Yohimbine & Caffeine

div1872

Awards
  • Established
Does Yohimbine need caffeine to be effective?

or is standalone fine?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In the presence of caffeine, Y is enhanced
Y can be taken solo
You can take .2mg/kg of Yohimbine (Work up to this dose) best on a fasted stomach and away from food to get its maximum benefit.

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does Yohimbine need caffeine to be effective?

or is standalone fine?
Yohimbine doesn’t need caffeine to be effective. This is the commonly cited study showing Yohimbine aids in fat loss: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17214405

Start very low, don’t just jump into a high dosage. Also ensure you’re getting your Yohimbine from a reputable company (such as SNS, PrimaForce)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Start very low, don’t just jump into a high dosage. Also ensure you’re getting your Yohimbine from a reputable company (such as SNS, PrimaForce)
Definitely agreed here. SNS is my go to for yohimbine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
short answer: no

Long answer: it would be BETTER with caffeine, but def not necessary. As the guys above said, start low and work up to avoid being overstimmed... I can handedly vouch that too much Y is a MISERABLE experience for a few hours. SNS Yohimbine 2.5 is one of the cheapest and easiest (comes in 2.5mg caps for easy taper up) around.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done many ECA before. My last one I added Y to it for yohimbe and it really kicked it in. I did ECA 3times a day and only took yohimbe the first one in the morning. It does kick ass.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Doesn't need caffeine, much better with it.

Yeah, start slow, on both the Y and the caffeine. Too much can be really unpleasant and it does not make up for it in fat loss, honestly. It's only really effective in aggregate if you can still have a good workout and enjoyable / productive day.

Please pay attention to Yohimbine HCl vs. Yohimbe bark, you don't really know what you're buying with the bark extracts.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yeah, start slow, on both the Y and the caffeine. Too much can be really unpleasant and it does not make up for it in fat loss, honestly. It's only really effective in aggregate if you can still have a good workout and enjoyable / productive day.

Please pay attention to Yohimbine HCl vs. Yohimbe bark, you don't really know what you're buying with the bark extracts.
how much is good to start with I think with hcl i have heard like 5mg or 2.5 mg?

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

how much is good to start with I think with hcl i have heard like 5mg or 2.5 mg?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the others start at 2.5 and see how it treats you then you can increase if needed.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2.5 is the safest but likely you can bump to 5 right away (day 2-3 if you don't feel overstimmed right off the bat)... even 5 is a pretty low dose and people typically work up to 10-12.5mg after a few weeks

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is that 2.5 per day or with each dose of ECA? I usually ECA 2-3 times a day when I do it. My understanding is Y and E are of the same sort of family of antagonists and cant be used for longer than 12 weeks. I would love to find something to use in between to be able to run it longer.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
is that 2.5 per day or with each dose of ECA? I usually ECA 2-3 times a day when I do it. My understanding is Y and E are of the same sort of family of antagonists and cant be used for longer than 12 weeks. I would love to find something to use in between to be able to run it longer.
It would be dosed every time you take the EC. I’ve never seen anything about why those wouldn’t be fine for longer than 12 (and have personally used longer)

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
As most others have said, no Y is not needed. But like any other supplement (especially stimulant combos) start at a low dose and evaluate from there