Yates' OL log (with some SD)

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
That's some crazy volume man! Major props on getting all that food down.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
They are starting to disappear already
Yeah as long as my waist doesn't grow I'm ok genetically I hold lower ab and back fat but a couple weeks of abliderate and carb cycling and I'm good not shredded but defined

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah as long as my waist doesn't grow I'm ok genetically I hold lower ab and back fat but a couple weeks of abliderate and carb cycling and I'm good not shredded but defined
Yeah, I cut real easy so it isn't an issue. I wear a size 29 pants still so no worries

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, I cut real easy so it isn't an issue. I wear a size 29 pants still so no worries
Damn you got nothing to worry bout then. I'm embarked to say but some bulking seasons I have had to pull out size 36 jeans...

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
Yeah agree with mixed up. 5'9 and 29 in waist while bulking is nothing to worry about.

while I don't need as many cals as you, my day is pretty hectic, so I have to get my food in when I can. So if I have to get a huge meal in, my stomach is distended for a couple of hours! It don't look good!!! Lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah agree with mixed up. 5'9 and 29 in waist while bulking is nothing to worry about.

while I don't need as many cals as you, my day is pretty hectic, so I have to get my food in when I can. So if I have to get a huge meal in, my stomach is distended for a couple of hours! It don't look good!!! Lol
Hahaha! Same here, after a big meal it shows.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
In on this. I wish I stashed some dimethadrol! This cycle is going to be gnarly
Hell yea! glad you made it, bro! now I know mr. yates is slightly conservative and very smart about his runs, but I get the feeling that hes ready to bring out the mr.hyde side and show us what its all about, this cycle will be awesome. and wish I had some dimethadrol as well!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
And woke up super hungry! Just got back from the gym and am slamming 2 chicken breast and 2 cups of whole grain rice. Already up to 1800 calories this mmorning and it isn't quite 10 am. I didn't expect such an immediate effect from the sd
That's freaking awesome bro, pure beastmode! that means your gonna blow the **** up on this stuff, and in the good way you keep eating like that, I bet you gain 5-10lbs in the next two weeks tops!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell yea! glad you made it, bro! now I know mr. yates is slightly conservative and very smart about his runs, but I get the feeling that hes ready to bring out the mr.hyde side and show us what its all about, this cycle will be awesome. and wish I had some dimethadrol as well!
Yes I really like his layout at first glance it looked a bit much but after breaking it down I was like this is really well thought out and sure to bring fantastic gains

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just trying to get big like you homie!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
I try to switch up my my main exercise between flat and incline, and even sometimes decline. I do need to focus more on incline Bb presses, they are a weak link for me. Appreciate the advice!
Yea buddy!! im not saying you are like a lot of guys, but ALOT of guys always stick to that flat bench for the numbers and overall thickness of the chest, I used to train flat first for years and years and then about 3-4 years ago after being around tons of guys behind the walls and on the streets I noticed about 95% of guys had a tear drop look to their chest cause they always started with flat bench first, I started reading several studies about chest exercises and what stimulates what, whats more beneficial for overall upper body strength when it comes to the cchest presses and I even knew a few guys that were pure genius and wrote books about tons of fitness/body building/strength training and so fourth and what I came away with was that the flat bench though its a little easier usually to put up more weight then the incline and it contributes to most of the overall density

it really benefits you very little compared to the incline bench first of all the incline bench can be manipulated in several degree's from 10 degrees all the way to 70 degrees maybe even 80 before it puts all the stress on your front dealths and tris.. anyhow I promise you that if you start off doing incline presses and incline dumbells first and foremost and finding the perfect angle where you feel it most, your chest will look 100x different and better and your overall upper body strength will double because once the upper pec reaches failure the shoulders and tris take over so you get them involved more when needed and I tell you bro in a month or two of doing that you will see that upper chest sticking out through the collar of your shirt and like I said 95% of dudes don't have NO upper chest and it just makes a world of difference.. I don't wanna sound like a know it all or come off like im telling you what to do, im just throwing my experience and opinion in to see you be more in your prime everyday at 110% !

