YK-11 cycle experiences for people with predominantly slow-twitch muscle fibers?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I understand that YK-11 supposedly converts slow-twitch muscle fibers into fast-twitch muscle fibers. Therefore, this compound is of interest to me since I had a genetic test completed through Fitness Genes that revealed that I am part of the ~1-2% of the human population that does not have ANY fast-twitch muscle fibers whatsoever (I.e., I have 100% slow-twitch muscle fibers). This would explain why I have always had a natural preference for forms of cardio such as moderate-paced distance running, and it probably also helps to explain why HIIT cardio is miserable for me and why I was never one of those guys in highschool/college who obtained really noticeable results from lifting at the gym.

So anyways, has anyone here run a solo cycle of YK-11? I heard that it's not very effective on its own, but I wasn't sure if it could potentially yield much more noticeable results for someone who literally has no fast-twitch muscle fibers whatsoever.

Newth

Awards
Interesting, I haven't heard of that before.

YK allegedly increases hyperplasia through myostatin inhibition, the same basic concept as a genetic disorder referred to as "double muscle" that the Bulgarian Blue cow was bred to have, deactivated myostatin genes. Gene therapy is a side being looked into it also.
Supposedly it should allow easier activation of the satellite cells in the muscle to create new fibers.
As for converting slow-twitch to fast-twitch I haven't seen anything on that, interesting though.

Do you know the genetic reason why you only have slow-twitch?

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dude if you have no type 2 fibres at all then I believe you won't be able to shift your fast twitch low twitch balance at all

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, I haven't heard of that before.

YK allegedly increases hyperplasia through myostatin inhibition, the same basic concept as a genetic disorder referred to as "double muscle" that the Bulgarian Blue cow was bred to have, deactivated myostatin genes. Gene therapy is a side being looked into it also.
Supposedly it should allow easier activation of the satellite cells in the muscle to create new fibers.
As for converting slow-twitch to fast-twitch I haven't seen anything on that, interesting though.

Do you know the genetic reason why you only have slow-twitch?

Well, I did a Google search for "YK-11 slow twitch" and can't find anything, so apparently I must have gotten mixed-up and gotten confused on what I thought I had read (apparently, I had actually read about it being a myostatin inhibitor). Too many late nights, apparently.

To answer your question, according to my Fitness Genes test, I am one of the few individuals in the human population that doesn't produce any alpha-actinin-3 protein, which is apparently an indicator of the presence of fast-twitch muscles (I.e., no alpha-actinin-3 = no fast-twitch fibers). On another interesting note, I also don't produce any of a nervous system protein called CNTF, which is apparently associated (along with the lack of AA3 protein) with having lower baseline strength levels as well as a tendency to overeat.

To be honest, the entire genetic analysis kind of depressing to read, especially in regards to the genes that are associated with muscle strength/development (I have the "Associated With a Lesser Probability of Building Muscle" alleles for literally all genes). Of course, this would explain why I have always had a very soft, undefined, "endomorph" look, even though I do lots of cardio and am not fat, but with my natural aptitude for gaining muscle and strength being so lousy, it almost seems like using PEDs will be a requirement for making significant progress (especially since I'm now in my 30's as well).

Besides YK-11, I've also been considering LGD, RAD-140, and S-23.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your Thyroid Hormone is responsible for conversion from slow to fast twitch muscle fibers.

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1113/jphysiol.1994.sp020426

By way of training you can convert slow to fast twitch muscle fibers but at a 10% maximum conversion. You are born with what you will have which is usually 50/50. Some are born to be more 'gifted' endurance or sprinters based on genetics. Now then, further research is always ongoing, and I am certain my cursory search can easily be eclipsed by anyone spending more than a few minutes on Dr. Google.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912291

This is just food for thought, as one is probably climbing a hill that may not offer the view as expected when reaching the summit.

Newth

Awards
Your Thyroid Hormone is responsible for conversion from slow to fast twitch muscle fibers.

