Combating water weight during bulking. Any advice would be appreciated for the board.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Many people struggle with water retention while bulking. Its just part of the process.

Any advice for fellow members on here to combat water weight during bulking?

I think we should have more threads like this when it comes to topics so people can learn from reading on here.

Thanks for any advice you give on here, it is much appreciated.

I'll start..... Do not ignore cardio and always hit the sauna for a minimum of 15 minutes directly after.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, I don't know why one would be that upset with water weight when bulking. A little extra water weight, for me anyways, is good with my overall strength, muscle fullness, and does help my performance. To control water weight though, a few things someone can do is to drink water. People tend to not drink water, but the body will actually retain water when people stop drinking it. Also, natural diuretics like lemon and asparagus can help. Eating salt, but not overly consuming it can help as well. High potassium foods are good too.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
First, I don't know why one would be that upset with water weight when bulking. A little extra water weight, for me anyways, is good with my overall strength, muscle fullness, and does help my performance. To control water weight though, a few things someone can do is to drink water. People tend to not drink water, but the body will actually retain water when people stop drinking it. Also, natural diuretics like lemon and asparagus can help. Eating salt, but not overly consuming it can help as well. High potassium foods are good too.
Well said.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Amazing how I end up doing cardio last night for 35 minutes and then hit the sauna and today I am two pounds lighter than I was yesterday.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont overestimate testosteron and dose it too high and definitely same goes with dbol.

Daff

Daff

Awards
  • Established
I'm in on this, be interesting, I tend to drink lots of water and vitimin C 2000mg a day and seems to keep me relatively dry

DonutGains89

DonutGains89

Awards
Personally for me, water retention for me while bulking, not a big complaint or problem. Just train hard and keep your water intake high atlas a gallon minimum. I drink probably around 1.25-1.5 gals of water a day just anyway from always being thirsty and going hard in the gym. But as said, potassium rich foods I eat bananas, asparagus and lemons can help. Can also take a water diuretic, could try dosing it out every other day or every day half dose. Like serving is 2 caps, so lets say 4 a day. In stead try 1 in the morning 1 in the afternoon. See if that helps or even every other day. Everybody's body is different with water.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Staying away from foods that you are allergic to. Digestive enzymes, proper sleep, knowing which macros you are sensitive to ie I am sensitive to saturated fats due to my APo genes.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Staying away from foods that you are allergic to. Digestive enzymes, proper sleep, knowing which macros you are sensitive to ie I am sensitive to saturated fats due to my APo genes.
Is there any place you can go that will check your genetic makeup so you know how your body reacts to different foods and macronutrients?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
Anabolics 6
Anabolics 22
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 6