Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
SNS Y.jpg

I just bought this and am hoping it will help with my evening snacking ?

Is it best to take with or without food?

Will it keep me awake ?

Thank you @sns8778 for the deal !!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yohimbine is best taken upon waking in a fasted state. It also works well in conjunction with caffeine to enhance the benefits of the product for stubborn fat and fat loss.
You want to start at 2.5mg and work up to .2mg/kg
As the weeks go on you can assess tolerance and up to 5,7.5,10 etc
You will also want to monitor if you get cold sweats, increased heart rate, or shivers which are common side effects of Y.
This has nothing to do with your evening snacking. That is your own mental mindset failing you, and decision making.
Lyle McDonald wrote a book on this with Tommy Jeffers called the stubborn fat protocol 2.0 which details this in a lot more detail

Here is a small exert:

"
Studies have shown that does anywhere from 8-24mg of active Yohimbine produced fat losseffects. I always heir on the side of caution when dosing any kind of compound that has stimulant effects on the body, especially this one since raised blood pressure and heart rate are the side effects that accompany the higher doses. Everyone is different and will react differently to stimulants, so that's why I say it is always best to start small, assess any side effects, and then increase your dose in small amounts until you reach the desired or full dosing.

The guide I learned from Lyle a long time ago was dosing at 0.2mg/Kg of bodyweight. So that means a 220lb bodybuilder (divide by 2.2 to get Kg) is 100Kg and would work up to a dose of 20mg of Yohimbine HCl. I would typically start this person at a dose of around half the full dose (in this case 10mg) and work my way up towards the full dose each consecutive session the person had no undesirable side effects.

Now that you are finally aware of Yohimbine HCl and the proper dosing, keep in mind that Yohimbine HCl's effects work the best in the absence of insulin, and its effects start to diminish the more insulin is present. "

@sns8778 can chime in more, but I bet he will align with this above.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a stimulant, so it's best to take it early in the day. You can take it with food if it upsets your stomach, but I would take 2.5mg w/ breakfast and another 2.5mg with lunch.

Some people find it very stimulating, and others not so much. I really don't find it to be too potent of a stimulant at the 2.5mg dosage. What are you looking to get out of it?

Here's some reading for you on it.

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's a stimulant, so it's best to take it early in the day. You can take it with food if it upsets your stomach, but I would take 2.5mg w/ breakfast and another 2.5mg with lunch.

Some people find it very stimulating, and others not so much. I really don't find it to be too potent of a stimulant at the 2.5mg dosage. What are you looking to get out of it?

Taking it with food would completely negate the purpose of using it as a fat loss product. The benefits of Yohimbine would be lost with the presence of insulin from a meal.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Taking it with food would completely negate the purpose of using it as a fat loss product. The benefits of Yohimbine would be lost with the presence of insulin from a meal.
i was just about to say the same damn thing smdh!

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Thats total nonsense dont post if you dont know anything about it...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm learning !

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's your source for this? Yohimbine is an alpha 2 antagonist. Taking it with food does not stop that function from happening.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Come on man, do you even read your sources before posting?? Your own examine link says exactly that.

View attachment 204679
Well, sounds like you were right. I'm not going to nitpick the studies to try and say you're wrong, but I think the key phrase is "may not". To answer your question, no I don't read the entirety of the sources I post. I was just posting those as a general reference to @Rocket3015 so he could read about the pharmacology and all that. You'll notice the other source I posted is from rxlist, and yohimbine is actually a prescribed drug in some places as an aphrodisiac and it mentions some people have nausea with it.

Personally, I don't think yohimbine is that effective on it's own. I think it works best as an ECA+Y stack or with some other thermogenic that targets beta 2 receptors and increases BMR. That way you're hitting the alpha 2 receptors to inhibit and burn some of that belly fat, and then use the beta 2 receptor to release triglycerides from the liver to be burned as fuel. That's why a lot of people choose topical yohimbine. I bought a product in the past called HELIOS that was an injectable site localized fat burner with yohimbine and clen in it. But I found it was way too stimulating for me, so I bought a product from Amino Asylum that's injectable yohimbine and albuterol, which is much less stimulating.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, sounds like you were right. I'm not going to nitpick the studies to try and say you're wrong, but I think the key phrase is "may not". To answer your question, no I don't read the entirety of the sources I post. I was just posting those as a general reference to @Rocket3015 so he could read about the pharmacology and all that. You'll notice the other source I posted is from rxlist, and yohimbine is actually a prescribed drug in some places as an aphrodisiac and it mentions some people have nausea with it.

