Xtend Perform - Black Cherry

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
Hey everyone. I was fortunate enough to win a bottle of Xtend Perform. This is my first time using a Scivation product and am looking forward to trying it out. I've currently been using it for 3 days, but because of having to work night shift in 12 hour days, I haven't had the time/will to sit down and write my initial review.

Taste​
I enjoy cherries very much and most cherry flavored juice and candies. I'm not big on some black cherry flavors as I find they tend to make the flavor more dense.

Now for Scivations black cherry flavor, to me, it was on point. I love how this stuff tastes. It reminds me of the red tootsie roll pops I used to eat as a kid.

Mixability​
Now I've only been doing one scoop per drink, but it mixes very well. I use a little more than the recommended amount of water.

Formula​
I don't have much experience in taking BCAA supplements, so I can't really compare it with others. So far I am enjoying it and may be adding it to my staple of shops.

Workout Performance​
I mixed up my routine a bit and decided to start the week off with legs. It could have been the fact that I was well rested from the weekend, but I did notice more energy and what seemed like quicker recovery between sets. Instead of taking the serving pre workout, I drank it while doing my workout.

*As a side note, my weekly routine has been a mess because of the 12 hour work days. For my Monday routine I didn't get to start it until Tuesday morning around 2 am. Today is my first day off of 12s and I'm hitting the gym at a normal time.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Make sure your dosing 2 scoops .. not just 1 serving.. 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop intra is what I suggest.

Any chance you can get some pictures up?? You can upload them via a PhotoBucket or IMGUR website or even postimage.org works well.

Formula wise --> We are the only ones to add Peak02 (For endurance, performance, and recovery) into an intra-workout drink. Make sure you read over my first post in the promo thread about updates and what we are looking for. It may help you with detail in this log.

make sure you adjust that dosing to meet the required 4g of Peak02 so you get the full effects of the product
1Fast400 is going to be tagged for your feedback.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I haven't tried this flavor but have to give it a shot!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a insane deal
Flexatril works

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
I have upped my dosage to 2 scoops. I mix 2 scoops at once and drink half before my workout and the other half during. The flavor is more powerful, but I wouldn't say it's overpowering. I actually find this a very enjoyable flavor. I have not tried any of the other flavors, but once this bottle is done, I may have to try them all out. I may even add a scoop into my preworkout and see how that tastes. Not sure if Black Cherry and Blue Razz will go together well, but I'll let you guys know.

It has only been one week, but I gotta say I'm really liking the effects of Xtend. I have really noticed the increase in recovery times, especially after a brutal leg day. Typically I'm pretty sore for 2 days, sometimes up to 4 days, but since I've been taking Xtend I'm really only noticeably sore the next day.

I will update this log periodically and give my thoughts. Once I'm done with the bottle, I'll give my final 100% verdict.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Post up some workouts, and give us a few updates a week on what you notice.
what you note between sets,
what you have changed/added to your workouts (intensity techniques) or the effects on your cardio being done and the performance benefits you see

Told you this stuff is golden :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have upped my dosage to 2 scoops. I mix 2 scoops at once and drink half before my workout and the other half during. The flavor is more powerful, but I wouldn't say it's overpowering. I actually find this a very enjoyable flavor. I have not tried any of the other flavors, but once this bottle is done, I may have to try them all out. I may even add a scoop into my preworkout and see how that tastes. Not sure if Black Cherry and Blue Razz will go together well, but I'll let you guys know.

It has only been one week, but I gotta say I'm really liking the effects of Xtend. I have really noticed the increase in recovery times, especially after a brutal leg day. Typically I'm pretty sore for 2 days, sometimes up to 4 days, but since I've been taking Xtend I'm really only noticeably sore the next day.

I will update this log periodically and give my thoughts. Once I'm done with the bottle, I'll give my final 100% verdict.
Still waiting on some updates and final review.. Been a while.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Still waiting on some updates and final review.. Been a while.
This, hope its not a 'ooh a freebie and run' thread... (blacklist material).

Maybe something has just come up... lets hope anyway.
No-one appreciates poor/uncompleted logs

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
Sorry guys. 12 hour shifts for 2 weeks straight including weekends, plus working on my car for the couple hours I have free has taken up most of my free time. Fortunately I'm still able to get my lift on in the gym.

I've still got about a weeks worth left, maybe left. Figured I'd give my final review once done, but if requested, will post it later today.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Post up some workouts, and give us a few updates a week on what you notice.
what you note between sets,
what you have changed/added to your workouts (intensity techniques) or the effects on your cardio being done and the performance benefits you see

Told you this stuff is golden :)
^^^^^ Please refer to above for some detail we could use! That would be appreciated.

Sorry guys. 12 hour shifts for 2 weeks straight including weekends, plus working on my car for the couple hours I have free has taken up most of my free time. Fortunately I'm still able to get my lift on in the gym.

I've still got about a weeks worth left, maybe left. Figured I'd give my final review once done, but if requested, will post it later today.

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
Sorry about the lack of a final review. Been slammed at work and finally got some much needed time off.

