Zcol's log

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Atleast he was doing deadlifts, but I didn't think an hour of deadlifts was needed
Why deadlift in the rack? I grab a bar from a rarely used bench and deadlift in an area out of the way. Same with rowing. Why use a safety rack for an exercise that you'd never need a safety catch on. I don't get it.

jake1986

Awards
Yeah I've seen that before. I guess people just do it for the hell of it lol.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why deadlift in the rack? I grab a bar from a rarely used bench and deadlift in an area out of the way. Same with rowing. Why use a safety rack for an exercise that you'd never need a safety catch on. I don't get it.
I'm glad my gym has like 3 extra barbells leaning in the corner for people to do these things away from the racks. Now that doesn't mean they always do, but most of the time.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've never pulled in a rack unless it was rack pulls or reverse band. Which how often do you need to do reverse band??

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never pulled in a rack unless it was rack pulls or reverse band. Which how often do you need to do reverse band??
I haven't in a while because we only have one rack that can be used for it. Reverse banding anything in a rack is permitted, IMO. It's the lifts in a rack that don't require a rack at all.

jake1986

Awards
I'm glad my gym has like 3 extra barbells leaning in the corner for people to do these things away from the racks. Now that doesn't mean they always do, but most of the time.

Yeah, mine does too. We also have a platform and a trap bar.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Yea that's all true, I usually try and find an empty area to deadlift, but my gym is so small that if your not in the rack your probably in someone's way

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't in a while because we only have one rack that can be used for it. Reverse banding anything in a rack is permitted, IMO. It's the lifts in a rack that don't require a rack at all.
That's the only way you can reverse band lol

But I'm saying how frequently do you need to be pulling reverse band? As an overload it isn't something that will be implemented routinely. So it's not like there should be waves of guys lining up for the rack to hit reverse band work is all I meant.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift 5s
Deadlift
135*5
185*5
215*3
235*5
270*5
305*4

Bw hypers

Weights were moving slowww back was really tight, cut it short and since I won't be able to lift again until Monday im just calling this a deload and ill restart this cycle of 3/5/1 next week

And all this talk of band work where could this be incorporated in 531?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree, if you have time to do the banded work then why not. If I have time I'll band down sets on deads or squats, and I've decided to band all bench work except singles week.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I disagree, if you have time to do the banded work then why not. If I have time I'll band down sets on deads or squats, and I've decided to band all bench work except singles week.
I never said they're not neat or interesting or helpful - I have lots of bands and often incorporate some. It can be fun!

What I said was that they're unnecessary. And someone coming back from a back injury doesn't necessarily need to be squatting or pulling with extra tension at the top, especially considering bands actually change the bar path.

If you're gonna get some, EFS is having a huge sale right now for the holiday weekend. But understand that there were a lot of huge badass motherlovers that got brutally strong long before people ever started experimenting with rubber bands, and all they had was a barbell and some weights and grit.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bands are 50%+ off today. Might order some myself.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Ohp 3s
Ohp
45*8
70*5
90*5
110*3
120*3
145*3
165*3

Woke up really late just hit the main lift and headed to work, deadlift in the morning

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I thought about it but I ended up grabbing 2 bottles of ghar1ne instead
It can spike prolactin in the beginning, so some l-dopa or vitex before bed for a couple weeks when you start taking it isn't a bad idea. I'm about 2 months in on 20mg/night and absolutely noticed better recovery. I think I've grown a bit of muscle as well, as food and sleep have been set to kill and it's all allowed me to train more.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It can spike prolactin in the beginning, so some l-dopa or vitex before bed for a couple weeks when you start taking it isn't a bad idea. I'm about 2 months in on 20mg/night and absolutely noticed better recovery. I think I've grown a bit of muscle as well, as food and sleep have been set to kill and it's all allowed me to train more.
Thanks for the tip I hadn't read about that, and I picked up for sleep and recovery more than anything im not expecting "gains" from it necessarily

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's the thing - that's why I bought it, because the more I read from advanced guys the more I'm beginning to understand that it really comes down to what you can recover from that will determine speed of results. I didn't expect the muscle but the extra rest has let me train harder more often and boom

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking I would start at 10 for atleast a month then possibly up it to 20... Unless I feel 10 is sufficient, because at 10 ill have a 6 month run with ghar1ne.
And I was thinking I would pick up vitex and some b6 for the prolactin what doses should I be using?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
That's the thing - that's why I bought it, because the more I read from advanced guys the more I'm beginning to understand that it really comes down to what you can recover from that will determine speed of results. I didn't expect the muscle but the extra rest has let me train harder more often and boom
That's where I think osta helped the most in my previous cycles of it, I felt like I was able to add alot of volume and was still able to recover faster than "natural"
Im hoping for something similar with ghar1ne, along with strengthening joints/tendons for injury prevention

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's not nearly as pronounced as Osta, it doesn't feel like I'm on anything at all - and it's NOT exogenous either, it actually increases endogenous GH/IGF1 production. I just get more rest and actually seem to heal better, faster. Human studies were done up to 100mg/day and for 2 year durations w no ill sides except for dose dependent lethargy increases at the higher dosing, and numbing of hands.

I used 10mg for a few days and bumped to 20. Although even 10mg will help, but it will be even subtler.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
It's not nearly as pronounced as Osta, it doesn't feel like I'm on anything at all - and it's NOT exogenous either, it actually increases endogenous GH/IGF1 production. I just get more rest and actually seem to heal better, faster. Human studies were done up to 100mg/day and for 2 year durations w no ill sides except for dose dependent lethargy increases at the higher dosing, and numbing of hands.

