Dumb question about legs

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
What is the average diameter of a man's legs? I have been working mine hard lately and mine measure 22 1/2 inches in diameter. I was just wondering if that is excessive? When i had physical therapy after back surgery 4 years ago, my physical therapist said I had some of the heaviest legs she had worked with. She estimated they weighed 35 lbs each. I'm not sure if that has attributed to my weight gain after 50 or not. I was just looking for opinions on the subject.

BarryBondsHOF

BarryBondsHOF

Awards
  • Established
What is the average diameter of a man's legs? I have been working mine hard lately and mine measure 22 1/2 inches in diameter. I was just wondering if that is excessive? When i had physical therapy after back surgery 4 years ago, my physical therapist said I had some of the heaviest legs she had worked with. She estimated they weighed 35 lbs each. I'm not sure if that has attributed to my weight gain after 50 or not. I was just looking for opinions on the subject.
According to an old Mens Health article, the average is 20 inches. Average males bicep size is 13 inches, height is 5’9”, waist size is 38 inches, etc., I have no idea whether any of this is accurate, but it sounds relatively close. 22 is good decent starting size I’d say, but not massive by any means.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diameter or circumference? I’ve never heard of measuring diameter, and I highly doubt that you have 2’ diameter legs, or you’d be 4’ wide standing with your thighs touching, making you physically unable to enter the vast majority of doors by walking straight through them.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Assuming a basic circular shape, that’d give you ~70 inch legs in circumference, or a bit less if the cross-section is more of an oval and less of a circle. But still, that doesn’t sound remotely realistic.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
According to an old Mens Health article, the average is 20 inches. Average males bicep size is 13 inches, height is 5’9”, waist size is 38 inches, etc., I have no idea whether any of this is accurate, but it sounds relatively close. 22 is good decent starting size I’d say, but not massive by any means.
That’s circumference, not diameter. There’s a HUGE difference between the two.

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
Ok. My choice of words was not proper. Ha ha

BarryBondsHOF

BarryBondsHOF

Awards
  • Established
That’s circumference, not diameter. There’s a HUGE difference between the two.
My bad. I wasn’t sure which it was referring to or bothered to check it out. I’ve never even measured my legs but now I’m tempted to, lol. Measuring arms; now that is a different story. #SweatpantsCrew #Formergymbro

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine are 28", so at 6'6, 260, I don't think 22.5" is large at all.

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
Great. Now I don't even feel good about my legs either.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, I was actually trying to not make you feel like they are excessive as it appeared you were concerned they were too big.

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
No worries. I'm sure you are a professional bodybuilder whereas I am just an older guy with a bad back trying to lean out and Bulk up my arms and legs.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, my background is actually athletic. Mtn biking, rugby, martial arts, occasional local strongman comps, and now I just maintain and focus on krav maga/muay thai.

I'm sure my thighs are smaller for a BBer at 6'.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't worry about normal. Just do your best with what God gave you.