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1113/jphysiol.1994.sp020426

By way of training you can convert slow to fast twitch muscle fibers but at a 10% maximum conversion. You are born with what you will have which is usually 50/50. Some are born to be more 'gifted' endurance or sprinters based on genetics. Now then, further research is always ongoing, and I am certain my cursory search can easily be eclipsed by anyone spending more than a few minutes on Dr. Google.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21912291

This is just food for thought, as one is probably climbing a hill that may not offer the view as expected when reaching the summit.
Awesome work!
SpicedCider Yep, you got a sh!t deal.

Do as Justherefor4comm is showing. Learn what you can about what you have. You have Dr Google(just don't become a hypochondriac), You have the genetic markers to start from so your miles in front. Look into what gene-therapy has shown and work out how to do what they do, in whatever other field is available if you can.

Do your research well, both scientific and general opinion as much as you can.

As for what I can gather about YK(I need to look into it a LOT more yet),
It has the potential to be used for a base, being DHT backboned it MAY work(waiting to read reprorts on solo runs),
It might not be anabolic as such, but will speed up your anabolic pathways and maybe slow down your catabolic pathways, allowing a higher chance of growth(even when resting),
It should help satellite cells activate, helping to split cells to create new muscle fibers.(good to grow more long lasting muscle, it may run their supply shorter though).

S-23, and the other two sarms, no solid idea really now, information posted today from an account named, Mike Arnold(not sure of it's authenticity but, a member showed respect), that was interesting...
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/301304-ldg-4033-andros.html

Honestly, better learning(AND IMPLEMENTING) it in your 30s than your 40s yeah?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome work!
SpicedCider Yep, you got a sh!t deal.

Do as Justherefor4comm is showing. Learn what you can about what you have. You have Dr Google(just don't become a hypochondriac), You have the genetic markers to start from so your miles in front. Look into what gene-therapy has shown and work out how to do what they do, in whatever other field is available if you can.

Do your research well, both scientific and general opinion as much as you can.

As for what I can gather about YK(I need to look into it a LOT more yet),
It has the potential to be used for a base, being DHT backboned it MAY work(waiting to read reprorts on solo runs),
It might not be anabolic as such, but will speed up your anabolic pathways and maybe slow down your catabolic pathways, allowing a higher chance of growth(even when resting),
It should help satellite cells activate, helping to split cells to create new muscle fibers.(good to grow more long lasting muscle, it may run their supply shorter though).

S-23, and the other two sarms, no solid idea really now, information posted today from an account named, Mike Arnold(not sure of it's authenticity but, a member showed respect), that was interesting...
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/301304-ldg-4033-andros.html

Honestly, better learning(AND IMPLEMENTING) it in your 30s than your 40s yeah?
I've been kind of busy over the last day or so, but I definitely will make it a point to read over the research studied that Just4comm posted as well as the thread you linked.

I just remembered something else; when reading over my Fitness Genes report last night, in the summary section, it basically said that in order for me to have any hope of gaining muscle/strength, I would need to implement an extremely high-volume routine of at least 18-22 sets per workout, with at least 20-30 reps per set (and to lift as heavy as possible). That just sounds insane, especially considering the fact that I have labrum tears in both shoulders and was told by a physical therapist to do no more than 8-9 sets per workout.

Like I alluded to in my previous post, it kind of makes me chuckle when I mention taking PH's/SARMs and other guys come back with, "But dude, there's no way you've reached your natural genetic potential!" According to the genetic test, however, some of the alleles I have that put me at a significant disadvantage for gaining muscle/strength are only found in 1-2% of the human population, so you could say that in a sense, I'm worse off than 98-99% of the population when it comes to my aptitude for making progress at the gym. This is why I want to cautiously transition to taking PEDs.

Having said that -- I know I've been discussing SARMs in this thread, but for someone in my situation (in terms of genetics), do you think I'd be better off taking something hormonal?

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that in 2013, my testosterone was tested and found to be around 450-480 (I believe the bottom of the normal range was around 400 or maybe 380), so maybe I should get my testosterone levels checked again to see if they've officially fallen to "needs TRT" range. Then again, needing to go on TRT at age 30 sounds a little unusual, but you never know....