 calories in meat a day. Took a body scan before and after.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A buddy of mine gained 11lb of muscle in less than 3 months on the carnivore diet. He only ate meat. About 5000 calories in meat a day. Took a body scan before and after.
5k calories in meat? Now thats a record

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are we beginners or experienced lifters? Are we natural or on gear?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
You can gain a good chunk depending on hormones, insulin levels, if coming back from injury(muscle memory).
But it will slow down for sure, unless you are pumping your body full of AAS, slin, gh, etc..

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They were pretty experienced but young
I mean in general what are we talking about. I don't think there's a known limit but I know it depends a lot on how much muscle you already have. I got huge withing 3 months compared to before when I first started training, now it really takes me quite a lot.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean in general what are we talking about. I don't think there's a known limit but I know it depends a lot on how much muscle you already have. I got huge withing 3 months compared to before when I first started training, now it really takes me quite a lot.
What supps were you takeing to get huge in that 3 month window.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What supps were you takeing to get huge in that 3 month window.
I wasnt doing anything special, long ass time ago. Probably had some creatine gainer and protein powder. It's just that when you first start you tend to grow quite quickly. Not saying I was some massive human being but results came quickly cause my body was new to it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Putting on weight is easy, determining how much is muscle is not. I can easily put on 10-15lbs in 30 days with a bulk diet and train heavy, but only a percentage will be actual muscle once you have many years of experience.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Best way to figure this out is the have your body fat and mass tested. Some tests I’ve seen gives you the muscle percentage of each area if he body as well.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Naturally or? Cause, I mean... I’ve put on some serious weight really fast. A bunch of times.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
The guy in the clip is a skinny beginner a long way off nearing his genetic potential so yes it's very plausible he gained 10lb of muscle in a month and I wouldn't be surprised if he gained another 10lb just as easy. As a skinny kid I gained 24lb of lean mass in 3 months just by looking at gym equipment and thinking about putting more food in my mouth and by the end of the year I'd gained 40lb of muscle. Keep in mind that brought me to a mere 165lb at 5'11 so a far cry from being big. It really is that easy to gain for an underweight kid coming from a sedentary lifestyle. Going from 160lb to 200lb took 5 years of consistent hard work and really 190lb is my limit in lean trim.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't care who you are or what you are on, no one is gaining 10lbs of muscle in a month. Even a skinny beginner consuming all the protein they want and lifting with an optimal program is going to gain maybe 3-4 pounds max and that would be an outlier.

Can you can 10lbs in a month- of course and it isn't all that difficult. But it definitely isn't going to be all muscle.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't care who you are or what you are on, no one is gaining 10lbs of muscle in a month. Even a skinny beginner consuming all the protein they want and lifting with an optimal program is going to gain maybe 3-4 pounds max and that would be an outlier.

Can you can 10lbs in a month- of course and it isn't all that difficult. But it definitely isn't going to be all muscle.
This. Glad someone is being real. I mean, the only exception I can think if here is maybe someone who got really big (especially with gear), stopped lifting and lost it all, then returned to lifting and got immense "memory gains". Still, it would be unlikely for most.

If you gain 10 pounds in a month and didn't gain at least 6 pounds of fat then get in your car and drive, as fast as you can, to the Dr. You probably have an aggressively growing tumor.

People who claim they have gained 10+ pounds of muscle in a month have a high probability that they:

1. Gained 10 pounds and think it was muscle but ignore the fat gain.

2. Did not really track how long it took to recoup memory or newbie gains.

3. Are outright lying.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So many years of ignorance filled internet with so much stupidity... now people go read logs and believe a 1andro cycle will give them 15 lbs in 2 months. Or a rad/lgd cycle will give them a nice 15 lbs of muscle in 3 months. I’m SO annoyed at this lol. Not even fucking superdrol will put 15-20 lbs of muscle on someone in a month. NOT HAPPENING. Once you take out fat gain, intra muscular water retention, glycogen retention it’s a whole other story. People really need to stop spitting lies and ignorance online saying hey I did this and gained so much muscle when In reality they just ate at a +1000 calories surplus and half if not more is pure fat.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I can only speak from experience and yes 10lb of muscle can be built naturally in a month. I was 17 at the time I started training so it's likely the influx of hormones and developmental changes helped. A lot of guys started to become more muscular during puberty even without any resistance training. I'd imagine the addition of eating at a surplus and weight training fast tracked the process. I was also often accused of taking steroids at the time and wonder how much muscle mass I'd have gained if I hadn't trained.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only speak from experience and yes 10lb of muscle can be built naturally in a month. I was 17 at the time I started training so it's likely the influx of hormones and developmental changes helped. A lot of guys started to become more muscular during puberty even without any resistance training. I'd imagine the addition of eating at a surplus and weight training fast tracked the process. I was also often accused of taking steroids at the time and wonder how much muscle mass I'd have gained if I hadn't trained.
Nope, it cannot and I guarantee you had no idea of what was just weight and what was muscle. Sorry buddy.