Yohimbine

let1162

let1162

Awards
Does anyone know if it’s true that
Yohimbine works only if you’re fasting ?

Thanks !

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never heard such a thing

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes fasted...The longer the better but an hour or two before you consume anything and you still still reap benefits

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine can still have some stimulant effect, but it's thermogenic properties only work in the absence of insulin (aka in a fasted state). You don't need to be "fasting" technically, but I would wait 4-5 hours after a meal before consuming yohimbine to maximize the benefits. First thing in the morning is the easiest strategy IMO

GrizzleB

GrizzleB

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hmm didn't know this. I guess I need to start skipping breakfast. Is it ok to have a bang drink with it since its zero calorie?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is very interesting

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hmm didn't know this. I guess I need to start skipping breakfast. Is it ok to have a bang drink with it since its zero calorie?
Should be good. Would be the same as if you had a the Y in a fat burner powder.

mugger

mugger

Awards
Yes. I take it right before my fasted cardio. Which is after my workout.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking it with insulin, even bcaa's, definitely reduces its effectiveness, by how much, 30 %,50 % , 60 % , 70% , 100%, I dont know. I take mine in the morning, after food usually, am I getting benefits? I still get the cold sweat feeling so I feel its doing something.

I have in the past not taking yohimbine with anything, except ec stack, and waited hours before eating, and it was too inconvenient, at the time.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
I read pretty much the same thing that’s being reiterated here, but I don’t know how anyone can take this ish. I took a standard 15mg yohimbine dose and didn’t sleep for a full 30 something hours. Like I skipped a whole night into the next day sleeping. Maybe I’m just sensitive to it, but I was getting light headed and everything and felt like death. Probably counter productive at least in my case.
To each their own

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read pretty much the same thing that’s being reiterated here, but I don’t know how anyone can take this ish. I took a standard 15mg yohimbine dose and didn’t sleep for a full 30 something hours. Like I skipped a whole night into the next day sleeping. Maybe I’m just sensitive to it, but I was getting light headed and everything and felt like death. Probably counter productive at least in my case.
To each their own
start out at 2.5 mgs. Ive been doing it a week, and 2.5 is enough. I get them cold sweats at 2.5 mgs. Up it slowly, or stay low. Ive used up to 20 mgs and it took months to work up to that dose. even 10 mgs off the bat is asking for sides.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No. Studies have been done to show that even the sweet taste in your mouth will cause a phase 1 insulin release. Even zero calorie sweeteners break a fast temporarily in that regard.

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
start out at 2.5 mgs. Ive been doing it a week, and 2.5 is enough. I get them cold sweats at 2.5 mgs. Up it slowly, or stay low. Ive used up to 20 mgs and it took months to work up to that dose. even 10 mgs off the bat is asking for sides.
This is probably sound advice, from what I noticed from my dose less is DEFINETLY more in this case. They have logs and articles out saying a normal dose is like 10-20mg. For beginners I wouldn’t recommend

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive taken both yohimbine and alpha yohimbine quite a few pre contests. 2012 alpha yohimbine only. 2016 yohimbine, 2017 mixed them 2018 mixed , 2019, I did alpha yohimbine the first time today and didnt get the cold sweats like yohimbine.

Febus

Febus

Awards
I would always take it fasted and could definitely feel a thermo effect. Would take it first thing in the morning and go do cardio.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. Studies have been done to show that even the sweet taste in your mouth will cause a phase 1 insulin release. Even zero calorie sweeteners break a fast temporarily in that regard.
This isn't true. Studies show that it DOESNT spike insulin

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This isn't true. Studies show that it DOESNT spike insulin
I have personally read a couple studies lately that state anything sweet in the mouth causes a phase 1 response. Show me otherwise. I'm serious.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here is one of the 2 studies I recently read.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will occasionally take ycl and a bronkaid with my pre-workout. I have used bronkaid with my pre-workout many times. what I notice when I add ycl is increased energy and vastly increased sweating. maltrodextrin and artificial sweetners are included in my pre-workout.

I am not using ycl for fat burning but evidently insulin increase has little to no affect on it's stimulant/thermos affect, at least for me.

as a side note, ycl has a pretty potent stimulant affect, might be good to include a anti-cort if cutting as stimulants can increase cortisol.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will occasionally take ycl and a bronkaid with my pre-workout. I have used bronkaid with my pre-workout many times. what I notice when I add ycl is increased energy and vastly increased sweating. maltrodextrin and artificial sweetners are included in my pre-workout.

I am not using ycl for fat burning but evidently insulin increase has little to no affect on it's stimulant/thermos affect, at least for me.

as a side note, ycl has a pretty potent stimulant affect, might be good to include a anti-cort if cutting as stimulants can increase cortisol.
Great knowledge here, on the anti cortisol with yohimbine. Miss you BigT.