I used 10mg for a few days and bumped to 20. Although even 10mg will help, but it will be even subtler.
What doses of of osta have you used before?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift 3s
Deadlift
135*5
180*5
215*3
250*3
280*3
320*3
250*3
250*3
250*3

Deads felt weird today, everything moved really slow, but nothing really felt heavy? Don't know, bench tomorrow

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some days the weight just doesn't move well.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Bench 3s
Bench
45*10
110*5
140*4
190*3
220*3
250*5
Begin 30 second rests
190*5
190*5
190*5

Cgbp
135*8
155*8
155*8

V handle machine row
3 sets of 10

Supersetted with face pulls
3 sets of 12

Little bit of a jacked up schedule this week, ill be squatting tomorrow morning

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
15-25mg. But again that's irrelevant entirely to GHarine. It's not a SARM or androgen, it's a gh secratogue.
I know its not the same but I was comparing them in the recovery side and that osta seemed to help heal some injurys... But im not expecting strength/ muscle retention the way osta worked for me... Osta is a wonder drug for a cut... But I guess ill just wait and see what happens with the gh... Probably best I don't expect anything from it and just see what happens

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong pressing man.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Didn't get to squat this morning, went in the gym and someone was in the rack dropsetting half squats.... Then began rack pulls from 4-6 inches above his knees

I just hit some core work

Bird dogs
3 sets of 10 sec. Per side

Hanging leg raises
3*10

Ab wheel
3*10

Weighted crunches
20 lbs
2*8

Db side raise
50s *12
75s *12

Bw hypers
2*10
1*15

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Eh you'll be ready to get it tomorrow at least! Next time ask to work in and shame him

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It makes me mad too, but at least he wasn't curling. There was a time when my squats were high and I had no idea until the guys in here told me. I try and remind myself that when a dude is at least trying.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No joke, I had a dude waiting on me the other day to get done with my squats in the rack so he could do his curls!!! Seriously chuckled at that. At least it wasn't the other way around.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No joke, I had a dude waiting on me the other day to get done with my squats in the rack so he could do his curls!!! Seriously chuckled at that. At least it wasn't the other way around.
He probably doesn't wanna risk dropping the barbell on his feet...wait the weights will keep the barbell higher than his feet...ok I literally have nothing

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He probably doesn't wanna risk dropping the barbell on his feet...wait the weights will keep the barbell higher than his feet...ok I literally have nothing
It's baffling. There are literally 3 extra BBs in the corner if you want to do straight BB curls. Guess he's not on any forums, because surely he would know he's the butt of the joke.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had this happen before. Asked me twice how close I was to done so I rushed and he ended up doing curls. What's worse, is we have 3 curl racks that support BB's that never get used. That's not including the additional 2 preacher curl racks that you could stand on the opposite side.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've had this happen before. Asked me twice how close I was to done so I rushed and he ended up doing curls. What's worse, is we have 3 curl racks that support BB's that never get used. That's not including the additional 2 preacher curl racks that you could stand on the opposite side.
It's their world, we just live in it.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Eh you'll be ready to get it tomorrow at least! Next time ask to work in and shame him
I thought about it I just didn't want to load and unload every set, he never went over 205 lbs

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Deadlift 5s
Deadlift
135*5
180*5
215*3
Add belt
235*5
270*5
305*5

Db row/ Bw hyper superset
60s*10/10
70s*10/10
80s*10/10

Lying leg curl/ Bw hyper superset
75*12/10
85*10/10
75*12

First time Ive used a belt on deadlifts in about 2 years, the weights seemed to move faster but my lower back seemed to be more fatigued than usual, but over all a pretty good session, in and out in 45 minutes

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, I curl in my rack all the time! Lol. Still killing your lifts Z!! Nice job!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I curl in my rack all the time! Lol. Still killing your lifts Z!! Nice job!
You can whatever you want when its yours... Ill have my own at the house one day... And thanks man

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Ohp 5s
Ohp 45*8
70*5
90*5
110*3
120*5
135*5
155*5
155*1
135*5
135*3

Dips/pullups
10/5
10/5
10/5

Face pulls /pull ups
20/5
20/5
20/5

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Decent session, didn't have a pre workout drink and won't for a couple weeks, and ill be hitting the gym in the afternoon since ill be getting off at 330

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Squat 5's
Squat
Bar*8
150*5
185*5
220*3
240*5
275*5
315*8
240*8
240*8
240*8

Narrow stance machine leg press
Supersetted with bodyweight hyper extensions

Squats felt great minus my conditioning, I feel I definitely have the strength to go well beyond those reps but im so winded by the time I go past five reps its ridiculous, ill be adding in some hiit cardio 2 days a week to start and slowly ramp up each training cycle or 2

Ghar1ne note-
Im 3 days in at 10 mg per night and ive noticed great sleep although im not getting as many hours as usual, ive been waking up about an hour before my alarm goes off so im getting 4-5 hours a night but I feel extremely well rested when I wake... Got several months left so ill see if this continues

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear you on being winded. Hold me back too.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decent session, didn't have a pre workout drink and won't for a couple weeks, and ill be hitting the gym in the afternoon since ill be getting off at 330
No PWO! Oh man!

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Its been a little while, changing work schedule and location, moving to a new apartment a new gym and the holidays, training got put on the back burner but ive been back in the gym this week, ill be back to updating my workouts after my deadlift session tonight

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go luck man. Get back at it!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar