Video's for Lifters over 35

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey all,
I've been lifting for over 20 years and starting creating videos about a year ago. I originally started making them for my son to watch when he gets older and friends who ask me questions about getting stronger, dieting, etc.

As a Board Certified Behavior Analyst with a Health Ed. degree I often review research before deciding what supplements are worth spending money on. I've created a few videos on supplements I recommend and that have provided worthwhile results for me in the gym.

I'm 36 so the advice I share might prove helpful to many of you. At 205 my currently lifts are 465 bench, 615 deadlift, and 525 squat raw. Most of the time I train like a bodybuilder but recently took an interest in powerlifting an might go for a bench press record in the future. Those plans are on hold as I have a newborn son and career that takes up a lot of my time.

I always thought my strength would peak in my early 30's but I'm continuing to see slow steady progress through consistent intense training with a focus on stress management and recovery. I'm not looking to sell anything, just share what I've learned along the way and help others sift through the bull**** spread by magazines and other channels that focus on picking up girls in the gym and other nonsense. Look up Dominic DNO and you'll find me. https://youtu.be/Ls0oV9Ec9Vc I often post in the supplement section on here.

If you've got a questions the best way to reach me is either through my youtube channel or private message on this forum. I've learned a lot from the members here and feel like it's time to return the favor. Good luck with your goals!

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was able to interview Champion Powerlifter Carly Morse today. She holds a few records and will be competing in Nationals. We recorded some training footage after the interview. I'll try to edit and post the videos soon. It might take a few days (family obligations) but it will be worth a watch!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right on brother. Get that bench press record! It’s all about attitude at the beginning of the task!

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The interview is up https://youtu.be/2iX7cqxIwTI

I time stamped questions in the comments if you want to see the questions and jump to that part. If you leave a question in the comments I'll get Carly to respond.

I've been following a powerlifting routine for several months (making great progress) but have yet to compete. Most of the questions pertain to meet preparation and the basics of entering your first meet.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have any tips for managing fatigue for the more elderly? 36yrs. You're a spring chicken!

I'm 53 and really suffer with mental fatigue and brain fog following a session particularly if I've done the compound lifts.

I've tried all supplements under the sun none of which really helped. It takes me 3 days to fully recover which limits my gym sessions and messes me up at work especially as I do work which requires a high degree of alertness

Any tips, short of sleeping all day and next post workout!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have any tips for managing fatigue for the more elderly? 36yrs. You're a spring chicken!

I'm 53 and really suffer with mental fatigue and brain fog following a session particularly if I've done the compound lifts.

I've tried all supplements under the sun none of which really helped. It takes me 3 days to fully recover which limits my gym sessions and messes me up at work especially as I do work which requires a high degree of alertness

Any tips, short of sleeping all day and next post workout!
Have you had your hormones checked? Iron and iodine levels? Thyroid panel?

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll respond give me a day or 2. I just finished an interview with a hypnotherapist/bodybuilder/massage therapist in her 50's.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have you had your hormones checked? Iron and iodine levels? Thyroid panel?
Excellent advice! Get some bloodwork. Your best bet would be to find a reputable endocrinologist. In addition to what Kenpo suggested get your vitamin D, testosterone, zinc, dhea checked.