Torn Distal Tendon of the Bicep !!! What to do ?

4fitness

4fitness

Awards
i was doing pull down lad excerizes and heart it rip .
Went straight to emergency and ultrasound was performed and signs where a torn tendon .
been put in a slin and 2 days later its nice black and blue,
one week from now ill be seeing a sergean for sports .
to find out excactly i need to do an MRI .
been working out for years .
now im 50 and on gear . should i stop the gear im on week 5 and just cruize till this is all over ?? or stay on it ?
bruis is not bad in the picture but today i have lots more bruising​
IMG_1031.JPG

emssherill

Awards
i was doing pull down lad excerizes and heart it rip .
Went straight to emergency and ultrasound was performed and signs where a torn tendon .
been put in a slin and 2 days later its nice black and blue,
one week from now ill be seeing a sergean for sports .
to find out excactly i need to do an MRI .
been working out for years .
now im 50 and on gear . should i stop the gear im on week 5 and just cruize till this is all over ?? or stay on it ?
bruis is not bad in the picture but today i have lots more bruising​
View attachment 80786

Rest

4fitness

4fitness

Awards
Thanks that is my plan . Rest and gear don't mix lol

gvdook

gvdook

Awards
About a few months ago I was doing pullups and I had a huge sharp pain in my tricep in my right arm. I'm like that aint right so I quit immediately and later that night I had a big ole' bruise form. I usually have the mindset to keep going and tough through the pain but I took about 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks off and started right back.

I remember when starting back I was so careful but man was I worried. I should of went and got checked like you did.

Hope it all gets worked out for you. Do you wear a sling all day now?

geezer7178

Awards
Easily fixable with an Arthrex endo button. Look it up. Quick recovery too.

inwithchris

Awards
Just my opinion, had bicep surgery two years ago and I stayed on or at least test I did. I think it helped with the recovery. I dropped the test down to 250 mg a week and just cruzed until I finished physical therapy and got back to the gym. Like I said its just my opinion.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I hope it works out for you. I am nursing a sore left bicep right now.

4fitness

4fitness

Awards
Thanks I jumped off one week and cruised it was a partial tear and not worth surgery he said huge cut and lots cast and loose my muscle tone.
I'm back in the gym two weeks later and can do chest legs shoulders no problem but carefull doing back and biceps . Had a huge knot on my tendon and my biceps looks bit funny but very close as the right one. I'm doing an MRI July 7 I had to ask for it to see how much of a tear . . Going on 3 weeks and getting better but sometimes still pain

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Thanks I jumped off one week and cruised it was a partial tear and not worth surgery he said huge cut and lots cast and loose my muscle tone.
I'm back in the gym two weeks later and can do chest legs shoulders no problem but carefull doing back and biceps . Had a huge knot on my tendon and my biceps looks bit funny but very close as the right one. I'm doing an MRI July 7 I had to ask for it to see how much of a tear . . Going on 3 weeks and getting better but sometimes still pain

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
I took off a month (back and biceps and light chest) and then started back slow and steady. Did 30 lb dumbell curls yesterday (typically a light weight) and man it my bicep sore today. I am going to get an MRI next week. I am tired of guessing what the problem is......