rpm typo

jaydesiel4651

Awards
just a heads up for applied nutriceuticals.....im pretty sure my bottle of rpm has a typo for the dosages chart it says up to 150 lbs 5 caps

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just a heads up for applied nutriceuticals.....im pretty sure my bottle of rpm has a typo for the dosages chart it says up to 150 lbs 5 caps
unless the formula radically changed, yes it is a typo :) I'll check on it.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
unless the formula radically changed, yes it is a typo :) I'll check on it.
Yes, it's a typo. Amazing how you can stare at a proof 200 times and still miss something like this. Unfortunately, we have several thousand more labels like this but the new proof has been corrected for re-orders going forward. Hopefully our users are intuitive enough to recognize the error given the context of the rest of the chart and label.

Thanks for the catch!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Anecdotally, you guys seem to put out good products and I know "sh!t happens". But, according to that error, a 150lbs. user may take 5 caps, which is 1.5x more than what is actually recommended.

I wonder what would happen if I took 500mg of caffeine instead of 200mg?

Just saying.

:ntome:

Yes, it's a typo. Amazing how you can stare at a proof 200 times and still miss something like this. Unfortunately, we have several thousand more labels like this but the new proof has been corrected for re-orders going forward. Hopefully our users are intuitive enough to recognize the error given the context of the rest of the chart and label.

Thanks for the catch!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
You'd be taking a LOT more RPM than 5 caps to get to 500 mg.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
You'd be taking a LOT more RPM than 5 caps to get to 500 mg.
I was just using caffeine as an example, not that a person would actually be ingesting that much w/ RPM.

I know that 500mg caffeine would flip me out when 200mg is just right.

I was just stating a point that other ingredients may have a dramatic effect w/ such extreme dosage differences.

I'm not sure how the ship sails, but is there anyway to forward retailers peel-n-stick corrected labels to stick over the faulty ones?

I know it was just a simple oversight on your guys part, but if this happened with certain other products, the results may be a little worse (thinking stuff like Superdrol here).

I'm just looking out for my fellow consumers here. I don't really like the "well, I hope people figure it out" defense.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I was just stating a point that other ingredients may have a dramatic effect w/ such extreme dosage differences.
Legitimate and fair point.

I'm not sure how the ship sails, but is there anyway to forward retailers peel-n-stick corrected labels to stick over the faulty ones?
I personally do not know roughly how many bottles were shipped. Still, you will get a more direct response on this.

I know it was just a simple oversight on your guys part, but if this happened with certain other products, the results may be a little worse (thinking stuff like Superdrol here).
It was an oversight, not necessarily a simple one. It so happens that when one has to review and proof-read many different label mock-ups, one may end up approving the wrong one.

I'm just looking out for my fellow consumers here. I don't really like the "well, I hope people figure it out" defense.
This is not a defence of a "defence", but I understood his comment as a description of a desired event or state, and not necessarily a defence.

Altogether, you are definitely right that many users would consider such a slip as irritating. Please do not construe any of the responses so far as an attempt to neutralize some of the points you have raised. On the contrary. We truly appreciate your efforts to produce a broad assessment of the event. While events like this fortunately do not occur frequently, be rest assured AN would do what it can to avoid a repeat :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do find it comical that "shakes all day" is the person who found it. I was thinking that was the answer to his question

"I wonder what would happen if I took 500mg of caffeine instead of 200mg?"

He'd shake all day :D For me 500mg of caffeine sadly isn't all that big a deal so long as at least half is coming from coffee. I can drain a 32oz cup and still take assorted stims.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear.

The only reason I am staying at this topic is because I believe it is of utmost importance that labels be as close to 100% accurate as possible. And, though I usually do research and choose my own dosing protocol w/ most supps, I'm sure the majority of supp users look at the recommended dose on the bottle and go with that.

Crossing T's and dotting I's, or misspelling 'anabolic' or 'endurance' I'm not so worried about. But, ingredient list and dosage accuracy is very important.

This kind of stuff, as well as previous supplement issues (w/ other companies) makes me wish we had an industry watch dog group (non-gov't) that could be like the consumer reports of supplements - not just some bribe-based advertising venues.

This is not a defence of a "defence", but I understood his comment as a description of a desired event or state, and not necessarily a defence.

Altogether, you are definitely right that many users would consider such a slip as irritating. Please do not construe any of the responses so far as an attempt to neutralize some of the points you have raised. On the contrary. We truly appreciate your efforts to produce a broad assessment of the event. While events like this fortunately do not occur frequently, be rest assured AN would do what it can to avoid a repeat
:rofl:

I would probably be admitting myself to a hospital after 500mg - I'm a tad caffeine sensitive (thanks mom).

I do find it comical that "shakes all day" is the person who found it. I was thinking that was the answer to his question

"I wonder what would happen if I took 500mg of caffeine instead of 200mg?"

He'd shake all day :D For me 500mg of caffeine sadly isn't all that big a deal so long as at least half is coming from coffee. I can drain a 32oz cup and still take assorted stims.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good to hear.

The only reason I am staying at this topic is because I believe it is of utmost importance that labels be as close to 100% accurate as possible...
Dear Shakes,

I agree 100% with the need for accuracy. I don't think anyone argues that point. As stated in my previous post, we have corrected the error and all lables going forward will have the updated dosing instructions.

