Yohimbine and Itching

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone else battle itching skin when taking Yohimbine supplements? There seems to be a connection with norepinephrine release and histamine. Problem is if I take an antihistamine it makes me sluggish so don’t really know how to combat this side effect.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
yes, I get that and anxiety from yohimbine. If you're using for fat loss purposes, have you tried l carnitine l tartrate? My favorite for cutting.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Have not tried that form of l carnitine. Does it give you the warming and sweat effects like Yohimbine?

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Have not tried that form of l carnitine. Does it give you the warming and sweat effects like Yohimbine?
No, it doesn’t cause thermogenesis, but it increases fatty acid oxidation and prevents catabolism. It also has muscle glycogen preservation that prevents muscle fatigue and weakness.

I like 4g a day with 2g being PWO. Best to take it with carbs. I even use it when “bulking” to limit fat gain.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No, it doesn’t cause thermogenesis, but it increases fatty acid oxidation and prevents catabolism. It also has muscle glycogen preservation that prevents muscle fatigue and weakness.

I like 4g a day with 2g being PWO. Best to take it with carbs. I even use it when “bulking” to limit fat gain.
how long can you run it?

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
how long can you run it?
From my research, it's safe to run long term at 2g ed with 4g being the upper limit. However, I usually only use it during a cut or improvement period. When maintaining I'll take a break.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I forgot to mention, it can also be used for androgen receptor upregulation.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From my research, it's safe to run long term at 2g ed with 4g being the upper limit. However, I usually only use it during a cut or improvement period. When maintaining I'll take a break.
i used it a long time ago powder mixed it with a few other things and if i remember right got good results cutting with it

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
i used it a long time ago powder mixed it with a few other things and if i remember right got good results cutting with it
If you haven't tried the l tartrate version, I highly recommend it. Has higher bioavailability.

P.brow17

P.brow17

Awards
Try 200mg of Theanine with your yohimbine. Helps with some of the screwy side effects.

If that doesn’t work, switch to alpha-yohimbine. Less sides, generally the same stubborn fat mobilization from fasted cardio.

My favorite combo is EC stack + 6mg raulwoscine + 200mg Theanine + 2.5g tyrosine an hour before fasted cardio

Favorite alpha-yohimbine is evomuse alphaburn. I can’t tolerate yohimbine at all