Personally, I don't think yohimbine is that effective on it's own. I think it works best as an ECA+Y stack or with some other thermogenic that targets beta 2 receptors and increases BMR. That way you're hitting the alpha 2 receptors to inhibit and burn some of that belly fat, and then use the beta 2 receptor to release triglycerides from the liver to be burned as fuel. That's why a lot of people choose topical yohimbine. I bought a product in the past called HELIOS that was an injectable site localized fat burner with yohimbine and clen in it. But I found it was way too stimulating for me, so I bought a product from Amino Asylum that's injectable yohimbine and albuterol, which is much less stimulating.
bless your heart smdh

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

798DD611-5345-4895-ACB7-BD426DE694D0.gif

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm learning !
yohimbine has a bonus-boners....there is a lot of info on taking on empty for fat burning, but taking it with food doesn't have much effect on boners, at least for me.

i haven't been able to find any bronkaid for awhile now, but if you can deal with the spike in bp yohimbine has always been a great add on to eca stack for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am going to try it solo and see how it works, I may than add in the ECA stack ECA-Y

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yohimbine is best taken upon waking in a fasted state. It also works well in conjunction with caffeine to enhance the benefits of the product for stubborn fat and fat loss.
You will also want to monitor if you get cold sweats, increased heart rate, or shivers which are common side effects of Y.
This has nothing to do with your evening snacking. That is your own mental mindset failing you, and decision making.
Lyle McDonald wrote a book on this with Tommy Jeffers called the stubborn fat protocol 2.0 which details this in a lot more detail

Here is a small exert:

"
Studies have shown that does anywhere from 8-24mg of active Yohimbine produced fat losseffects. I always heir on the side of caution when dosing any kind of compound that has stimulant effects on the body, especially this one since raised blood pressure and heart rate are the side effects that accompany the higher doses. Everyone is different and will react differently to stimulants, so that's why I say it is always best to start small, assess any side effects, and then increase your dose in small amounts until you reach the desired or full dosing.

The guide I learned from Lyle a long time ago was dosing at 0.2mg/Kg of bodyweight. So that means a 220lb bodybuilder (divide by 2.2 to get Kg) is 100Kg and would work up to a dose of 20mg of Yohimbine HCl. I would typically start this person at a dose of around half the full dose (in this case 10mg) and work my way up towards the full dose each consecutive session the person had no undesirable side effects.

Now that you are finally aware of Yohimbine HCl and the proper dosing, keep in mind that Yohimbine HCl's effects work the best in the absence of insulin, and its effects start to diminish the more insulin is present. "

@sns8778 can chime in more, but I bet he will align with this above.
Awesome detailed post.

I am in agreement with you and you did a great job explaining how people in bodybuilding circles most commonly use Yohimbine.

The only thing I don't agree with is the part where you said it wouldn't help with his evening stacking. I do agree that dosing it in the morning won't help with it but I've seen a lot of people that take mid-afternoon to evening doses to help with that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just bought this and am hoping it will help with my evening snacking ?

Is it best to take with or without food?

Will it keep me awake ?

Thank you @sns8778 for the deal !!
Sorry for the delayed reply. I took my first day off yesterday since December (seriously). I literally still hadn't taken my Christmas tree down haha.

As you probably already noticed in this thread, the best way to take Yohimbine is something that are some very strong opinions on.

The Solution did a great job outlining how most people in the bodybuilding community use it. And for bodybuilding community purposes (people that are super strict about their diets and training already, etc.) I agree with his protocol.

As for help with evening snacking, there is a way that some people do very effectively use it for that. Using it the way that The Solution laid out is great for fat loss. And its not that using it first thing in the morning like that would help with evening appetite control, but there are a lot of people that will use a mid afternoon to evening dose to help with that. For this dose timing, I would still use it on an empty stomach - 1 to 2 caps for this dose, start off at 1 cap, especially if you are using the regimen being discussed in the thread.