the one thing that you might not like is that your flat bench numbers will go down a little because your starting with the incline and whatever you start with gets 110% everytime.. heres a small example of what I do to make sure I get it all in

Incline DumbBell Press (30-40 Degrees) 3x15,12,10 (increase weight each time to reach failure at those reps)
Flat Dumbell Press 3x12,10,8 (same as above)
Incline Barbell or Smith Machine/Power Rack Press (only if you don't have a spotter and want to go max use the latter two) 3x12,10,8
Flat Barbell Press but do 3x12-15 (use weight that makes youdrive past 12 to get 15)

now depending on my chest day I sometimes do the seated pecdec machine for 3-4 sets of 12-15 but I love to go over to the cable cross over with d-ring handles drop the pulleys all the way down low and do the upper cut type flyes where you bring your fist out wide to your side then you bring them in and up at the same time and once you have it fully contracted where your fist should be side by side in front of your face you should feel it literally pulling your upper chest out.. I also like to raise the pulleys to shoulder level and lean forward on one foot and do incline type flys nice and slow... anyways sorry to take up so much space my friend just wanted to give you some idea's hope some of this might help you in some way shape or form! cant wait to hear the latest. love & respect always brother!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Yes I really like his layout at first glance it looked a bit much but after breaking it down I was like this is really well thought out and sure to bring fantastic gains
Hell yea, dude is extremely smart and knowledgeable and its taking him some time to figure this out cause we been talking about it for some time now but I didn't expect him to come out of the gate like a raging bull all premeditated bulk time haha.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good advice brother, that's why we are tight. I need a change in my bench routine anyway, will give the KilaCali workout a try!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Hell yea! let me know if you need any other little tips man I got you! oh and I do dips at the very end because their too easy if you do them first y know? so I do 4x15+ dips I try to find a close grip dip bar and a wide one and do 2 sets on each one for as many as I can do, and then the last 2 sets I superset with decline pushups on a bench... but yea bro focus on the upper chest, just start with those and give it about 2 months doing that everytime and you will see huge results!

Heres basically a great example of upper chest and what you can achieve bro, one of my fav BB's of all time if I could have any physique I would take his!

francochest1.jpg
FrancoColumbo_006.jpg

made2last

Awards
Damn Colombos upper chest is the same size as his lower chest if not bigger! didn't think that was even possible. KilaCali you just inspired me to switch my chest routine up again. props. I usta start chest with incline hard, but I got away from it due to a shoulder injury. I'll be using dumbells to lessen the shoulder pain.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was a day off for me from the gym so nothing new to report. I'm planning on weighing in once a week to see where I'm at. Libido is still high and still have zero lethargy. When did sd start to slam you guys with sides?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yesterday was a day off for me from the gym so nothing new to report. I'm planning on weighing in once a week to see where I'm at. Libido is still high and still have zero lethargy. When did sd start to slam you guys with sides?
If your going to get it usually happens around day 7 but I never get it unless I'm low on carbs

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If your going to get it usually happens around day 7 but I never get it unless I'm low on carbs
Well, I'm never low on carbs so hopefully I will be good! Felt a little sluggish this morning but still got in a good workout

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, I'm never low on carbs so hopefully I will be good! Felt a little sluggish this morning but still got in a good workout
Take it with fast acting carbs not complex see how that works for you. I actually take mine with pepsi

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take it with fast acting carbs not complex see how that works for you. I actually take mine with pepsi
I've been taking mine with maltodextrin and slow digesting carbs (******* clean gainer)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys! Found armicare pro on sale at nutraplanet for less than 30$ that's an awesome deal!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been taking mine with maltodextrin and slow digesting carbs (******* clean gainer)
I'm so bad I don't even know what what maltodextrin is... actually I'm supposed to take bcaa's and L-carnitine too but don't do that either. I'm supplement challenged all thar stuff confuses me

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm so bad I don't even know what what maltodextrin is... actually I'm supposed to take bcas and L-carnitine too but don't do that either. I'm supplement challenged all thar stuff confuses me
Maltodextrin is just a simple, fast digesting carb