The logistics of tracking down the bottles in the the field would be a extremely difficult, but even if we did and sent out corrective overlables, there is no guarantee each retailer / distributor will actually put the labels on. Additionally, since the product is moving very quickly, current replenishment rates will have the old labels worked out of the pipeline in a very short period of time.

To put this in perspective for those who have not seen the bottle, the erroneous dosage chart reads like this:

Dosage Chart:
(Taken 1 hour pre-workout)
Up to 100 lbs: 1 Capsule
Up to 150 lbs: 2 Capsules
Up to 200 lbs: 3 Capsules
Up to 250 lbs: 4 Capsules
Over 150 lbs: 5 Capsules

To my previous point, anyone who reads this chart can clearly see by context that the bottom line has a typographical error, and that it should read "over 250 lbs" and not "over 150 lbs." particularly since it specifies the dose for a 150 lb. person within it.

While I appreciate your zeal and your position on labeling accuracy, this is an extremely small issue that need not be dwelled upon, particularly since corrective actions have already been taken.

Thanks once again for your concern and I appreciate your support.

Best regards,

Don

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I hope you don't think I was just trying to dog on AN. That's not the case. The ever-increasing number of supplement companies, products, and mysterious I-can't-pronounce-this ingredients makes me raise my eyebrows quite a bit. And (not speaking specifically about AN), some companies may rush some things to make some money at the expense of consumers. Again, not saying you guys do/did this... just a general concern overall w/ ALL companies and products.

Not meaning to dwell. Really, this is less about the RPM mistake and more about the overall picture of consumer safety. I will take my thoughts to a more relevant thread.

Take care.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
I hope you don't think I was just trying to dog on AN. That's not the case. The ever-increasing number of supplement companies, products, and mysterious I-can't-pronounce-this ingredients makes me raise my eyebrows quite a bit. And (not speaking specifically about AN), some companies may rush some things to make some money at the expense of consumers. Again, not saying you guys do/did this... just a general concern overall w/ ALL companies and products.

Not meaning to dwell. Really, this is less about the RPM mistake and more about the overall picture of consumer safety. I will take my thoughts to a more relevant thread.

Take care.
10-4. I also tend to get on a soapbox when it comes to companies cutting corners and / or outright lying. I appreciate your concern and position.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
10-4. I also tend to get on a soapbox when it comes to companies cutting corners and / or outright lying. I appreciate your concern and position.
So, you're saying I was on a soapbox???

:bruce2:

:stick:

:thumbsup:

jaydesiel4651

Awards
im probably the only person on this website that actually read the label....we all pretty much plan out our dosage and timing before even recieving the product...lol....but yea i just wanted to let you guys know because i figured you'd wanna change that...

rudee13

rudee13

Awards
Don & Dirk,
I will gladly proof each and every label for you in the future, being the graphic designer that i am i hate to see stuff like that slip through the cracks. And yes the more you are involved the harder it is to be seen. Your products are great and you guys are pretty darn swell too. typo's make me puke esp after printing!!!!!!!

rudee

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don & Dirk,
I will gladly proof each and every label for you in the future, being the graphic designer that i am i hate to see stuff like that slip through the cracks. And yes the more you are involved the harder it is to be seen. Your products are great and you guys are pretty darn swell too. typo's make me puke esp after printing!!!!!!!

rudee
We just may take you up on that...another set of fresh eyes always helps. - D

rugrat5288

Awards
Looked at my bottle's label once and said opps thats a mistake . pretty easy to figure out. i have seen some labels that leave it up to the user such as 3 to 6 aday. how would that be any better? i think an is doing a good thing breaking it down so well. they could have just said 1 to 5 aday and i'm sure you would have had 150lbs using 5 with no problems and if they did they would adjust the dose to their needs. i think its more of a starting point than you actually need to take 2 pills if your a 150lbs.many people are taken a higher dose but breaking it up during the day or taking it on non workout days. i take 3 preworkout and 1 later in the day at work as a pick me up. 2 nonworkout days one first thing in the morning and one in the afternoon. i'm 175lbs. so i'm actualy not following the label at all. i'm sure if it was a typo that put anyones health at risk an would have taken a much more aggressive approach.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Looked at my bottle's label once and said opps thats a mistake . pretty easy to figure out. i have seen some labels that leave it up to the user such as 3 to 6 aday. how would that be any better? i think an is doing a good thing breaking it down so well. they could have just said 1 to 5 aday and i'm sure you would have had 150lbs using 5 with no problems and if they did they would adjust the dose to their needs. i think its more of a starting point than you actually need to take 2 pills if your a 150lbs.many people are taken a higher dose but breaking it up during the day or taking it on non workout days. i take 3 preworkout and 1 later in the day at work as a pick me up. 2 nonworkout days one first thing in the morning and one in the afternoon. i'm 175lbs. so i'm actualy not following the label at all. i'm sure if it was a typo that put anyones health at risk an would have taken a much more aggressive approach.
Roger that...worst case scenario is you might be a little edgy for a few hours..and really productive!

Just to reiterate...the new labels are in and all newly shipped product going out the door is correct.

D