Mass Gainer

Cbiggie

Cbiggie

Awards
I'm 17 years old and weight about 168lbs. I've been bulking for 2 months now and for the past 3 weeks I've been stuck in weight. I am eating roughly 3200 calories a day, but I have trouble eating more. Should I take a mass gainer?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep eat more this week, then lift more next week. Also take a probiotic. You will get hungry i promise.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would only add a mass gainer if you cannot eat more. Getting calories in via liquid will be less filling and help with calorie requirements. However, if you do decide to go with a mass gainer, make your own. It is so much cheaper and you can customize the macros to fit your goals. Start with a carb base, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, etc. Add a protein source, protein powder or even Greek yogurt. Add a fat source to increase calories, coconut oil, any type of nut or nut butter. Milk, water or a milk alternative.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If milk doesn't bother your stomach drink a big glass with every meal. Don't waste money on a mass gainer. In a blender add banana and peanut butter with a protein powder. Any homemade shake is better then a mass gainer shake.

Cbiggie

Cbiggie

Awards
If milk doesn't bother your stomach drink a big glass with every meal. Don't waste money on a mass gainer. In a blender add banana and peanut butter with a protein powder. Any homemade shake is better then a mass gainer shake.
I'll definitely try it thanks

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you don't burn a ****ton of calories it's impossible at your weight not to gain with that much calories. You sure that's what you eat?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you don't burn a ****ton of calories it's impossible at your weight not to gain with that much calories. You sure that's what you eat?
I’m gonna guess op does a **** load of cardio....I’ve had that problem myself in the past.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My morning gainer goes like this

45gms of rolled oats, 400ml of whole milk, 2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter, 1 banana, 1 scoop whey, few almonds (I like the crunch), 2 Iranian dates.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm 17 years old and weight about 168lbs. I've been bulking for 2 months now and for the past 3 weeks I've been stuck in weight. I am eating roughly 3200 calories a day, but I have trouble eating more. Should I take a mass gainer?
I would get a blender and make your own gainer. jtmass has you covered. Making your own will be much cheaper and more nutritious. There are a lot of ways to add in calories without going out and buying a mass gainer powder. These products are typically filled with lower quality carbs and fillers, so making your own is a smart move.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I’m gonna guess op does a **** load of cardio....I’ve had that problem myself in the past.
More likely he either is overestimating how much he eats or is not consistent with his diet.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
More likely he either is overestimating how much he eats or is not consistent with his diet.
You may well be right, only reason I guessed cardio was that I’d estimated his AMR around 2,350-2,400 (couple of assumptions in there but shouldn’t be far off). On that basis I thought even if it was being overestimated it would have to be some hefty amount to not create a surplus.....

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You may well be right, only reason I guessed cardio was that I’d estimated his AMR around 2,350-2,400 (couple of assumptions in there but shouldn’t be far off). On that basis I thought even if it was being overestimated it would have to be some hefty amount to not create a surplus.....
How many 17year olds do you think can actually track 3200 Cal's constantly day in and out. I'm 5'9 195 currently eating 2500-3000 per day maintaining depending on my day and I work 2 jobs labor and the other involves nonstop walking and I hit the gym 4-5 days a week.

I doubt he's getting his calories

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

CleanNcrazy

Awards
I'm new her but have lurjed a long time. I thought I was a "hard gainer" until I actually tracked my macros and realized I was way off drom my goals. I do have a fast metabolism and an active lifestyle. But I havent ever got close to hitting my goals until i started tracking my food intake.

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried Russian Bear mass gainer?
My younger brother was on it for a while when he was back in high school and he gained some decent mass from it. He did mention that it was a bit annoying to drink the recommended serving.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My younger brother was on it for a while when he was back in high school and he gained some decent mass from it. He did mention that it was a bit annoying to drink the recommended serving.
Yeah. like 6 scoops. One of my friend was planning to take it and asked for advice. I have never used a gainer supplement. So, wanted to get some feedback. Thanks man.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def make your own mass gainer. Whey protein or a protein blend with peanut butter, yogurt, whole milk, ice, fruits, oatmeal...etc.

Drink more milk as well. That’s an easy way to get in calories. People underestimate how much protein and how many calories whole milk has.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Boom, couldn't have said it any better! Drink 2 a day as this will add 700-1000 cals

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
People underestimate milk!
It's tough as Milk does get a bad wrap but with all the hormones and such they are giving cows, how can it not be. I personally limit my kids intake of cow milk and give them Almond Milk as a substitute.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
It's tough as Milk does get a bad wrap but with all the hormones and such they are giving cows, how can it not be. I personally limit my kids intake of cow milk and give them Almond Milk as a substitute.
I tend to agree with this (though almond milk would be a terrible mass gainer). Unless you’re buying organic, rbST-free milk, you’re probably drinking milk that came from a cow that was treated inhumanely both in her living space (barely any room) and her being milked until she produces 6-7 gallons a day. To top it off, while organic milk is better in regards to the actual milk that comes out, farms may still over-milk them to meet demands and increase profits. Plus organic milk as a natural mass gainer would get hella expensive.... all that being said, I still drink milk. I just try to limit my intake and will opt for brands like Fairlife that have a higher protein content with lactase enzymes (even though it’s not organic and grass-fed). I’ve found myself buying more plant based protein over the past year and tend to be enjoying it. I’m probably 50/50 split right now with the protein I own being milk-based and plant-based.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I tend to agree with this (though almond milk would be a terrible mass gainer). Unless you’re buying organic, rbST-free milk, you’re probably drinking milk that came from a cow that was treated inhumanely both in her living space (barely any room) and her being milked until she produces 6-7 gallons a day. To top it off, while organic milk is better in regards to the actual milk that comes out, farms may still over-milk them to meet demands and increase profits. Plus organic milk as a natural mass gainer would get hella expensive.... all that being said, I still drink milk. I just try to limit my intake and will opt for brands like Fairlife that have a higher protein content with lactase enzymes (even though it’s not organic and grass-fed). I’ve found myself buying more plant based protein over the past year and tend to be enjoying it. I’m probably 50/50 split right now with the protein I own being milk-based and plant-based.
Appreciate the comment and whole-heartedly agree. I guess what I should have stated was using a Milk or milk alternative instead of water to up the overall calories of the shake.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate the comment and whole-heartedly agree. I guess what I should have stated was using a Milk or milk alternative instead of water to up the overall calories of the shake.
You also have to take in to account that unsweetened almond milk is pretty much water and the sweetened one have sugars. The milk has a ton of vitamins and protein. One might be healthier but one has more nutrients.

Isn't this thread quite old though?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A gallon or more a day, sure. I get it. But 1/4 - MAYBE a half of a gallon / day I think is fine. I’m usually about 1/3 of a gallon a day. Just enough to give me some extra calories.

Country

Awards
There's a gainer that's not that bad at all called cleangainer orange and black bottle not much fat only like 500 cals and regular size scoops

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a gainer that's not that bad at all called cleangainer orange and black bottle not much fat only like 500 cals and regular size scoops
How’s the sugar? What types of carbs are in it?