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Maltodextrin is just a simple, fast digesting carb
Oh lol see how simple I am I don't know half the on cycle supplements or pct products people have in their cycles

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh lol see how simple I am I don't know half the on cycle supplements or pct products people have in their cycles
That's the great thing about this forum, I learn something new everyday

707kid

Awards
Im late. But Im in on this. Doing a bulk of my own, about the same cals (4500 to 5000). Its been a struggle.
Looking good so far bro.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im late. But Im in on this. Doing a bulk of my own, about the same cals (4500 to 5000). Its been a struggle.
Looking good so far bro.
Its tough shoving that many calories in your face! I'm doing good with it so far, hope I can keep it up. You logging your cycle?

707kid

Awards
Its tough shoving that many calories in your face! I'm doing good with it so far, hope I can keep it up. You logging your cycle?
No log. Im a week in now. I hate not being able to post pictures and I have way too many noticable tattoos.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I have a bunch of tattoos and none of them are that great. I just need more to fill in with!

707kid

Awards
Yeah, I have a bunch of tattoos and none of them are that great. I just need more to fill in with!
LMAO. Yeah. More room is better. A lot of mine have shifted since I started lifting.
With my job I can get in a lot of trouble for taking anything anabolic. So I just dont take the chances with pictures.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LMAO. Yeah. More room is better. A lot of mine have shifted since I started lifting.
With my job I can get in a lot of trouble for taking anything anabolic. So I just dont take the chances with pictures.
I don't blame you bro. My job I would probably get a raise if my boss found out I was juicing!

mirmod2002

mirmod2002

Awards
Subbed

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was shoulder day, was a little short on time but still got in a decent round
Bb ohp
95×16
115×12
115×11
5×5 with 135 kept these nice and slow with a little pause at the bottom
4 sets Arnold presses
4 sets upright Bb rows
DB lateral raise superset w/bent over dB lateral raise superset w/ Bb front raise 4 sets
4 sets 20 smith machine shrugs.
Got in about 4600 calories so I'm still on track! I'm looking forward to my weigh in on friday

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Man ur killing it if that was a short workout. 4600 kcal
I'm at 3700 bumping to 3900 next week and I gotta get dirty to make that your doing it clean

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man ur killing it if that was a short workout. 4600 kcal
I'm at 3700 bumping to 3900 next week and I gotta get dirty to make that your doing it clean
I've been watching you, looking good! I'm not doing this completely clean, I have some cheat meals in there. I also drink between half and a whole gallon of milk ed. A gallon of whole milk is 2600 calories!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been watching you, looking good! I'm not doing this completely clean, I have some cheat meals in there. I also drink between half and a whole gallon of milk ed. A gallon of whole milk is 2600 calories!
That's clean to me =). . I drink a six pack of pepsi a day

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's clean to me =). . I drink a six pack of pepsi a day
I haven't had soda in so long, couldn't even tell you what it tastes like!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a great day yesterday, spent about 10 hours on top of a fuel tank messing with 3" threaded pipe. The sunburn I got is mean! I got in about 4200 calories so not too bad.
Bicep/tricep workout
Close grip bench 4×12
Skull crushers superset w/ body weight dips 4×12 of each
Rope tricep pulldowns superset w/ machine tricep extensions 3×15 of each
Ez bar curls started with the 80 pound bar and did drop sets down to 20 pounds in 10 pound increments (ran the rack) 4 sets
Machine hammer curls 3×10
After running the ez curl rack I was beat. I could barely bend my arms and I knew I had a long day ahead of me. Pumps are starting to get good! I'm ready for this sd to kick all the way!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Skipped my leg workout yesterday because I got home super late from work Wednesday night. About to make up for them now. I hate missing workouts, but hate not enough sleep more! I will be weighing in today since it is the one week mark.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bb squats+sunburn=@$#=%*!!!!!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Skipped my leg workout yesterday because I got home super late from work Wednesday night. About to make up for them now. I hate missing workouts, but hate not enough sleep more! I will be weighing in today since it is the one week mark.
Rest is key in growing I hate off day too but remember you grow at home not not in the gym