For most people, Yohimbine won't keep them awake unless its used within 4 hours or so of wanting to go to bed, but as with any stimulant, it can vary by the person a little.

Oh, and one last thing in general for anyone reading - the people saying to use it on an empty stomach for maximum effectiveness are correct. But the one time I do think its okay to use with food is that some people are super sensitive to it so I've seen some people that felt like they couldn't take Yohimbine at all start off using 1 cap twice a day with meals and after about a week to two weeks of doing that, they found that they could start using the protocol discussed above in the thread.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I took my first dose at 6am this morning with my coffee, no side effects at all, took another one at about 2 pm again with coffee. Funny thing is I got done mowing about 4pm Showered, and feel a sleep for about an hour, so I guess 1 cap doesn't keep me awake. Tomorrow I will try a cap at about 5pm and see how the evening snack cravings go ?????

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I took my first dose at 6am this morning with my coffee, no side effects at all, took another one at about 2 pm again with coffee. Funny thing is I got done mowing about 4pm Showered, and feel a sleep for about an hour, so I guess 1 cap doesn't keep me awake. Tomorrow I will try a cap at about 5pm and see how the evening snack cravings go ?????
absolutely, you know as well as i do that each individual needs to experiment and find what works best for them...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's great to hear. I'm glad you're tolerating it well.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's great to hear. I'm glad you're tolerating it well.
We will see what I can work up to. @sns8778 I may need a few of those discounted bottles ??

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We will see what I can work up to. @sns8778 I may need a few of those discounted bottles ??
That would be great. Just let me know. It would help me out too to go ahead and get rid of them.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That would be great. Just let me know. It would help me out too to go ahead and get rid of them.
i'm your huckleberry...i am one of those who very much prefers ycl to the alpha....i don't get boner effect with the alpha :(

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Regular Yohimbine makes me jittery; really jittery.

I have much better luck with Rauwolscine. My "experience" tells me that it shares the same pro-erectile, aphrodisiac and mood-elevating effects as yohimbine, but with a much more subtle effect.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i'm your huckleberry...i am one of those who very much prefers ycl to the alpha....i don't get boner effect with the alpha :(
I forgot that what he and I were talking about about the discount bottles wasn't posted in this thread.

I'd created a discount code for 20% off the Yohimbine 2.5 for anyone buying it from the website. Code: yohimbine20
It works on the Yohimbine 2.5 and Alpha Yohimbine.

But I'd also posted in another thread that:
I also have a few close dated bottles from an inventory rotation error that I can do for 6.00 ea. (min. 6 bottles) or 6.00 ea. and free domestic shipping for 12 units (72.00 including shipping for 1,200 caps). For that offer, anyone can just pm me if interested.

Edit: I just thought about it, if anyone wants to do 30 bottles, I'll do 30 bottles for 120.00 (4.00 ea.).

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I forgot that what he and I were talking about about the discount bottles wasn't posted in this thread.

I'd created a discount code for 20% off the Yohimbine 2.5 for anyone buying it from the website. Code: yohimbine20
It works on the Yohimbine 2.5 and Alpha Yohimbine.

But I'd also posted in another thread that:
I also have a few close dated bottles from an inventory rotation error that I can do for 6.00 ea. (min. 6 bottles) or 6.00 ea. and free domestic shipping for 12 units (72.00 including shipping for 1,200 caps). For that offer, anyone can just pm me if interested.
i will pm you when it gets close to my making next order--i'm stocked up right now:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Regular Yohimbine makes me jittery; really jittery.