As I stated before, this stuff is amazing. I'll def be adding it as a core to my staple of supplements. Only thing I wish is that this had some preworkout properties to it. But I understand why it doesn't. I'll drink one scoop pre workout and then sip on one scoop during my workout. I haven't looked too much into Scivations supplement line, but going off of Xtend, I may be adding more of their line.

Although I feel a lot more recovery during all my workouts, leg days are where this stuff really shines for me. Below is my current leg routine.

Squats: Warm up followed by a set of 8,6,3 then 3x 6.
Wide stance squat: 2x8
Narrow stance squat: 2x8
Leg press: 4x8
Leg extensions
S/S
Leg curls: 4x8
Back extensions (focusing on hamstrings): 4x8
Slow standing calf raises: 4x8

I usually rest about 2 min between sets on squats, but when I'm sipping on some Xtend, I'm ready to go at the 1 min mark. I've cut my rest down to 90 sec as I feel I'm not more rested after 2 min.

I've also been able to start increasing my weight more per week. I typically like to sit on the same weight for a couple weeks, or only increase by 5-10 lbs. Before taking Xtend I was only squatting around 225lbs for 3 sets (I had a few nagging injuries that kept me out of the gym for a while. Previous 3 rep max was 315). I've now moved my 3 rep max up to 295 and feel in the next week or 2 I should be back at 315 if not more.

I plan on adjusting my routine and mixing things up. Typically when I do this I find myself getting more sore the first few weeks. I'm sure Xtend will def help counter some of that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry about the lack of a final review. Been slammed at work and finally got some much needed time off.

As I stated before, this stuff is amazing. I'll def be adding it as a core to my staple of supplements. Only thing I wish is that this had some preworkout properties to it. But I understand why it doesn't. I'll drink one scoop pre workout and then sip on one scoop during my workout. I haven't looked too much into Scivations supplement line, but going off of Xtend, I may be adding more of their line.

Although I feel a lot more recovery during all my workouts, leg days are where this stuff really shines for me. Below is my current leg routine.

Leg extensions
S/S

I usually rest about 2 min between sets on squats, but when I'm sipping on some Xtend, I'm ready to go at the 1 min mark. I've cut my rest down to 90 sec as I feel I'm not more rested after 2 min.

I've also been able to start increasing my weight more per week. I typically like to sit on the same weight for a couple weeks, or only increase by 5-10 lbs. Before taking Xtend I was only squatting around 225lbs for 3 sets (I had a few nagging injuries that kept me out of the gym for a while. Previous 3 rep max was 315). I've now moved my 3 rep max up to 295 and feel in the next week or 2 I should be back at 315 if not more.

I plan on adjusting my routine and mixing things up. Typically when I do this I find myself getting more sore the first few weeks. I'm sure Xtend will def help counter some of that.
See Bold
Answer here:

Featuring:
7g of BCAAs,
6g of l-citrulline,
3g of tyrosine,
2g of the PeakO2
1.5g of NO3-T arginine nitrate,
1g of Capros.

So yes if you stacked Quake and Xtend Perform. You get legit doses of what you want for around your training :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Take note on intensity techniques you throw in and how you adjust to them
Day to day recovery (DOMS)
How much rest you are knocking off sets
What you notice during cardio? Increase VO2 Max... Faster pace per mile, able to bang out more intervals.. etc

anything helps feedback wise buddy!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Leg extensions
S/S

Couple weeks later....
is there any feedback in here????

SkylineLvr

SkylineLvr

Awards
Sorry, haven't checked the thread in a while. Didn't realize you wanted a follow up to the review.

It has been a couple weeks, but as I stated, this has made it into my stable of supplements. I really have noticed the benefits of adding this to my daily routine. I took about a week and a half off from the gym as I was doing a ton of landscaping around the house. Nothing like hauling bag after bag of rocks to kill your motivation in the gym. But surprisingly I didn't kill my body like I thought I would. I utilized Xtend as if I was in the gym by sipping on it while working I the yard.

I have since changed my routine. I've added daily cardio in. While using the first tub I wasn't doing much cardio, if any at all. I can say that since I've started doing more and more cardio, I've noticed that my endurance has increased a bit quicker than it has in the past. I try to mix up my cardio with slow steady paced running and HIIT throughout the week. I'm not saying that I'm a cardio freak, but I have been able to run a little longer before really feeling like I hate my life.

To answer your question about when mixing up rest periods and DOMS, I have noticed that I can cut my rest period between sets. Typically I'll rest about 2 min between heavy sets and about 1 min between lighter sets. I've since cut my rest periods down to roughly 90 sec on heavy sets and 30-45 sec on lighter sets. After getting back into the gym from my break, I have noticed some soreness, but not as much as I have in the past. I notice for my lighter hypertrophy days I don't have any soreness. I will have some soreness the day after a heavy power day, but that typically just lasts for the day after. I've even commented to some coworkers that I killed it the day before, but feel like I can go back into the gym and workout the exact same muscle group.