I have much better luck with Rauwolscine. My "experience" tells me that it shares the same pro-erectile, aphrodisiac and mood-elevating effects as yohimbine, but with a much more subtle effect.
strange how people have such widely different reactions to stuff-eh?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
strange how people have such widely different reactions to stuff-eh?
Sure is. Another one that I seem very sensitive to is GABA. I see recommended dosages of 3 grams. Anything over about 750mg and I feel like I am trying to breath through a garden hose.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sure is. Another one that I seem very sensitive to is GABA. I see recommended dosages of 3 grams. Anything over about 750mg and I feel like I am trying to breath through a garden hose.
and i feel really great on 2gms of phenibut and i see where some take 5gms or more...too many examples of this to even list.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Same here. Some say gaba doesn't cross the BBB (blood-brain barrier) but those of us with "leaky brain" are hypersensitive and 3gms tingles me/knocks me the fk out

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Same here. Some say gaba doesn't cross the BBB (blood-brain barrier) but those of us with "leaky brain" are hypersensitive and 3gms tingles me/knocks me the fk out
I think that's a great example of like where me and you have discussed before - that too many people refer to things in broad strokes rather than how different things effect different people differently. There are definitely people that get a dramatic and immediate response to GABA. Then you have the people that say it doesn't cross the BBB; well, if it doesn't, it surely works in some other way great for certain people.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday
3am 2.5 mg with coffee
11am same
5pm same

I do not believe it effected my hunger, I still wanted to snack. If had no effect on my sleep

Today

3am up the dose to 5 mg with coffee ??????????

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yesterday
3am 2.5 mg with coffee
11am same
5pm same

I do not believe it effected my hunger, I still wanted to snack. If had no effect on my sleep

Today

3am up the dose to 5 mg with coffee ??????????
Take it all upon waking, so 7.5mg. Remember Yohimbine works best in a fasted state when insulin is not present. It would be best to utilize it in that fashion.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This morning was 5mg with coffee upon waking 3am. Working my way up to ?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This morning was 5mg with coffee upon waking 3am. Working my way up to ?
Here ya go:

You will also want to monitor if you get cold sweats, increased heart rate, or shivers which are common side effects of Y."

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Info !

3am Coffee + 5mg Yohimbine, now time to add a scoop of Radiate ?????????????

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good Info !

3am Coffee + 5mg Yohimbine, now time to add a scoop of Radiate ?????????????
You still have original Radiate? If so that was smart to hoard. My last bottle liquified. Sad.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You still have original Radiate? If so that was smart to hoard. My last bottle liquified. Sad.
I have one I am using and one unopened in the freezer !! Best stuff for fasted cardio !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yesterday
3am 3 caps with coffee
11am 3 caps with coffee
5pm 1 cap with coffee

This morning 4 cap 10mg + Coffee

Anyone who says they can't tolerate Yohimbine should try this SNS Brand I have had Zero issues so far.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yesterday
3am 3 caps with coffee
11am 3 caps with coffee
5pm 1 cap with coffee

This morning 4 cap 10mg + Coffee

Anyone who says they can't tolerate Yohimbine should try this SNS Brand I have had Zero issues so far.
Thank you. And that's great to hear.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Idk, I’d be careful with that. I’m 52 and I wouldnt use yohimbe and caffeine together. I know you don’t want to hear that.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Idk, I’d be careful with that. I’m 52 and I wouldnt use yohimbe and caffeine together. I know you don’t want to hear that.
Why not may I ask ?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not a big fan of throwing stims around like that. Blood pressure rising and falling like that constantly during the day just doesn’t seem like a good idea. I know you don’t want to hear that, neither do I. You seem like a good dude , just think you should really keep an eye on using all that kind of stuff.

Do you check your bp through out the day?

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not a big fan of throwing stims around like that. Blood pressure rising and falling like that constantly during the day just doesn’t seem like a good idea. I know you don’t want to hear that, neither do I. You seem like a good dude , just think you should really keep an eye on using all that kind of stuff.

Do you check your bp through out the day?
Yohimbine effects some peoples blood pressure, but that also tends to be the people that are sensitive to it that shouldn't be doing the protocol he is doing anyway. A lot of people run it the way he is with no issues though.

I can't take Yohimbine myself but I love Alpha Yohimbine; but Alpha Yohimbine would be taken completely differently.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It has no effect on my Blood Pressure at all ........... ?????

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That’s why I asked do you check your blood pressure through out the day?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s why I asked do you check your blood pressure through out the day?
Only when I think it might be high, headache, tight chest, etc ??